New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    vios

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Although I've often touted the amazing fuel economy of the City, the Vios is similarly economical, so that's not much of a reason to pick one over the other.

Personally:

Vios = boyracer car, good looking, easy to dress up, fun to modify. Poor interior space, though, and I absolutely hate the center dash gauges (they're changing this on some Nissan models, putting the gauges back in front of the driver... I hope Toyota follows suit). But the club and modifying scene for the Vios is almost as big as for the Jazz.

City = family car, also fun to drive, but more spacious and better utility. But even with the facelift, it's still a slightly awkward looking car. Power and suspension mods for the Jazz will fit, but cosmetically? You're on your own.

My choice? A Jazz or an Accent. Just kidding... either one will serve as a good car for years to come. It's all down to personal preference.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    In the same C-Magazine review of the Vios are the Vios' fuel consumptions as follows. I dont know about the City but I think their consumption rates are very close.

VIOS 1.3 E
    16.824 KMS/LITER
    TOTAL UNLEADED, HIGHWAY DRIVING, LIGHT TRAFFIC, 4 PASSENGERS

VIOS 1.5 G
    14.40 KMS/LITER
    TOTAL UNLEADED, HIGHWAY DRIVING, MODERATE TRAFFIC, 4 PASSENGERS

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A121
    if its your first car sa City ako, spacious interior , kung 2nd car vios...
    ano ba talaga ang problema pag ginagawang taxi???
    I’m entitled to my opinion right? Some of the people really don’t mind driving cars that are made taxis and such.. (Revo,Innova,FX,Vios etc..) But a few of us really don’ti like ownng cars that are so common in the road, and is being used as public transport. I’m one of them. Peace!

To answer your question, I’d pick a city. The looks? Umm it’ll grow on you haha. Its really fun to drive.. Why not get a jazz?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by resmile
    With the trend fuel prices is going now, every extra kilometer per liter is valuable. And for this reason, my vote goes to City!
    I don't think the fuel mileage discrepancy between a Vios and City is significant. Just because some test saw the City with slightly higher economy than the Vios doesn't make it absolutely more economical overall. In the US, many cars have fuel numbers way different from the EPA ratings. And lastly, you're not comparing something like a guzzling American SUV to a frugal 1.6 Jap.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt
    I’m entitled to my opinion right? Some of the people really don’t mind driving cars that are made taxis and such.. (Revo,Innova,FX,Vios etc..) But a few of us really don’ti like ownng cars that are so common in the road, and is being used as public transport. I’m one of them. Peace!

To answer your question, I’d pick a city. The looks? Umm it’ll grow on you haha. Its really fun to drive.. Why not get a jazz?
    and i am also entitled to my own opinion. i used to be like you. pero naisip ko na mas ok kung mas marami yan o ginawang taxi.

mas maraming backyard mekanikos ang makakaalam ng sistema nyan. mas alam yung sira, mas madaling madiagnose. peace!

going back to the topic, if i were buying a car now i'd get the city a/t, sawa na ako sa manual. pero kung mahilig kang magmaneho get the vios.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    we have the 1.3 E Vios, and this I can attest:
    - very fuel efficient
    - has all the power features except mirrors
    - equipped with TVSS

so if you're into just getting from point A to B, this would really be a nice car without the hassle of gas guzzling....and yes, IMO, mas madaling bihisan ang Vios.

and also, i don't mind seing some taxi units with the same variant as ours, okay lang, i can see no problem...at least it will open another business opps for me, sort of a fallback na pwede ko gawin taxi unit pag sawa na i-drive and get another unit..hehe! its just me!
    Last edited by vhenok; July 30th, 2006 at 12:58 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Honda City 2006 for me. If you want it stock, very formal sha tignan and very spacious sha talaga, napaka comfortable ng loob and the aircon is really really cold even at #1 lang. Maginaw talaga. Pretty unbelievable for a VERY fuel-efficient car.

Ride is very smooth, di nakakapagod dalin.

If you want to dress it up a bit, maganda lagyan ng bigger mags (15"-16"), bigger exhaust pipe finisher and ducktail--ganda na nyan as in. Di na kailangan ng marami pang accessories kasi yan lang 3, solved ka na sa looks department. Nakakita na ko ng ganyang upgrades, ang ganda talaga ng kinalabasan, sana nga nakunan ko.

Ewan ko pero Vios for me is looking old na, just like Altis. Mga 2 years luma na talaga sha tignan, kasi ang style nila parang roundish (parang overturned tub?) which is getting old na at ganun pa din mula't mula nung nilabas nila yung model na yan. Pag sa resale, talo ka dyan kasi kalaban mo ang mga naunang bumili sa yo kse pare pareho kayo ng itsura ng auto pag nagbentahan pero mas mababa price nila samantalang iisa halos itsura nung car nyo halos kahit pa sobrang mas bago yung sa yo ng ilang taon.

At least yung 2006 HONDA CITY, kalalabas lang, bagong bago ang itsura and you will benefit from being one of the first ones this year to have it. The looks will last you at least 3-4 years bago mapapalitan yan.

Opinion ko lang ha-- parang mas futuristic ang looks ng City and sa tingin ko mas matagal maluluma ang itsura nyan kesa sa Vios. Tama sila, the 2006 City grows on you--pag lalo mo nakikita, gumaganda sha lalo na pag naayusan ng konti as mentioned above, maganda sha talaga. I believe yung looks na pinapauso ng Honda ngayon, magiging ganyan ang standard looks ng future sedans sa roads natin.

City 2006 has adjustable steering wheel, adjustable seat height, lots of compartments for documents, beverages, toll card etc. Maganda pa interior at ang laki pa ng space sa likod.

Test drive both and then decide, feel mo mabuti kung san mo nakikita sarili mo--o kaya dagdag ka konti puwede na Civic ---Yan the best hehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Vios tol.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pang city talaga. di ma guhit ang mukha

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
"NEW" City S vs Vios E