New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    I really love these kinds of scenes (having a new car, even if its a second hand), especially for those who had it as their first car. I usually accompany my friends and relatives when buying their cars and their reaction of having them is always priceless! It always felt so good seeing their reactions
    Masaya nga yan. We sold our 2011 Vios to the senior SG of my wife's bank branch. The whole family was there during the turnover. Laki ng mga ngiti! Lakwatsa agad! We still see that car every now and then and it's fully dressed up according to their taste, well maintained, and fully insured. Kakatuwa

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Masaya nga yan. We sold our 2011 Vios to the senior SG of my wife's bank branch. The whole family was there during the turnover. Laki ng mga ngiti! Lakwatsa agad! We still see that car every now and then and it's fully dressed up according to their taste, well maintained, and fully insured. Kakatuwa
    coming from you,
    that car must have been a pampered one.

errr,
    meron ka pa bang binebenta?
    heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    coming from you,
    that car must have been a pampered one.

errr,
    meron ka pa bang binebenta?
    heh heh.
    Low mileage? Yes. Pampered? Just enough. We did have the AC refreshed a few months before he got it and it's still ice cold daw until now.

Binebenta? Wala pa. I'm still paying for one and enjoying the fully paid one

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Thanks for all the inputs. nakabili na bayaw ko. 2017 accent 1.4 gas manual 6sp.

fresh and decent naman in and out. 29000kms. best of all depreciated na. 285k. bank repo however we found out mahirap pala mag bid. yung mga fast selling lots nahaharang so to speak. so sa tao na nabili. only issue is pundi ang dome light and nawawala ang spare tire lock. di ko pa na try i-drive.

almera the decent ones do not go below 300k. crossed out the mirage and almera 1.2 as consensus underpowered for all but city driving.
    Attachment 40292

may mas bagong accent model 2018 i think. iba head light tail lights pati dashboard. mukhang mas pogi. would have been nice to have kaso those go 330k pataas pa.

saan bangko nakabili?

Wala ba mga nahatak na nilalagyan daw asin makina / fuel tank?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    saan bangko nakabili?

Wala ba mga nahatak na nilalagyan daw asin makina / fuel tank?
    east west galing. pero sa tao nabili.

hindi ba buhangin yung nilalagay noon? kung asin baka matunaw lang yun

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    paano sa tao nabili? Paano kayo naiconnext sa nakabili?

yan sinabi sa akin meron daw asin hinahalo para longterm kalawang.

dati may naencounter ako townhouse 10years ago foreclosed ng bangko. Pag check ko sa loob sira-sira kisame. Yung dati may-ari iniwan open gripo sa top floor bago umalis bahay. Hindi na makabayad utang nanira pa.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    ^
    paano sa tao nabili? Paano kayo naiconnext sa nakabili?

yan sinabi sa akin meron daw asin hinahalo para longterm kalawang.

dati may naencounter ako townhouse 10years ago foreclosed ng bangko. Pag check ko sa loob sira-sira kisame. Yung dati may-ari iniwan open gripo sa top floor bago umalis bahay. Hindi na makabayad utang nanira pa.
    bro yung tao nabilihan namin ang may connection sa bangko. wala pa yun bid deadline kaya daw nila "palabasin" yun auto..whatever that means.

heard the same story but yung version is buhangin sa gas tank. well it's up to you as the buyer if you want to assume that risk but syempre you should exercise all due diligence beforehand.

saka whenever bibili ka ng pre owned di ba halos lagi first step palit lahat ng fluids?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    bro yung tao nabilihan namin ang may connection sa bangko. wala pa yun bid deadline kaya daw nila "palabasin" yun auto..whatever that means.

heard the same story but yung version is buhangin sa gas tank. well it's up to you as the buyer if you want to assume that risk but syempre you should exercise all due diligence beforehand.

saka whenever bibili ka ng pre owned di ba halos lagi first step palit lahat ng fluids?
    friends of banks, favored entities, and bank personnel, are rumored to have first dibbs on repossessed items.
    sabi nung isa, "latak na lang yang mga bini-bid".
    but this not to say, these remaining items are bad or defective items.
    still, it pays to examine the goods up for bid.

and since these banks are private institutions,
    they are not bound by certain rules binding to government institutions.

wilful sabotage by soon-to-be-ex-owners?
    i dunno...
    i have faith kasi on our fellowmen, sometimes.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 23rd, 2021 at 07:38 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    friends of banks, favored entities, and bank personnel, are rumored to have first dibbs on repossessed items.
    sabi nung isa, "latak na lang yang mga bini-bid".
    but this not to say, these remaining items are bad or defective items.
    still, it pays to examine the goods up for bid.

and since these banks are private institutions,
    they are not bound by certain rules binding to government institutions.

wilful sabotage by soon-to-be-ex-owners?
    i dunno...
    i have faith kasi on our fellowmen, sometimes.
    This is so true, employees of said banks have their dummies (para hindi masabi na may vested interest sila) who does buy and sell, so the ones they are not interested in (usually mga latak na) ang pinapa bid sa public. nalang. I know of a couple of buy and sell agents na ang capitalista nila ang mga said bank employee (specifically ang mga nasa car loan dept)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    our 2014 wigo is matibay naman.
    our only issue with it was the alternator. yock's replaced the IC at about its fifth year, and the car was good to go.
    but it is matagtag. i am now thinking, perhaps that soft mirage suspension is there for a reason...

... saw the new mirage g4 in the mall.
    "looks good".
    and the cash discounts are attractive.

would anyone have an idea whether this new version has improvements over the so-called ills of the outgoing version?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 26th, 2021 at 11:54 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast