New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Correct me if i am wrong but here's my impression already of the 3 vehicles:

Fiesta S - Good performance & driving dynamics, "bang for the buck" if compared between the swift & rio hatchback

Rio Hatchback - More on comfort & convenience, already dressed up straight from the casa

Suzuki Swift - Cheapest acquisition cost without sacrificing driving dynamics and comfort/convenience/exterior looks/features

Hirap mamili!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Swift actually drives better than the Fiesta. Better steering, softer ride, same handling. The only difference is there's no 1.6 available, but that's no biggie.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Stretch your abono a bit and get a Lancer EX GT-A.

If you're settled on the three, then i'd say Fiesta or Swift.
    Agree. Lancer EX GT-A all the way! If not, go for the Swift! Don't you just wanna stretch your budget so you can have more choices?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    of the 3 hatches, which one has the biggest legroom at the back? and also which has the biggest space for cargo? thanks

RIO hands down....sobrang laki ng trunk. Ma-surprise ka talaga when u open it. Legroom is decent enough. Nasisikipan ako sa Swift at Fiesta sa likod.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    If you could wait. Watch out for the all new Civic or the Jazz that will be sourced from Japan. I think Jazz is the most practical among the hatches. Fiesta or Swift can't beat the space, versatility and resale value of the Jazz. Jazz is still the most enjoyable to drive among them due to the paddle shifters which automatically converts your AT into MT making you the decision-maker when to shift up or down. Moreover, no other Subcompact car or compact car in the market can haul in 3 balikbayan boxes.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for all the replies!

After careful consideration, my choices boiled down to either:

1) Suzuki Swift 1.4 AT
    2) Honda Jazz 1.3S AT

Suzuki Swift as I really like the exterior design and the premium feel of the interior. I also test drove it and liked the way it handles and zips thru traffic. Jazz for the interior space, the ULT seats, premium feel of the interior, and the fact that maintenance is at every 10,000 kms.

Any final thoughts, recommendations and reminders sirs?

Among given options I'd get the Kia Rio, altough the best bantams at this class as far as bang-for-bucket goes are the Toyota Yaris and the Honda Jazz.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hatch ba talaga gusto mo bro? Kung ganun, between the Swift and the Jazz I'd get the Jazz, but it'd have to be the 1.5L variant. Take full advantage na of that 800k and just add the remaining! Kung bibili at kaya naman eh di all the way na para walang pagsisisi. But I would still suggest you consider the 1.6L Elantra or the top of the line 1.6L Accent (with all the bells and whistles for only 808k!).

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hatch ba talaga gusto mo bro? Kung ganun, between the Swift and the Jazz I'd get the Jazz, but it'd have to be the 1.5L variant. Take full advantage na of that 800k and just add the remaining! Kung bibili at kaya naman eh di all the way na para walang pagsisisi. But I would still suggest you consider the 1.6L Elantra or the top of the line 1.6L Accent (with all the bells and whistles for only 808k!).
    wla na ata 808k na accent blue. its now 828k.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Swift, Fiesta or Rio hatchback?