New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Hello! I'm looking to buy a new car that will primarily be for personal use in the city and occasional long drives. For now, I'm really torn between the XV and the Juke. I already test drove both and honestly don't have a preference on how they drive.

What I like about the XV are the safety features and AWD. What I like about the Juke are its price and different drive modes. Both appeal to me visually so no problems there. Space also isn't an issue since it would mostly be for personal use.

Can anyone give a bit more insight to help decide? I've been going back and forth between these two for a few weeks now haha. I guess stuff that I can't find out in test drives would help like maintenance cost, fuel consumption (in the city), how they do in slopes--a lot of places I frequent have really steep carparks, common problems, etc.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quite a price difference between the two. Around 400k? Juke offers quirky unique styling, good handling and FWD while the XV is a more capable car with a bigger boxer engine and AWD. FC of the Juke should be better but I imagine it is a lot slower too.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Quite a price difference between the two. Around 400k? Juke offers quirky unique styling, good handling and FWD while the XV is a more capable car with a bigger boxer engine and AWD. FC of the Juke should be better but I imagine it is a lot slower too.
    That's actually part of the reason I can't decide haha. I really like the features included in the Subaru plus the ground clearance but I don't know if they're worth shelling out more cash for.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Maintenance should be cheaper for the Juke. It is just too slow for me. But in the city I guess it will do just fine. In other markets they have a 190ps version that does 0-100 kph in 8s. ☺

The XV's pricing being too close to the Forester would make me think twice unless they offered it at a huge discount. At that level I'd also be looking at the 2.0S CR-V.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    non of the above. subaru wil fold soon if they dont offer diesel. the juke, i had the juke and sold it in less than a year, it has no advantage whatsoever even if you think of it as a SUV, as far as traffic is concerned, halos magkasintaas lang kayo ng jazz or swift. and the. there's the engine power, if youre comparig the teo then get the xv, but sabi ko nga subarus can become extinct since Honda is going diesel na. Honda, Mazda, Subaru sila nila natitirang snob sa gusto ng bayan , but that is about to change with the CRV. i just think Mazda will follow since meron naman sila diesel sa cx5 lineup. and there's also a diesel cx3 and honda hrv

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    non of the above. subaru wil fold soon if they dont offer diesel. the juke, i had the juke and sold it in less than a year, it has no advantage whatsoever even if you think of it as a SUV, as far as traffic is concerned, halos magkasintaas lang kayo ng jazz or swift. and the. there's the engine power, if youre comparig the teo then get the xv, but sabi ko nga subarus can become extinct since Honda is going diesel na. Honda, Mazda, Subaru sila nila natitirang snob sa gusto ng bayan , but that is about to change with the CRV. i just think Mazda will follow since meron naman sila diesel sa cx5 lineup. and there's also a diesel cx3 and honda hrv
    You mean will fold dito sa pinas? They do offer diesel vehicles in other countries.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    I would prefer the XV for its luxe, yet it also has that sporty look.

But...

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    The XV's pricing being too close to the Forester would make me think twice unless they offered it at a huge discount.
    That's why the Forester won me over.

- - -

You've mentioned usage and requirement; Whistler mentioned the price difference. If I put these altogether, I'll go for the Nissan Juke

I was able to test-drive it in March; and I thought it's good for city driving because of the lower engine displacement (1600cc) and eco driving mode. Its cruise control would be great for your occasional long trips. I think it's safe to say that you can expect these things to help get you farther with less fuel.

To put the fuel consumption into perspective, I travel an average of 9.1 to 9.4 km/l at an average speed of 23 kph with the 2.0-liter Forester i-P. It's mostly a weekend car. When I used it a couple of times to get to work (Cainta-QC-Cainta), I only got 8.6 km/l. Just imagine the fuel consumption if I use it everyday, sans the color-coding day.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by therightone View Post
    You mean will fold dito sa pinas? They do offer diesel vehicles in other countries.
    it all depends on tesla, if their model 3 does good, toyota and honda has no choice but to but to create a cheap electric vehicle of their own...prices of gas in turn will go down... so there will be no reason to purchase a diesel one, most of us bumibili ng diesel coz of the cheaper fuel

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post

I highly doubt that they would fold. Their current vehicle line up, all of which are gasoline models, are selling fairly well. One reason that Subaru isn't releasing their diesel models (like the ones in Australia and New Zealand) would be the overall demand of the PH market and the impact on Subaru's overall sales revenue. Do take note that diesel models in the Philippines do cost more than their gasoline counterparts. Another reason would be the overall quality of our diesel fuel in the country. Every vehicle, regardless of brand, has a certain fuel mixture/quality requirement. An example of such would be the late release of Hyundai's Veloster. HARI decided not to release it in 2012 due to poor fuel quality in the Philippines; I think we were still Euro2 at the time. But when the petroleum companies started churning out Euro4/6 fuel, that's when HARI decided to import/sell the Veloster here. I remember having a friend who bough a Veloster from a gray market dealer and had persistent knocking issue due to our bad fuel (kahit Blaze pa or VPower ang nakalagay).

Kindly do proper research muna before posting. The reason why we're getting a lot of diesel crossovers here is that Europe is slowly starting to regulate the sale of diesel vehicles; they''ll regulate it upto the point wherein diesel vehicles are no longer plying the roads in Europe - mainly due to emission concerns. That's why a good majority of manufacturers started offering diesel variants of their crossovers in the SEA region.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    it all depends on tesla, if their model 3 does good, toyota and honda has no choice but to but to create a cheap electric vehicle of their own...prices of gas in turn will go down... so there will be no reason to purchase a diesel one, most of us bumibili ng diesel coz of the cheaper fuel

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    CORRECTION. It all depends if we pass Bill No. 2151 in PH Congress and Senate that would inevitably subsidize the selling price of all electric vehicles in the country. And, I highly doubt that Tesla would dive into the Philippine market without this Bill getting passed. It would prove to costly for them since they would have to pay an enormous amount of taxes, not to mention red tape.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subaru XV or Nissan Juke?