New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kath1595 View Post
    pero isnt the strada 4x2 basically an adventure with a different body?
    some one told me that the engine is the same 2.5 that the adventure uses...
    i think the navarra would be a better choice not only with the engine but also the interior, from the inside the strada feels just like any ordinary car, but the navarra is not just roomy but its also luxurious. personally, i prefer pick-ups from cars or suv's. and from all the pick-ups that i've ridden, the navarra has the roomiest cabin, and its 2nd row isnt torture to the people riding there... so my final verdict is..... Ford Ranger!
    you are totally misinformed about the new Strada kath1595....the technology existing in the strada's engine was not yet available when the adventure was released......technically its impossible for them to have the same engine.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    tsk...mali pa spelling....one R lang ang Navara

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBakaL View Post
    Just got my navara today

2months ako pumila. if you really want a new look na alam mo 2008 nabili go for nissan navara mas malaki legroom and luxurious

but if you want a 2006 look strada buying a new one mukhang 2006 parin yang sasakyan mo inde 2008 look.. (no offense guys jst my thought lang) alam ko dami strada peeps here
    new look/2008 look + body/door panels identical to the Frontier + low vertical clearance = the boxy looking new 2008 navara (no offense bro.....just stating the obvious)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    i'll chose the navarra. its engine performance is compare to the strada. plus the 6 speed tranny is superb
    Ows??? How about a race then???

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boydapa View Post
    pinag iisipan pa ba yan

para mo na rin pinagkumpara ang isang apple sa kamote

kahit sabihin pang luma modelo ng strada eh light years away naman sa pagkakadesign ito

pwede pa itapat yun ranger o yun hilux pero navarra nevermind...

Hahaha, this comment really got me off my seat:hysterical: hahahaha.... sorry guys, can't help it, hahaha. Sorry talaga, bungisngis lang talaga ako.

This thread is really amusing.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    CRDI technology was already present during the era of old engines, but not in the Phils. This technology was recently adopted globally to cope up with problem of fuel shortage and stringent regulations for NOx reduction. European nations were the first ones to adopt this technology because they developed it. It so happened that Nissan's now French and Mitsu's still American. Americans are well known to be non-responsive to eco-friendly engines because of the politics in oil. They have even killed the electric cars.

Technology wise, id go for the French. Mitsus are just flashy and full of aesthetics, its even considered as a lemon brand in the US.

IMO people who already own Stradas are just forced to patronize their rides because they already have them. Maybe we should just listen to people who own both these vehicles and who can make a more objective and unbiased view. Come to think of it, Navara was even more than one year behind the Strada when it was released in the Phil market thats why theres actually no point in comparing at this early.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jatcos View Post
    IMO people who already own Stradas are just forced to patronize their rides because they already have them.
    The other way around may also be very true, and in my opinion, is more plausible.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    One thing is for sure, there are more Strada than Navara owners now. Hence, there are more people biased for Strada.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jatcos View Post
    One thing is for sure, there are more Strada than Navara owners now. Hence, there are more people biased for Strada.
    your first sentence is a well known fact, we can stipulate on that. however, your conclusion may not be true... greater number of owners, per se, does not entail that the vehicle is good and they are biased. but numerous owners WHO LOVE their rides clearly speaks for the quality of the vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I'd like to say, instead of biased, there is significant product confidence in the strada hence the reason strada owners have grown in number. Is there product confidence in the consumer market for the navara? This we have to see by the end of the year. In this aspect, the strada had already proven itself. And in my opinion, will again prove itself this year.
    Last edited by ooba99; April 10th, 2008 at 12:41 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Strada or Navarra