New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    I have a CVT Mirage so it's not from personal experience. However, I used to frequent forums and FB groups ng Mirage and not a week went by na wala akong nababasang post asking for help sa pagpapalit ng clutch cable. It may be the cable's quality or perhaps clutch drivers lang yung mga nasisiraan.

As for the Mirage in general... let's just say I have a slight case of buyer's remorse kaya hindi ko nire-recommend.
    its over priced imo.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    I have a CVT Mirage so it's not from personal experience. However, I used to frequent forums and FB groups ng Mirage and not a week went by na wala akong nababasang post asking for help sa pagpapalit ng clutch cable. It may be the cable's quality or perhaps clutch drivers lang yung mga nasisiraan.

As for the Mirage in general... let's just say I have a slight case of buyer's remorse kaya hindi ko nire-recommend.
    We have a 2013 hb cvt,so far,wala naman masyadong problema

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

googling,
    replacing the mirage clutch cable seems easy and straightforward enough.
    replacing my innova's parking light bulb seems more difficult. heh heh.
    all it needs is the willingness to have one's arms dirtied.
    and the part seems reasonably cheap naman... about a thousand bucks.
    but i am wondering, bakit madalas ma-putol? in the video i viewed, the guy says his lasted 3 years...

may i inquire, what is remorseful in the car, that you do not like?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 8th, 2021 at 07:28 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    New Almera with the Jatco CVT? Oh God no...

Kung manual tranny pwede naman...
    CMIIW but I think the Mirage also has a Jatco CVT.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for all the inputs. nakabili na bayaw ko. 2017 accent 1.4 gas manual 6sp.

fresh and decent naman in and out. 29000kms. best of all depreciated na. 285k. bank repo however we found out mahirap pala mag bid. yung mga fast selling lots nahaharang so to speak. so sa tao na nabili. only issue is pundi ang dome light and nawawala ang spare tire lock. di ko pa na try i-drive.

almera the decent ones do not go below 300k. crossed out the mirage and almera 1.2 as consensus underpowered for all but city driving.
    received_765309154433952.jpg

may mas bagong accent model 2018 i think. iba head light tail lights pati dashboard. mukhang mas pogi. would have been nice to have kaso those go 330k pataas pa.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Thanks for all the inputs. nakabili na bayaw ko. 2017 accent 1.4 gas manual 6sp.

fresh and decent naman in and out. 29000kms. best of all depreciated na. 285k. bank repo however we found out mahirap pala mag bid. yung mga fast selling lots nahaharang so to speak. so sa tao na nabili. only issue is pundi ang dome light and nawawala ang spare tire lock. di ko pa na try i-drive.

almera the decent ones do not go below 300k. crossed out the mirage and almera 1.2 as consensus underpowered for all but city driving.
    received_765309154433952.jpg

may mas bagong accent model 2018 i think. iba head light tail lights pati dashboard. mukhang mas pogi. would have been nice to have kaso those go 330k pataas pa.
    that's great!
    regale us with your driving experience, po.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    that's great!
    regale us with your driving experience, po.
    thanks sige Doc i will. mag kikita naman kami sa pasko. nahihiya ako testingin nung nakuha nung bayaw ko. tuwang tuwa mag-anak niya ayun deretso sa SM dasma sila nung nakuha nung linggo maski traffic at siksikan ang tao. hehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanks sige Doc i will. mag kikita naman kami sa pasko. nahihiya ako testingin nung nakuha nung bayaw ko. tuwang tuwa mag-anak niya ayun deretso sa SM dasma sila nung nakuha nung linggo maski traffic at siksikan ang tao. hehe
    dati-rati,
    "testing" the new car acquisition consisted of long drive to the province.
    nowadays, it's drive to the mall, purchase capitalist goods, and test the rear trunk capabilities of the new ride.
    hey! it beats falling in queue for a taxi.
    heh heh.

btw,
    molopisya parking building new policy: pay for parking at designated payment booth, and not at the parking exit.
    i pay mine upon arrival, as i enter the escalavator area.
    that way, i won't have to fall in line later, when i leave.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 22nd, 2021 at 10:17 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I really love these kinds of scenes (having a new car, even if its a second hand), especially for those who had it as their first car. I usually accompany my friends and relatives when buying their cars and their reaction of having them is always priceless! It always felt so good seeing their reactions

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    I really love these kinds of scenes (having a new car, even if its a second hand), especially for those who had it as their first car. I usually accompany my friends and relatives when buying their cars and their reaction of having them is always priceless! It always felt so good seeing their reactions
    the most i do is chime in my 98 centavos' worth, then leave the decision to them.
    kung mamalasin kasi, kapag na-flat-tire siya a year later, baka ako pa ang sisihin.
    heh heh.
    hyperbole.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast