New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I was once caught in a very heavy traffic in Dona Soledad, it took me 2 hours from our house somewhere near MHC to SMB, but that was Saturday of December, normaly I pass by DSA at around the same time as c_Cube, took me 45 mins. to an hour to get to Makati,

BTT: I'll choose the Forester if I have the moolah

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    live in the area of better living, everyday i passed Dona Soledad twice a day, 730-8 in the morning ang 630-7 in the evening. in my experience, BGC taguig area is hell a lot crazy than better living area.

BTT:
    i'll choose the forester if i don't mind spending more on PMS, sabagay if i can buy a 1.5M car, PMS shouldn't be a problem haha!
    Mornings they do the counter flow thing, they take up all four lanes. When doing my errands from 11am-12noon, thats where things go a little bit crazy, the traffic usually starts at big c upto SM, my experience is usually 1km per hour. At that pace i havent checked my FC, if 5-6km a L, im good with that

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    live in the area of better living, everyday i passed Dona Soledad twice a day, 730-8 in the morning ang 630-7 in the evening. in my experience, BGC taguig area is hell a lot crazy than better living area.

BTT:
    i'll choose the forester if i don't mind spending more on PMS, sabagay if i can buy a 1.5M car, PMS shouldn't be a problem haha!
    I'll let him read this thread, kahit kaya nya yung monthly nito, problema padin yung PMS syempre. lalo na kami ay empleyado padin hehe. Talagang gusto lang din ng officemate ko syempre yung fun at yung masasatisfy sya.

EDIT: Balance of fun, looks, power, practicality and space. Right now mukhang forester puro research sa web . lol

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by AltisAndMZ3FAN View Post
    I'll let him read this thread, kahit kaya nya yung monthly nito, problema padin yung PMS syempre. lalo na kami ay empleyado padin hehe. Talagang gusto lang din ng officemate ko syempre yung fun at yung masasatisfy sya.

EDIT: Balance of fun, looks, power, practicality and space. Right now mukhang forester puro research sa web . lol
    Your sense of speed is different in a subaru lalo na sa wrx and sti's ive driven, our honda jazz ( i used to call it cheap/guiltless speed) feels more brisk without the fuel penalty, fast, even though its not. The difference with rav4, crv and the forester is in the corners, try driving from sm molino to alabang via daang hari, youll notice you wont break that much. youll leave other cars behind because they keep on slowing down and your holding speed in the corners. About the FC, even the turbo model is at par or better than other gasoline suv, as long as you keep the rpms around 2k not letter the turbo spool, youll be ok

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would say the car should compliment your friend's line of work or profession. Age is a factor too. If he/she is into sales, the forester would project an image of professionalism and maturity. The Rav4 on the other hand depicts a free sprited, energetic and aggresive personality and usually a hit among younger generations.

Just my 2-cents.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Not sure if lahat ng ito e different engine config ang inilabas sa US, pero karamihan ng compact cuv battle/review tests sa youtube, CR-V amg lumalabas na winner. Apart from space and flexibility ng interior ng cr-v (class leading), lahat ng areas e hindi sya winner, however, consistent and mataas ang score nya sa lahat ng categories so lumalabas overall highest pa din. You might want to consider cr-v sa mga choices.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    You sure? I always see either forester or cx5 winning most reviews in Youtube.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    You sure? I always see either forester or cx5 winning most reviews in Youtube.
    Yes sir. See:
    Motorweek
    Cars.com
    Kelly blue book
    These are decent review channels naman.
    It may be 2015 or 2016 model, but more or less same lang. Again, not sure if crv engine/interior specs for US and asean is so different, im guessing a few electronic features here and there. Pero as they have mentioned, its more about consistent good reviews on every category that makes it the winner. Hindi landslide kumbaga. Take note for some reason may ibang reviews na wala ang forester sa category. Not sure why. I just think good idea na isama sa choices si crv.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Have an FXT and I get over 7 km/liter (using the full tank method) pag tipid mode, easily. I get less than 6 if hataw mode. Never got less than 5 ever. The norm is probably 6.5.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    On Dona Soledad vs C5, both are hell on earth, C5 is probably worse more of the time. Soledad at its worst is the pit of hell. On the topic, Subaru over RAV, no contest. I'd consider the CX5 closer to the Subi.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by desmosedici View Post
    On Dona Soledad vs C5, both are hell on earth, C5 is probably worse more of the time. Soledad at its worst is the pit of hell. On the topic, Subaru over RAV, no contest. I'd consider the CX5 closer to the Subi.
    Hell on earth is an understatement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast