New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Apparently a lot of people (your mechanic included) still think that 3-cylinder engines are inherently inferior to 4-cylinder engines, even if displacement and power/torque outputs are equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    i could easily go 18km/l on highway driving on mirage... (80 to 120kph *3-3.5krpm)
    the thing with 3 cylinders, it is best for city driving but is also capable on highway
    driving. if you are going to haul people and things with it, then go for 4 bangers. if mostly alone, 3 bangers are alright.

if you are willing to shell out money on brio, maybe, you should also consider suzuki swift, toyota yaris, mazda 2 just for the sake of comparing.
    Thanks for your input,sir...we're still reconsidiring the mirage.totl of mirage is just the starting price of brio and this is what we are really thinking.
    ahaha...im just looking for a 2nd car that i can used on daily basis.a reliable, low maintenance and esp the consumptions.budget is still the problem thats why im seeking help.hehehe...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    we have the same problem pero ang nasa top requirement ko is reliability so i am leaning more on jimny kaya lang kahit 2nd hand mahal e, so nag iisip din ako kung mirage or wigo
    good luck!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you're on a budget and are looking for a cheap but well-packaged and fuel efficient car, the Mirage is your best bet.

It's the most efficient gas-fed automatic car in the market right now, and is the only one in its class with high-end features such as push button ignition, Bluetooth, GPS, leather steering wheel with audio controls, automatic climate control, and so on.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Hi, would you recall hw much km/l it did during the eco run? Thanks.
    Sorry I can't recall the exact figures but probably Sir Niky would know? It was the article where the Swift 1.4AT were being compared against the Chevy Cruze Diesel, Benz C-Class Bluetec(?) and the Prius. The Prius came out first but it was a close match against the Swift. The Cruze and Benz were a bit far behind. I think the Prius hovered around the 14 to 16kms/liter area. What I liked about the review was that it was real-world driving, no hypermiling methods applied.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    I'd vote for Mirage.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you're on a budget and are looking for a cheap but well-packaged and fuel efficient car, the Mirage is your best bet.

It's the most efficient gas-fed automatic car in the market right now, and is the only one in its class with high-end features such as push button ignition, Bluetooth, GPS, leather steering wheel with audio controls, automatic climate control, and so on.

The Mirage is really efficient whether its the manual or CVT. Power is also adequate and vibrations are quite controlled
    for a 3-cylinder. Much much better NVH vs. the Wigo. It has high-end features but on daily use, I find some of it quite
    annoying.
    - Smart Entry system isn't very smart
    - There's an exterior trunk release button but when you open it without unlocking the doors first, the car will alarm
    - Locking/unlocking the car makes a loud irritating chirp (reminds me of old school alarm systems)
    - Audio/Navi system isn't really that nice to use and sound quality is terrible
    - Automatic climate control doesn't seem to be "automatic" even if I set it on automatic mode, fan speed does not seem
    to change unless I change the temp. But it sure does look nice vs. normal knobs

At the end of the day I'd still get the Mirage vs. Wigo. If I had the extra budget, I'd also consider the Brio

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    based on my experience a smaller engine can consume more fuel than bigger engine ones.
    why? because you need for it to go full throttle to attain your required and desired highway speed.
    its not because of the number of cylinders or the displacement of the engine.

classic example: i average around 12-13 kpl in my 1.6 MT altis, but around 10 kpl in my getz.
    but, i only average around 9 kpl in my altis in city driving, but around 11 in my getz.

but the advantage of smaller displacement engines is that it is very suitable for city driving.

btt, i prefer the mirage.... more toys.... second choice would be the wigo....
    Last edited by 1D4LV; January 12th, 2015 at 11:49 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    may 2nd hand na bang brio?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Halos walang bumibili ng Brio so mukhang matagal pa bago magkaron sa secondhand market.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast