New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I havent driven it long enough to get a good reading but at 500km to the odo, and daily drive from C5 Taguig to BGC and Makati, Im getting a 5kpl.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Weird, im doing 7.75-9kpl on our xt

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I havent driven it long enough to get a good reading but at 500km to the odo, and daily drive from C5 Taguig to BGC and Makati, Im getting a 5kpl.

Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Weird, im doing 7.75-9kpl on our xt
    Different traffic conditions. [emoji4]

Dreamur's area in Taguig is highly congested during rush hour and his trips are rather short. If I remember correctly Mr. Big, you live in the south where I'm sure traffic isn't as bad as Makati/BGC rush hour. Perhaps that 9 km/L even includes a bit of SLEX driving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Dreamur's area in Taguig is highly congested during rush hour and his trips are rather short. If I remember correctly Mr. Big, you live in the south where I'm sure traffic isn't as bad as Makati/BGC rush hour. Perhaps that 9 km/L even includes a bit of SLEX driving?

True. C5 to BGC which normally takes me 10 minutes to drive will now take me at least 30 mins. Mostly idling or running at 20kph.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I just want to share the PMS cost for the 1st month tune up. It cost me P3.5K with a synthetic oil and new oil filter.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015

Yes south, i live in better living where traffic is at par or worst than BGC, the 1km-1.5km stretch of dona soledad (russia-SM) takes an hour, what i did to check my consumption was did a full tank, set the trip meter to 0, made the usual errands (school, banks, etc) went to alabang and back, end of the day fill her up again, youll see from the pump how many liters youve consumed and from the trip meter how many kms youve traveled. Lets say 40kms/5L or 8km/1L, youll get a more accurate idea of your consumption, imho better than subaru's mpg gauge which is parang medyo sablay.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yup, im using the data displayed on the center console. I think it is not reliable so I will try the old school approach.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Definitely, full tank method gets more accurate results. I disagree though that Better Living traffic is worse than C5-BGC. I measure all my cars' consumption using the full tank method, and if it's purely C5-BGC, I get 6-7 km/L with my Altis 1.6.

I'm willing to wager my car that it's not thirstier than a Forester XT. [emoji12]

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Definitely, full tank method gets more accurate results. I disagree though that Better Living traffic is worse than C5-BGC. I measure all my cars' consumption using the full tank method, and if it's purely C5-BGC, I get 6-7 km/L with my Altis 1.6.

I'm willing to wager my car that it's not thirstier than a Forester XT. [emoji12]

Im willing to wager breakfast about the BGC vs the better living traffic, i kid you not when i say an hour just for a km. btw my results were mixed including slex drive to alabang.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    live in the area of better living, everyday i passed Dona Soledad twice a day, 730-8 in the morning ang 630-7 in the evening. in my experience, BGC taguig area is hell a lot crazy than better living area.

BTT:
    i'll choose the forester if i don't mind spending more on PMS, sabagay if i can buy a 1.5M car, PMS shouldn't be a problem haha!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Im willing to wager breakfast about the BGC vs the better living traffic, i kid you not when i say an hour just for a km. btw my results were mixed including slex drive to alabang.
    That was my point in my first post, that 8-9 km/L is already mixed driving with SLEX. I'm sure that if you measured full tank to full tank with just Better Living traffic you'd be hovering at around 5 km/L too.

Anyway, best way to compare traffic is through the average speed reading based on the MID. BGC-only traffic is about 6-10 kph. It frees up a bit when I get home in Pasig to about 12 kph.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast