New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    driving an M/T compact SUV is not that hard in bumper traffic

but driving an M/T diesel SUV or pickup or even gasoline big cars, now that's parusa to the max.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    but driving an M/T diesel SUV or pickup or even gasoline big cars, now that's parusa to the max.
    More so if the road is bumper to bumper traffic and goes uphill and then downhill so often like in San Juan area, or Baguio's streets for that matter.

Parallel parking will also be a bitch on those kinds of streets when you are using M/T big, big and bigger cars. Only a masochist would enjoy parking like that.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    For me No doubt I'd rather get the CRV We did a Test Drive between TUCSON and CRV, I 'd Go for CRV

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gsooohh View Post
    Thank you all for responding! At least now I'm only down to 2 choices..hay
    CRV and Subaru...although I got scared about pup2 comments.

Which one has a better FC, accelerates faster and has a better resale value???

I'm a big fan of M/T kaya lang grabe na ang traffic so I'm really considering and A/T. So I'm a bit concerened about A/T's acceleration.

Oh don't mind me. I was just trying to hoodwink people into not getting a foz. Naka FXT kasi ako and one of the reasons for my getting it is that it's not very common and therefore not nakawin -- see, NOT an elitist, not much anyway. hehehe.

To answer your question, FC will be about even. Acceleration to the foz, and resale to the crv.

I used to drive an MT civic and lack of acceleration was also a top priority for me since it COULD be dangerous if you get impatient. I also had a gen 1 CRV and my passengers complained about the hard ride yet I took my foz on an overnight trip to Vigan and went to a party pa pagbalik.

Conclusion: you get what you pay for. It's up to you what you want to pay though.

Now can I go back to trying to get people not to buy subbies?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    boss Pup2 namimiss ka na namin sa forums. btw, EB tayo sa North after Xmas?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    boss Pup2 namimiss ka na namin sa forums. btw, EB tayo sa North after Xmas?

OO ba. Kelan niyo gusto? Balita ko nag 2-man eb na si pogs at red. hehe.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    OO ba. Kelan niyo gusto? Balita ko nag 2-man eb na si pogs at red. hehe.
    Bulacan ka lang ba sa Holidays? text kita my friend.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gsooohh View Post
    Thank you all for responding! At least now I'm only down to 2 choices..hay
    CRV and Subaru...although I got scared about pup2 comments.

Which one has a better FC, accelerates faster and has a better resale value???

I'm a big fan of M/T kaya lang grabe na ang traffic so I'm really considering and A/T. So I'm a bit concerened about A/T's acceleration.

Gsooohh, I was in a similar situation. Based on the criteria you mentioned above, I believe the CRV is the better choice for you. I recently posted a comparison of the CRV and the Forester in this forum. I hope this helps you. Good luck sa car hunting! Let us know which one you picked. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ps Help CRV 4x2 AT, Tucson CRDi 4x2 AT, Subaru Forester 2.0 AT