New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, the Tucson is actually a decent vehicle... and the only compact crossover on the market with a diesel. And the new facelift introduces subtle changes that make it look upmarket.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    No, no. I have to disagree with Niky this time. Forester is matagtag, has so-so after-sales, even poorer FC, handles like a whale, is the only car here that has a waiting list (I think), and has no freebies nor promotions except an imminent price increase. If I were you I wouldn't even consider it.

pup2...kala ko ba forester choice mo..........for me forester is the best among the rest.......

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the diesel 4 x 2 Tucson had been available 2 years ago, I'd have gotten it for my daily driver.

Value for money features all-around and I think HARI has made good strides in its after-sales service.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dpo kenneth View Post
    pup2...kala ko ba forester choice mo..........for me forester is the best among the rest.......

ah...okay i got it pup2.......oo nga mas maganda CRV,OUTLANDER,TUCSON.......hehehehehheheheh
    ayaw mo talaga tayong dumami sa kalsada ah .....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Either way, he wants to keep the club small... ...elitists!
    shoulda just gotten a MINI if he wants it small..the group that is! :hysterical:

OT: i don't see anything wrong with more fozzies roaming the metro or the country. man, it's not even an exotic car :bwahaha:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    among the 3: i'll choose CRV, then Forester. Tucson never crossed mind
    I will also chose the CRV in this comparo among gas-fed CUVs. Looks good outside, feel nice inside, and drives wonderfully.

If I will choose a diesel CUV, the Tucson will get my vote ahead of the Sportage (although mechanically similar, the Tucson has a more attractive shell).

From a practical standpoint, the Forester may not be good vehicle for long term ownership esp. if you live outside Metro Manila.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    CRV is my choice based on the considerations you mentioned (FC, Ride, after sales service).

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    No, no. I have to disagree with Niky this time. Forester is matagtag, has so-so after-sales, even poorer FC, handles like a whale, is the only car here that has a waiting list (I think), and has no freebies nor promotions except an imminent price increase. If I were you I wouldn't even consider it.

ayus ha?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thank you all for responding! At least now I'm only down to 2 choices..hay
    CRV and Subaru...although I got scared about pup2 comments.

Which one has a better FC, accelerates faster and has a better resale value???

I'm a big fan of M/T kaya lang grabe na ang traffic so I'm really considering and A/T. So I'm a bit concerened about A/T's acceleration.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pup2 was just pulling your leg... we think.

An AT is definitely easier to drive, but definitely thirstier for gasoline. A manual transmission will save you money at the pumps.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Ps Help CRV 4x2 AT, Tucson CRDi 4x2 AT, Subaru Forester 2.0 AT