New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    posting this for my officemate who is still confuse on what vehicle to get between the 2
    I honestly have limited knowledge on SUV/crossover feature that's why we really need the inputs here.
    Criteria:
    -Budget would be around 1.8m (not cash basis)
    -28 yrs old guy newly married (no dependents)
    -power for provincial road(monthly zambales trip), low end torque for city driving
    -fuel consumption
    -of course looks
    -reliability
    -aftermarket maintenace as well

You may throw additional inputs on other vehicle he can get though.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The facelifted RAV4 is only 1.26M. Much cheaper than a Forester. It's got the same features as the 1.4M RAV4 that was originally launched here. The 2.5 engine is more powerful compared to other 2.0 CUVs, but it's very unwilling to be revved - more for cruising than outright acceleration.

The Forester is more expensive but definitely the better car overall. Even the base 2.0i is better than the RAV4. I think you can get one for 1.3M now since they offer a 100k discount for it. 2.0 paired with the CVT is merely adequate, but your friend shouldn't mind unless he really wants a fast car (in which case he should get a Forester XT). Drawbacks of the Forester are expensive maintenance and poor parts availability outside casa.

If he's willing to consider something else, I'd also suggest the Mazda CX5. Best interior, best handling, and great value for money at 1.5M considering its features and free maintenance for 3 years. 2.0 Skyactiv engine is also the most efficient among all CUVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The facelifted RAV4 is only 1.26M. Much cheaper than a Forester. It's got the same features as the 1.4M RAV4 that was originally launched here. The 2.5 engine is more powerful compared to other 2.0 CUVs, but it's very unwilling to be revved - more for cruising than outright acceleration.

The Forester is more expensive but definitely the better car overall. Even the base 2.0i is better than the RAV4. I think you can get one for 1.3M now since they offer a 100k discount for it. 2.0 paired with the CVT is merely adequate, but your friend shouldn't mind unless he really wants a fast car (in which case he should get a Forester XT). Drawbacks of the Forester are expensive maintenance and poor parts availability outside casa.

If he's willing to consider something else, I'd also suggest the Mazda CX5. Best interior, best handling, and great value for money at 1.5M considering its features and free maintenance for 3 years. 2.0 Skyactiv engine is also the most efficient among all CUVs.

I'll throw CX5 in his list then, forgot to add that he also prioritize a SUV/CUV which at least replicate a car like handling, coming from a civic 2.0 fd which easily cruise the sharp corners on Olongapo.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AltisAndMZ3FAN View Post
    I'll throw CX5 in his list then, forgot to add that he also prioritize a SUV/CUV which at least replicate a car like handling, coming from a civic 2.0 fd which easily cruise the sharp corners on Olongapo.
    The CX5 is easily the most car-like of them all.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    When I was still searching for a CUV, I trimmed down my choices to 3 - CRV, CX5 and Forester. Among the 3, CX5 is the most appealing because of the Kodo concept and 3yr free PMS. Eventually I decided for the Forester after comparing the features of the 3 cars at the same price range. For a P1.5M level, the forester has the AWD, panoramic sunroof, roof rails, keyless entry, 2-tone 18inch wheels, leather seats, remote hatch door and side curtain airbags. Still I admire the beauty of the CX5 and would have bought it if I were 10 years younger.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    When I was still searching for a CUV, I trimmed down my choices to 3 - CRV, CX5 and Forester. Among the 3, CX5 is the most appealing because of the Kodo concept and 3yr free PMS. Eventually I decided for the Forester after comparing the features of the 3 cars at the same price range. For a P1.5M level, the forester has the AWD, panoramic sunroof, roof rails, keyless entry, 2-tone 18inch wheels, leather seats, remote hatch door and side curtain airbags. Still I admire the beauty of the CX5 and would have bought it if I were 10 years younger.

Hi dreamur, can you give the fc of forrester for heavy traffic? thanks in advance

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I havent driven it long enough to get a good reading but at 500km to the odo, and daily drive from C5 Taguig to BGC and Makati, Im getting a 5kpl.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Also in the market for a new car for my wife in a few months time, were eyeing the Rav 4 also, pero inaantay din namin lumabas yung Fortuner and maybe the Honda BRV if ever it comes out.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    How about hrv and asx? Not interested?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Not sure if lahat ng ito e different engine config ang inilabas sa US, pero karamihan ng compact cuv battle/review tests sa youtube, CR-V amg lumalabas na winner. Apart from space and flexibility ng interior ng cr-v (class leading), lahat ng areas e hindi sya winner, however, consistent and mataas ang score nya sa lahat ng categories so lumalabas overall highest pa din. You might want to consider cr-v sa mga choices.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast