New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Im a newbie. Planning to buy...which one is better? Please advan and dis advan of both. Safety,maintenance costs,fuel consumption etc.......

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    It's a matter of space, utility and ground clearance or a city commuter.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Avanza:
    - People hauler
    - Higher ground clearance
    - Bigger interior space
    - Lakas sa gas
    - Mahina hatak vs. Vios.

Vios:
    - Ok AT performance
    - Good FC
    - Madali i-park, isingit
    - Limited interior space/trunk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You're comparing a car and a small AUV? Question is how will you use it? Business? Basic transport? Family car?

Rob a bank? (joking) ..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sat in the second row of a gen 1 Avanza taxi going northbound on EDSA. Almost hit my head on the roof when it ran over the "bumps" after the Ayala tunnel at 70kph.

All boils down to what you will need a vehicle for
    Last edited by JohnM; July 23rd, 2012 at 04:43 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    And I read sa mga threads, the 1.3 of the Vios is different from the 1.3 of the Avanza. So they don't necessarily produce the same power.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    85hp 2NZ-FE ang engine ng Vios, and 90hp K3-VE ang engine ng Avanza-which, as far as I know, is a Daihatsu engine fitted with Toyota's VVTi. I'd suggest you stay away from the Avanza 1.3, lalo na't A/T. Siguradong malakas sa gas iyan, lalo na kung mabigat lagi ang idadala mo. And since 1.3A/T yan, hihina din ang hatak. Kung Avanza, at least yung 1.5 ang kunin mo.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Practicality, i choose avanza. Hindi mo alam kailan mo kailangan ng space. Pero kung secondary car lang to at may bigger car ka, pwede na rin vios

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Practicality, i choose avanza. Hindi mo alam kailan mo kailangan ng space. Pero kung secondary car lang to at may bigger car ka, pwede na rin vios
    I believe in the opposite of this - you shouldn't be buying a car to fit your once-in-a-blue-moon needs. Sure, there might be a time that you'd have to bring 7 people on a trip. But unless this happens quite frequently, it's not worth the tradeoff of less comfort, weaker performance and dismal fuel economy - all of which you'd have to live with every day.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Thanks......its for personal use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Avanza 1.3 e at vs. vios 1.3 e at pros and cons please