May 2010
    Touareg?

From your choices sa Volvo XC60 ako.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    If youre willing to wait and probably max your P5M limit

No idea on pricing but it will cost more than the P4.08M Q5
    I doubt it'll cost less than an Evoque. So wala na rin yan Remember, a Boxster costs at Php7m. I don't see Porsche Philippines releasing a SUV (which is a more practical purchase) at prices lower than those.

*Doc
    I see I see.. dang, pano ka nabuhay sa Metro Manila na walang drayber. Gawin mo nalang practical -- Prado nalang

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Bro, no offense but not all people who buy premium vehicles doesn't care about these things. Money is still money and if I can save up a bit then much better. But that doesn't mean one couldn't afford to own any of these vehicles.
    totally understand, just wanted to make it clear. anyway just so you know the more expensive the car is the more expensive it is to own. all the cars on your list are already expensive to maintain so cheap maintenance is out of the question, the only difference will be the FC and the Q5 will have the best FC but the difference won't be that big.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I doubt it'll cost less than an Evoque. So wala na rin yan Remember, a Boxster costs at Php7m. I don't see Porsche Philippines releasing a SUV (which is a more practical purchase) at prices lower than those.

*Doc
    I see I see.. dang, pano ka nabuhay sa Metro Manila na walang drayber. Gawin mo nalang practical -- Prado nalang
    Their pricing is a bit tricky because both the base panamera and the base cayenne are around 6.2-6.8M, I cant see them pricing it too near those two. Im not so sure, it appears the cayman and the boxster are more expensive than they should be due to tax reasons. The Q5 starts at 32K UK whilst the Macan is predicted at 36K Uk, not a giant price difference.
    Id rather get a Macan than an Evoque as a daily (German reliability is superior to British/Indian reliability

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is the VW Toureg out locally already?

Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    *jhnkvn, allergic ako sa drivers due to the horror stories I have heard, baka maisahan ako, hahaha.

Seriously though, knowing my wife, she would be against big SUVs, ang tawag nga niya sa kanila ay space-occupying lesions, hehe. Checked out the Evoque price, 5.35M pala. To be honest, I'm not keen on spending above 5M on a vehicle unless si Napoles ako, haha.
    Mas big time si Doc BJ kay Napoles... Mas matangkad ng mga 1ft siguro

OT: Where do you practice now? I couldn't even imagine how you use to bring your A31 to PGH and Bulacan before and still keep it looking great whenever i see it.

When i was leaving Glorietta last night, the black GLK was indeed tantalizing. Sarap ng problema ni Doc actually... busting his brain on what CUV to get. :D

Buti pa si misis ko, clear ang instructions sa akin na Mini Cooper ang gusto niya. Problema ko nalang yung pambili. :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Buti pa si misis ko, clear ang instructions sa akin na Mini Cooper ang gusto niya. Problema ko nalang yung pambili. :D
    OT: Hehe si misis yan din ang trip. May matching kwento pa na napapaginipan daw niya na nagd-drive siya nung JCW na mini haha

BTT: Go for the Merc! Specially at speed, ang ganda ng itsura! And if it's well taken care of you could probably hand it down to your apo sa tuhod haha.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Is the VW Toureg out?

OT: Where do you practice now? I couldn't even imagine how you use to bring your A31 to PGH and Bulacan before and still keep it looking great whenever i see it.

When i was leaving Glorietta last night, the black GLK was indeed tantalizing. Sarap ng problema ni Doc actually... busting his brain on what CUV to get. :D

Palagi ako nasa Handyman buying detailing proucts and I had my car detailed every week then.... Hehe. I remember na pag may dumi, linis agad.

I'm practicing in QC area, but I still make it a point to go to car shows and auto-related events whenever I can, but as a spectator nalang, hehe.

I saw the Touareg sa Philippine website ng VW, and dapat isama siya shortlist ko, hehe.

Mini Cooper ba gusto ni misis? Kayang-kaya ni vinj yan! Ikaw pa, hehe.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    On 2nd thought.... i would get neither of your choices. I had an X3 totl before. The depreciation was horrible. If you look at Second hand Audi Q5s now, their prices are pathetic compared to purchase prices. Yes, those cars exude prestige, but a wise man's money (for that budget) would be on a grey market P3.9M LC200. Thats where my money will go. If you're looking at the Lexus RX.... then the Kodo facelifted CX9 is better value for money and just as sweet to drive with an extra third row. It looks gorgeous.

For the smaller CUVs in your list, the current Forester XT will beat all those cars in terms of pure performance at less than half the price. And its not too shabby interior wise either with similar levels of kit and toys. Im very happy with mine. Your current Santa Fe will surprisingly put a lot of these too shame as well.

Dont get me wrong, I am NOT a brand snob. I like Beemers and Mercs and other teutonic beauties as much as the rest of you do. But for these CUVs there are better choices out there.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    On 2nd thought.... i would get neither of your choices. I had an X3 totl before. The depreciation was horrible. If you look at Second hand Audi Q5s now, their prices are pathetic compared to purchase prices. Yes, those cars exude prestige, but a wise man's money (for that budget) would be on a grey market P3.9M LC200. Thats where my money will go. If you're looking at the Lexus RX.... then the Kodo facelifted CX9 is better value for money and just as sweet to drive with an extra third row. It looks gorgeous.

For the smaller CUVs in your list, the current Forester XT will beat all those cars in terms of pure performance at less than half the price. And its not too shabby interior wise either with similar levels of kit and toys. Im very happy with mine. Your current Santa Fe will surprisingly put a lot of these too shame as well.

Dont get me wrong, I am NOT a brand snob. I like Beemers and Mercs and other teutonic beauties as much as the rest of you do. But for these CUVs there are better choices out there.
    Bro, you have a very valid point there. Come to think of it, the prices of 2nd hand premium CUVs are really low compared to their brand new prices... hmm, would it be better then to get a pre-owned one instead?

I also saw an advertisement regarding leasing these vehicles instead of buying it. What are your thoughts on this?

And yes, the LC.... I agree it is the wise man or practical mans choice. Kailangan ko lang talaga ma-convince si misis....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Hence what I said earlier. :D

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Or a pre-owned (dealer certified) Cayenne ......... :D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast