New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Don't pay too much attention on OB's posts. We all know he can get very opinionated on things. Once in a while though, his posts do carry some weight.

Going back to the topic, the XV is clear winner if you talk about overall capability and performance. The Ecosport is a better comparison to the Juke. If budget is a key concern, the Juke or Ecosport are worth considering though at its price, a compact car like the Sylphy/Altis/Focus/Civic is a better buy. If you do have the budget for an XV, a Forester is a more practical option as it is bigger.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mackeeboi View Post
    CORRECTION. It all depends if we pass Bill No. 2151 in PH Congress and Senate that would inevitably subsidize the selling price of all electric vehicles in the country. And, I highly doubt that Tesla would dive into the Philippine market without this Bill getting passed. It would prove to costly for them since they would have to pay an enormous amount of taxes, not to mention red tape.
    pls read my post carefully sir, i didnt say to bring them here, if tesla becomes successful, there will be a domino effect that will make honda, toyota and others to follow suit, it will hopefully decrease the demand of fossil fuel worldwide, the lack of demand will cause the prices to tumble, having a bigger displacement gasoline engine wouldnt have that much of a penalty on our pockets...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No love for the Soul? It does not have all the toys but at the price of the TOTL Ecosport and Juke you have lots more space and a quiet 1.6 CRDI. I test drove the MT at the buy and sell lot across Ultra and it was a nice surprise. We'll try the AT variant with the 7 DCT this weekend.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    He doesn't know who OB is ...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    pls read my post carefully sir, i didnt say to bring them here, if tesla becomes successful, there will be a domino effect that will make honda, toyota and others to follow suit, it will hopefully decrease the demand of fossil fuel worldwide, the lack of demand will cause the prices to tumble, having a bigger displacement gasoline engine wouldnt have that much of a penalty on our pockets...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I did, sir, that's why I replied promptly. As it stands now, Tesla is steadily growing in the Automotive Industry, particularly in the US. Honda and Toyota have already started producing electric vehicles since the early 2000s (google Toyota Prius and Honda Element), BUT, restrictions in LEV/Hybrid Vehicles have hindered these two manufacturer's export of such vehicles to the US due to the strict rules imposed by the EPA regarding proper waste management and disposal of batteries. I highly doubt that there would be a lack of demand for big displacement gasoline engines. You have to consider the demands in various markets; take for example the middle and the US. Though I do admire you expressing your concern on the use of fossil fuel, etc., but it's all wishful thinking as of now.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    He doesn't know who OB is ...
    Unfortunately I don't haha! Mind enlightening me on this, sir?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I did, sir, that's why I replied promptly. As it stands now, Tesla is steadily growing in the Automotive Industry, particularly in the US. Honda and Toyota have already started producing electric vehicles since the early 2000s (google Toyota Prius and Honda Element), BUT, restrictions in LEV/Hybrid Vehicles have hindered these two manufacturer's export of such vehicles to the US due to the strict rules imposed by the EPA regarding proper waste management and disposal of batteries. I highly doubt that there would be a lack of demand for big displacement gasoline engines. You have to consider the demands in various markets; take for example the middle and the US. Though I do admire you expressing your concern on the use of fossil fuel, etc., but it's all wishful thinking as of now.
    yes, i hope it wont be wishfull thinking 5-10 years down the road

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Unfortunately I don't haha! Mind enlightening me on this, sir?
    Search for the OB thread ... he is the resident troll who has morphed into different personalities over the years ... he has had many names ... the latest of which are minicarph and kagalingan ... The nickname OB was coined during his old_blue period ...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Search for the OB thread ... he is the resident troll who has morphed into different personalities over the years ... he has had many names ... the latest of which are minicarph and kagalingan ... The nickname OB was coined during his old_blue period ...
    they're multiple personalities that live in the same body/mind. it is possible that they know of each other as lately they have been cropping out in sequence, posts of one followed closely by the posts of the other. malala na, he's not taking his meds siguro.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    but he does it well.
    the different personalities he shows, are really... different!
    is it skill, or is it a true case of multiple personality, turned on and off at will?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subaru XV or Nissan Juke?