New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I plan to buy a new car next month. Hindi ko lang mapili kung ano ang mas magandang bilhin. City na 1.3 m/t o vios E? please help me to choose, para sa akin kasi pareho silang maganda. Can you give me an idea on this matter... t.y.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    wats the question po?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Vios na lang. Hindi jologs itsura tapos mas sporty pa manehuhin. City mas ok lang pag madalas may mga sakay ka.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    if ur gonna choose between the two, i wud chose the city a/t... very advanced transmission, the cvt being used by european cars tsaka meron name ang honda tapos hndi ginagwang taxi... unlike the vios...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    if its your first car sa City ako, spacious interior , kung 2nd car vios...

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead
    if ur gonna choose between the two, i wud chose the city a/t... very advanced transmission, the cvt being used by european cars tsaka meron name ang honda tapos hndi ginagwang taxi... unlike the vios...
    ano ba talaga ang problema pag ginagawang taxi???

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    wala sya problema

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by A121
    if its your first car sa City ako, spacious interior , kung 2nd car vios...

ano ba talaga ang problema pag ginagawang taxi???

hehe ... sa akin wala po. oks nga sa akin na kahit commute ako, parang sa kotse ko pa din ako nakasakay hehehehe ... peace

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    both cars are good but for me, the Vios has a more responsive engine. But if you want a 1.3 engine with an automatic trans, get the City. Vios E is only available in mt. Space? City hands down.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    The City S has power side mirrors while the Vios E has none. The City S has the U.L.T. seats which allows you to gain flexible cargo spaces at the passenger section and trunk extension using various folding configurations.The City S has EPS (Electronica Power Steering).

The Vios E has driver side airbags while the City S has none. The Vios E has TVSS (Toyota Vehicle Security System) while the City S does not have an equivalent system.

Bottomline: If you want utility over style, get the City. If you want to have a tuner-friendly car, get the Vios. If you want to have a good-looking car, then the Vios will suit you well. And I dont mind that they use Vios as Taxis.

Price:
    Vios 1.3 E M/T - PHP 615,000
    City 1.3 S MT - PHP 618,000

Vios review from April'06 of C-Magazine.

Inside: C! Drive

The Vios Way
    By : Tito F. Hermoso

Driving the latest re-fresh of the Vios seemed somewhat familiar. Apart from a clarified set of lamps, mouldings, valence panels, fabrics, carpets and 15” alloy wheels, the Vios is essentially the same car as it has always been. style-wise it is somewhat of a half way house, between the blatantly Euro-appeal toyota Echo and the Japan Domestic model corolla, toyota proves that a best seller need not change as fast as Women's fashion. and why should it? But the familiarity I refer to is of a different sort. It almost feels like my daily driver. those of you familiar with our c! Owned, c! Drive 2 and now 2nd takes section know that I refer to a 1999 honda city 1.3 hyper 16 valve. though a product of thai-asEaN design from as recently as the mid 90's, the latest city makes my old one look far too vintage.

But its driving environment is home turf for me. Instead of the high hip point seating position, championed by French cars and now copied by everyone else, the Vios, like the old City, maintain the cushion to the floor seating. Instead of high window beltlines, a fad established by the Germans, the Vios, has large and deep glass areas, making its all around visibility unmatched by any 21st century design. Even the linear steering feel, instead of the variable ratio trend, is so 90's city. the ride has that just amount of slack that makes for cushioned bump absorption instead of the sharp bang that startles one due to the lightweight [read, thin metal] suspensions of more modern designs.

Even the view out front, central instrument pod notwithstanding, is devoid of any high ledges that make one wish one was taller in order to see over the front hood's corners. I welcome large numeral digital speedo displays where your passengers will have to take your word for it but having grown up with 270° arc dials, I really have a difficult time adjusting to strip type rev counters of the G-class. the Vios may have a rear suspension made of a simple torsion beam axle — great for 90% of the time for 90% of its driving owners — but toyota gives the Vios buyer plenty of usable power even in the basic 1.3 liter. thanks to VVti valve management technology, this and the even more powerful 1.5 liter VVti in the Gspec automatic model is akin to my old city's hyper-valve 16 engines. toyota gives plenty of space inside and in the trunk.

It has also toned down the rather sporty exhaust of the previous Vios, giving one a chance to appreciate the improved insulation's cruising silence. a lot of credit for the new Vios' nicer turn-in feel, supple ride, better wet road adhesion and road noise suppression is due to the new 15- inch Bridgestone rE050, the same tires that impressed me in the new honda city. On the highway, it is quick, though the transmission programming shows its age when it down shifts at high rpm’s from top gear upon reaching even a slight incline. the overdrive lock button should suffice for sporty drivers who want to drive near the red line but for us highway cruisers, O/D should remain in O/D so as to conserve fuel and keep the revs down.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    With the trend fuel prices is going now, every extra kilometer per liter is valuable. And for this reason, my vote goes to City!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
"NEW" City S vs Vios E