New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd suggest the Brio. Especially since mostly highway driving is involved. I remember reading a review that says it runs 100km/h at just around 2000rpm, compared to around 3000rpm for 3 cylinders and even some lesser 4 cylinder engines in the competition. The extra power is a good thing to have. If you have the budget, I don't think you should settle for anything less.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    yes that is true. my m/t mirage is at 3K rpm.
    but i heard na yung mga cvt mirage is hovering just above 2K rpm at 100kph.

if issue ang 3 cylinders, then the swift is a much better option over brio imho.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by joey_ed27 View Post
    Mirage would sit nice in your garage with that Monty beside it. Alteast you only talk with one dealer during PMS.

The wigo however maybe outselling the mirage since its launch. Frankly i like the mirage looks better.
    my wigo sits nice in my garage, beside my innova. para silang mag-ama.. seriously!
    meron lang ngang kabute sa ilalim ng wigo.. wala pa kasing plaka.. wouldn't want to chance it..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I am considiring sa brio is mas malapad sya kumpara sa mirage at wigo.sa lakas ng hangin sa startoll going to slex via actex eh maganda na may laban kung sakali.just my opinion...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
    I am considiring sa brio is mas malapad sya kumpara sa mirage at wigo.sa lakas ng hangin sa startoll going to slex via actex eh maganda na may laban kung sakali.just my opinion...
    Kahit naman Vios prone pa rin sa highway crosswinds. If you want a stable highway drive, dapat compact car (Altis, Civic). Anything less just suffers from crosswinds because of the car's skinny profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    pareho kami situation ni TS. last year around april i was asked by a friend (used to work for honda) to wait for the brio, i was advised by my officemate naman to wait for the 1.2l swift, before making my decision. long story short i still ended up getting the swift, AT na nga lang instead of MT; kakaintay ng better options kasi

reco ko is in this order
    swift
    swift dzire
    mirage
    brio (turn off ako dun sa part na konting lubak lang * 40kph, pumapalo yung steering )
    di ko nagustuhan interior ng wigo talaga, sa laki kasi ng paa ko sabay ko naaapakan ang gas and breaks (matic lang yung nasa showroom)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    my input...

1. Mirage GLS fully featured but not opted by TS. 673k
    - longer wheelbase.
    - bigger trunk space.
    - higher ground clearance.
    - more fuel efficient.
    - split rear folding seats....more space
    - 15x5 wheels
    - gps navigation
    - side impact beams

2. Honda Brio S AT cheaper than above. 650k, nothing of the above.
    10. Mirage glx.... 14x4.5 tires(scary lol) no ABS, no EBD, no stabilizer bar(front)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *stockengine,thanks for the good comparison between those cars.
    Nabigyan ako today ng pagkakataong itest drive ang gls mirage along casa premises nga lang.ok naman sa pakiramdam medyo kabado nga lang baka maisabit.hehehe...

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi Obsessed, I was in the same shoe last year. I was also looking for a second car that I can use for the regular home-office-home route. It took me 2-3 months of research, lurking and test driving before I finally decided to get a Mirage GLS/MT. Never regretted my choice..

Things I considered before the purchase:

1. Aesthetics - This was actually my top priority (yes, I know I'm shallow haha). If I'm gonna drive a small car, might as well be a small "pogi" car. After almost a year using my Mirage, hindi pa din ako nagsasawa sa itsura nya. I only had to change the mags and tires into wider and "sportier" ones. ;)

2. Fuel Efficiency - I think this is one of Mirage's main selling point. 'Nuff said :P

3. Power - Its 1.2 engine is superior compared to 1.0 of my other choices at that time. I'm usually a "spirited" driver, and i swift through SLEX every day. From 0-2K RPM is average, but the fun starts once you go beyond 2k RPM.

4. Handling - This is the lightest steering wheel I've ever driven. And the clutch (I chose MT since my other vehicle is already an AT, I like variety), is the softest I've driven. It's true when people say Mirage is fun to drive. Does not give much stress even in heavy traffic.

5. Tech - Not really a big deal. But for its price, it kinda adds a premium feel while driving.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    I had the same dilemma as TS around mid-last year. I was choosing between several hatchbacks: Mirage, Wigo, and Picanto (the Swift and Brio hadn't been released yet) and a certain automotive magazine recommended the Mirage because it fit my needs perfectly. I almost chose the Wigo because I was enticed by the tech at such a low price.

Bottom line: I waited a bit longer, heard that Suzuki was releasing a Swift model that fit into my budget and since I had been eyeing that hatch for years, bought it with no more hesitation.

Just choose something you'd be happy and proud to own

10. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kai s. View Post
    I had the same dilemma as TS around mid-last year. I was choosing between several hatchbacks: Mirage, Wigo, and Picanto (the Swift and Brio hadn't been released yet) and a certain automotive magazine recommended the Mirage because it fit my needs perfectly. I almost chose the Wigo because I was enticed by the tech at such a low price.

Bottom line: I waited a bit longer, heard that Suzuki was releasing a Swift model that fit into my budget and since I had been eyeing that hatch for years, bought it with no more hesitation.

Just choose something you'd be happy and proud to own
    We want swift also. Posible end of this year kami kukuha. Parang proud kami na e own si swift.. Yes, maliit siya pero andun yung sporty plus luxury. Specially pag puti then black glass.. Haha..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast