The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Audi ........

Or a pre-owned (dealer certified) Cayenne ......... :D

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *vinj, wow you still have a pic of my beloved A31, hehe. Na-senti tuloy ako....

Anyway, if it were just me, I would go with the LC instead. However, my wife could not and will not drive a big SUV so I have to take that into consideration also. Di lang kasi ako ang gagamit if ever, hehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Audi ........
    Kung may kasamang Anne Curtis yung Audi... Sold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    *vinj, wow you still have a pic of my beloved A31, hehe. Na-senti tuloy ako....

Anyway, if it were just me, I would go with the LC instead. However, my wife could not and will not drive a big SUV so I have to take that into consideration also. Di lang kasi ako ang gagamit if ever, hehe.
    OT: Sayang talaga. When you told me you were selling your A31, i just purchase a car a few weeks before (and i hated that car which i bought). That was a really well-built A31.

BTT: Have you taken the wife for the dealership rounds already? If you head to Lexus (hindi yung sa Q. Ave dati ha ), maybe i can refer you to my cousin.

Another thing to consider is how long you'll keep the SUV. Kung pangmatagalan, there are some brands/designs that seem to age better (now why does MB and Range Rover continue to enter my mind... hehe).
    Last edited by vinj; November 6th, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Among the following:
    1. BMW X3
    2. Audi Q5
    3. Lexus RX350
    4. Volvo XC60
    5. Merc GLK
    Which would you choose in terms of ease and cost of maintenance, features and looks, fuel efficiency, driving dynamics?
    seriously if you're worrying about those then you probably can't really afford to own one right now. no offense but there's a difference between being able to buy one and being able to afford one. i've known a bunch of people who made that mistake and sold their cars a couple of months later because cost of ownership was too high for them.

anyway out of all your choices i'd go with the Q5 not a big fan of the rest. the x3 well it drives well but that's about it, if you can add a million pesos more then go for the evoque which will out perform all the cars on your list and has more features to play with at that.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    seriously if you're worrying about those then you probably can't really afford to own one right now. no offense but there's a difference between being able to buy one and being able to afford one. i've known a bunch of people who made that mistake and sold their cars a couple of months later because cost of ownership was too high for.
    Bro, no offense but not all people who buy premium vehicles doesn't care about these things. Money is still money and if I can save up a bit then much better. But that doesn't mean one couldn't afford to own any of these vehicles.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Bro, no offense but not all people who buy premium vehicles doesn't care about these things. Money is still money and if I can save up a bit then much better. But that doesn't mean one couldn't afford to own any of these vehicles.
    I also share the sentiments. If I'll be shopping for a premium CUV, I'll still throw in fuel efficiency. At the very best, it'll stop people from recommending me V8 cylinder monsters with 6 liters of displacement. Cost and ease of maintenance is always tied naman to part availability.. but unfortunately for you you're officially limited to the CASA. If not, you'll be visiting aftermarket shops which specializes in them -- for Lexus, they share many Toyota parts (viva!) but for German automakers, you'll be looking at European specialty shops like Euromotors in Banawe.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reliability is also very important for a premium SUV
    I mean all of these are available brand new with a warranty, but whats the point of it if when warranty claims take long to be addressed due to a lack of stocked parts and expertise
    if something goes wrong in a honda/toyota/kia, its easy for to casa to fix warranty claims because parts are well stocked

People usually buy these SUVs as daily drivers
    If it was my choice I'd get the Lexus or the BMW
    Audis are meant for the new rich, something about the proportions of the GLK look wrong, the XC60 is ok but im not a housewife

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hmm.. I find the GLK pretty handsome for its class

Actually, among the choices, my top picks will be the GLK and the RX350. Unless you wanna pony up the extra for the Evoque, I'll still get the GLK first and foremost as it's a pointed star... and the RX350 because of practicality. Truth be told, I'm not fond of the RX350's center console. I've ridden in both after all and I think I still have the number of a Lexus' salesperson (who's quite pretty too) pero ayaw ko lang ipublish since baka cousin ni vinj mabuking pa ako..

Unfortunately, brand-new Range Rovers will be twice of your budget so that's out of the question unless you're willing to stretch it that big.

But if it was me with the amount of money (and trying to align with your goals), I'll purchase a LC200 nalang. If the wifey doesn't like to drive the big ones then the solution is quite simple -- get a driver. Not only will she appreciate it over the long run but you're also happy because you want one. Maintenance costs (and fuel costs) alone can compensate for the driver's wages unless your idea of a driver is a chauffeur in uniform ala Rolls Royce drivers. Because at the end of the day, space is always at a premium. If it isn't, long-wheelbase versions of S-class'es won't be outselling their regulars.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; November 6th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *jhnkvn, allergic ako sa drivers due to the horror stories I have heard, baka maisahan ako, hahaha.

Seriously though, knowing my wife, she would be against big SUVs, ang tawag nga niya sa kanila ay space-occupying lesions, hehe. Checked out the Evoque price, 5.35M pala. To be honest, I'm not keen on spending above 5M on a vehicle unless si Napoles ako, haha.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    If youre willing to wait and probably max your P5M limit

No idea on pricing but it will cost more than the P4.08M Q5

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast