eto impt for so hoping you can share your inputs to the following cars
    1. fuel economy
    2. comfort
    3. rear aircon
    4. safety
    5. passenger comfort
    6. space
    7. value for money

*most of the time it will be driven by driver, i will only drive it siguro week nights (2-3x per week)

candidates and some comments
    1. Forester- which to get? top of the line? looks sporty, entry level model looks boring. the top of the line has the best interior. premium kasi
    2. Rav4- feels big inside pero parang pricey, dunno about fuel econmoy, inside looks cheap
    3. CRV- heard made in thailand daw so some advise me not to get it. pero looks ok. pero tagal na din ng thailand flood. cheapest sa lahat and i like the cargo. pero sa family hate nila ang looks ng CRV.
    4. fj cruiser- 1.7M abot naman sa budget pero phaseout na
    5. Santa Fe- very spacious pero ayaw ng dad ko korean. some told me the unreliablitiy of Korean cars after a long time. under chassis are weaker. long run better of with japanese. is this true? we dont sell cars kaagad kasi. we have almost 10 year old cars at home

thank you for the inputs.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcrunch View Post
    after numerous delays, we are going to finally to buy an SUV

eto impt for so hoping you can share your inputs to the following cars
    1. fuel economy
    2. comfort
    3. rear aircon
    4. safety
    5. passenger comfort
    6. space
    7. value for money

*most of the time it will be driven by driver, i will only drive it siguro week nights (2-3x per week)

candidates and some comments
    1. Forester- which to get? top of the line? looks sporty, entry level model looks boring. the top of the line has the best interior. premium kasi
    2. Rav4- feels big inside pero parang pricey, dunno about fuel econmoy, inside looks cheap
    3. CRV- heard made in thailand daw so some advise me not to get it. pero looks ok. pero tagal na din ng thailand flood. cheapest sa lahat and i like the cargo. pero sa family hate nila ang looks ng CRV.
    4. fj cruiser- 1.7M abot naman sa budget pero phaseout na
    5. Santa Fe- very spacious pero ayaw ng dad ko korean. some told me the unreliablitiy of Korean cars after a long time. under chassis are weaker. long run better of with japanese. is this true? we dont sell cars kaagad kasi. we have almost 10 year old cars at home

thank you for the inputs.
    As a buyer, I'm quite.. let's say.. sensitive to pricing. Although some people tend to extend their budgets, some doesn't.

What I suggest as a first pick is the Honda CRV. It will be supremely comfortable in getting your family from point A to point B with minimal fuss. A lot of parts are shared with their Honda siblings so you wouldn't worry about waiting for months in case of a major accident. Your checklist? It ticks all of it.

Sa totoo lang, you might want to reconsider your "SUV" needs. I think a Toyota Hiace would fit squarely within your needs. It has tons of space... want proof? You don't see BangBus picking up people in SUVs.. it's always a van.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; November 10th, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    we have a hiace na sir. thanks for the input din.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You will either go Santa Fe or Sorento for something bigger if you want a unibody midsize utility vehicle. For the ladder-frame midsize, you have the MonteroSport, Fortuner, Everest, or Trailblazer. The Forester, CX5, CRV, and RAV4 are all compact utility vehicles (CUV) and only has seating for 5 people.

If you don't need the space to seat 7 people, then a CUV of your choice will do.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    You will either go Santa Fe or Sorento for something bigger if you want a unibody midsize utility vehicle. For the ladder-frame midsize, you have the MonteroSport, Fortuner, Everest, or Trailblazer. The Forester, CX5, CRV, and RAV4 are all compact utility vehicles (CUV) and only has seating for 5 people.

If you don't need the space to seat 7 people, then a CUV of your choice will do.
    so mali pala category ko. so CUV lang. ayaw namin ng montero sport fortuner, trailbazer and everest

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Dami options sa CUV - Forester, CRV, CX5, RAV4, Tucson, Sportage, Xtrail, Escape.

The Forester was just voted the best one in this class. The CX5 wins in fuel economy in this class.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i'd go with forester xt or cx-5 awd. slash of the fj cruiser on your list because of your criteria, goes to show that people really have no idea what this car is.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    If it were my list, I would add the Peugeot 3008. Although it might be slightly higher than some of your choices, it has most on what you want on your checklist.

It might not be comparable with Japanese or Korean choices, its a step higher if you ask me, a little more affordable than getting other european brands.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ang hirap mag recomenda kay TS

land cruiser baka pwede mo ng pag tyagaan TS ...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    i will go between TOTL forester or the satafe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast