New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kath1595 View Post
    pero isnt the strada 4x2 basically an adventure with a different body?
    Maybe you are right...but if thats the case...my 4x4 could be a Pajero with a different body.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    Maybe you are right...but if thats the case...my 4x4 could be a Pajero with a different body.
    maybe so.... hehehe, well the important thing is that you guys are happy with what you have

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    They are... Napaka enthusiatic ng Strada Club to be not happy about their trucks.

Oo nga pala, they might have shared the same chassis, but I guess not. Since the new Pajero has an internal frame, the Strada is still under a true ladder chassis. The Adventure shares the same chassis with the Endeavor which is also the same as the old Strada and the Gen. 1 or 2 Pajero.
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mga sir, i'd like to set some things straight here, now if you think i'm wrong this is just from what i know...
    the 4D56 diesel engine has gone a very long way, from NA to turbo to turbo intercooler to CRDI. now the adventure stopped at NA.. i am yet to see a adventure with the 4D56 turbo. also Mitsu introduced the 4M41 3.2L engine, i think is the first CRDI engine with that displacement(i may be wrong though). with regards to comfort, i've tried every available pickup in the market before i bought my strada, it's the only one in it's class that afforded enough legroom for a passenger to sit behind me.
    as for reliability, i've taken my strada to a lot of ridiculous places which i am very happy to say my other friends(owners of a dmax, hilux, ranger and NAVARRA) were either to afraid to go through or actually got caught in between. i am into general construction and land development and mining, so when i say bad and ridiculous roads, i'm not joking!!
    the only other pickup id take with me to work would be the ranger, but thats a whole different story.
    i may be biased because i own a strada, but like i said earlier. This is just what i think. Just my P5.00 worth of thoughts...
    Different strokes for Different Folks!!
    Have a wonderful evening!!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Just got my navara today

2months ako pumila. if you really want a new look na alam mo 2008 nabili go for nissan navara mas malaki legroom and luxurious

but if you want a 2006 look strada buying a new one mukhang 2006 parin yang sasakyan mo inde 2008 look.. (no offense guys jst my thought lang) alam ko dami strada peeps here

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    actually i think that the navara looks like the old frontier only bigger.. so new look? nah! besides, bumawi lang sa leg room but still lacks in power

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    strada na lang. mas expert sa pickup ang mitsu

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hehe.. parang battle to ah, just like comparing SkylineR35 to new Evo.

IMO chosing in between the two, it would still depend on our preference and taste. Based from my observations, the Navara's lower profile would make it ideal for highway cruising and long drives. Also the looks is more matured, macho, and not "nakakasawa". Maintenance wise, nissan's 2.5 engine uses chains not belts to move the cams which i think would make a worry-free ride. Also based from my experience(as we both use 4D56 and TD27 in our fleet), nissan's are more maintenance free-usually change oil lang and most importantly not that smoke belcher. Dont know yet with these new engines, but i think using the old engine in a new platform would be the same. Also the trend today boils down to smaller, powerful, fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly engines.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I wonder now where and what Wrek (threadstarter) have decided now.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The 4D56 DiD still uses belts but the higher displacement 4M41 uses chains already.

*DonT, I bet the Santa Fe!
    iam3739.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Strada or Navarra