New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    isa pa yun suicide doors na yan, the windows doesnt even open. that's a safety issue and risk
    The suicide doors has its own disadvantages and advantages.

I remember that there was one case of car jacking somewhere in Manila and the carjackers abandoned their almost successful plan because of one of the 3 guys do not know how to open the suicide door.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    isa pa yun suicide doors na yan, the windows doesnt even open. that's a safety issue and risk
    Sabi ng SA "feature" yan ng FJ, yang suicide doors na yan.

Hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    how is it a feature, when say may isasakay ka sa harap ng Tektite tower at 6PM rush hour, eh bababa ka pa para lang ma-open yun yun likod na door.. it looks new concept I know, pero pag nagmamadali tapos lagi mo naiisip na pag may sasakay sa likod baba ka, that's a mind toll. pano pa kung umuulan

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    how is it a feature, when say may isasakay ka sa harap ng Tektite tower at 6PM rush hour, eh bababa ka pa para lang ma-open yun yun likod na door.. it looks new concept I know, pero pag nagmamadali tapos lagi mo naiisip na pag may sasakay sa likod baba ka, that's a mind toll. pano pa kung umuulan
    di na kailangan bumaba ang front passenger para lang maiopen yung suicide door. need lang mag tangal ng seat belt.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ride quality of the FJ is not great, but it is better than the Fort or the Jeep, from what I recall.

Interior is obviously not as spacious as a Pajero. And the suicide doors are silly. But since this is a back-up car... puwede pagtiyagaan.

The other bad point: Talagang not fuel efficient. About 4 kml in traffic. 4.0 V6 kasi. Not any worse than any other gasoline V6s, but the Fozzie will get you about 5-6 km/l in the same conditions.

-

But the feeling when driving it... parang Jeep or Land Rover... makes you feel manly. Hehehe. And when going on dates with your lady... dagdag 9,000 pogi points upon arrival. Still a very attractive car, kahit luma.

Plus, again, bulletproof residual values. Three year old, 300k lang ang bawas sa brand new price. In fact, dare you to find one for under 1.2m, whatever the age.

-

Not a perfect car. And if you're a driving enthusiast like me (I like a car that handles well), you'll be going for something like the CX5 diesel or the Forester, but as a "toy" - slash - back-up car, it makes all kinds of sense.

Then consider na puwedeng bilhan ng snorkel at lift for typhoon duty. Hehehe. Even stock, 700mm na wading depth niyan.

-

Yun lang, magastos sa gas. But with 700k in change from your 2.5m...
    Last edited by niky; July 21st, 2017 at 07:44 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    the rear seats of the jeep are not that comfy...plus i asked the SA how much is the maintainance...its 20k per change oil...our xt 1/4 of that price

Subaru Forester PMS is more than 5T(?) ...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Hmm, I think I will consider the FJ. Is the ride comfortable? How are the rear seats?

You also need to consider the not-so-convenient rear doors ...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Kayo naman.....

Dito sa metro manila, FJ is a coffee/dessert car.

Kunyari paguwi nyo galing trabaho.... tapos naisipan nyo mag turtle pie sa coffee bean.... yan ang dinadala.... Kahit isang buwan wala car wash.....lakas arrive...... parting the red sea sa tomas morato..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ang isa pinaka-ayaw ko sa FJ eh the entire bottom of the car are sporting black trims. in USA, it's good like the Jeep Wranglers, di gano madumi environment nila but here those black trims madali mamuti coz of acid rain, and yun mga putik sa daan as well yun mga asphalto na dumidikit. give it 6 months more, yun brand new FJ mo mukang luma coz namumuti yun lahat ng black trims. so hayun stock ka lagi ng Meguiar's Back to Black, and apply weekly. syempre, what's the point of a POGI car as you all claim to be, kung mukhang old CRV first gen na puro black trims ang ilalim sa dumi at washed out.

now regarding the ladies / girls rooting for the FJ, wait till they ride sa passenger side with a so simple dash na ginabitan lang ng AVT touchscreen para magmukang hi-tech, it doesn't even a console box so kung medyo di ka masinop baka pati tissue mo na pinag-sipunan makikita ng girl as well as yun mga alikabok ng car mo say for example di ka gano naglilinis pero nag-shed ang skin mo lagi it becomes dust and very visible sa black plastic interior nya.

and then the seats, for a 1.8M car ni hindi electronic at fabric as well as mas ok pa seats ng Isuzu MUX, I mean asan ang comfort level ng pina-pa-impressan mo.

and then the dash instrument panel. OMG! yun trip meter kamuka ng nga old scientific calculator or cheap casio digital watch na montone display as well as yun mga speedo kinulayan ng puti so early 2000s dashes. and then ni wala man lang steering controls. so basic car.

you're just buying the body design yun lang talaga ang plus factor. but I have two neightbors here, that grill with the Toyota logo on it, ang hirap linisin as well as dirt magnet yan. all contributing to your FJ looking old if not cleaned periodically

so hayun, I'm for specific on those things. that's also one reason why I d choose the MUX or Montero sport over the Fortuner. kasi yun Fort ngaun mga black trims pa sa wheel wells pag namuti yan pangit na yan. same reason, why I didn't go for the current Tucson, grabe ang laki ng black trims sa wheel wells. turn off as in

and the V6 not exactly to aim for. the old Ford Escape offered the V6 in early 2000 baka ganun din lang yan engine since it was first released in 2003 in the US $21T lang daw yan kapresyo ng entry level cRV and RAV4s noon panahon na yun. kaya it's either these people who make it look like the FJ is the car is to be and ni-leave nila mga info na ito. I mean the car has been discontinued in America kasi nga the Americans find it too hard to handle, medyo primitive.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Kayo naman.....

Dito sa metro manila, FJ is a coffee/dessert car.

Kunyari paguwi nyo galing trabaho.... tapos naisipan nyo mag turtle pie sa coffee bean.... yan ang dinadala.... Kahit isang buwan wala car wash.....lakas arrive...... parting the red sea sa tomas morato..
    ..assuming makahanap ka ng mapaparadahan ng land yacht mo..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast