New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just search for faulty airbags and Mazda3 (it's quite a few months back).

The gist of the argument is: front airbags only go off in a full frontal collision wherein the car hits a wall directly. In 90% of accidents, where you hit another car at an offset, hit a post, hit a car or wall at an angle (the majority of accidents are like this, as you usually try to avoid the wall), frontal airbags will not activate.

Furthermore, frontal airbags are supplementary, thus, they alone will not protect you from injury. They may also cause suffocation or broken necks in shorter passengers. Our current passenger side airbags are now being phased out in the US in favor of airbags that do not go off if a passenger is small, short or light.

There used to be an issue, actually, of airbags being able to break the necks of seatbelted passengers because they were made strong enough to catch un-seatbelted passengers. I believe this has been corrected already, though.

Thus, the most important thing is that a car's seatbelts are effective and that the crumple zones work.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    niky,
    thanks so much for that enlightening post. Will definitely check out the seatbelt and crumple zone specs of the new city....

more power to you !!!!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by myl10 View Post
    I plan to buy a new car next month. Hindi ko lang mapili kung ano ang mas magandang bilhin. City na 1.3 m/t o vios E? please help me to choose, para sa akin kasi pareho silang maganda. Can you give me an idea on this matter... t.y.
    Mas maganda yung vios kaysa city dahil magaan i maneho at fuel efficient.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Design-wise, its quite subjective. I like both.

But the City does have things that the Vios does not have. Like the EPS - (Electric Power Steering), which saps less power from the engine ; U.L.T. versatile seat - for flexible cargo carrying ; decent instrumental panel - the Vios' all digital instrumental panel looks like a PC from the '80s complete with green hue. Available CVT or automatic transmission on 1.3 li variants, while the Vios has a non CVT automatic transmission available only on its top the line 1.5li variant. Even comparing the base models of both vehicles, the City has factory power windows and mirrors as standard, while Vios has manual roll-up windows and outside adjustable mirrors.
    Last edited by number001; December 2nd, 2006 at 04:54 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    IMHO,, why dont you look into other choices or alternatives

the vios would do, but if you do not want the vios,then get the AVEO SEDAN

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    VIOS for me in terms of design (although puro VIOS VIOS VIOS nlng ang nakikita ko sa daan) Yung City kasi parang punggok ang hitsura.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
"NEW" City S vs Vios E