New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I will be replacing my 2014 Ford Everest. My budget is 2.5M max. This will be my alternate vehicle and also will double as a family vehicle. At the moment I am looking at the 2017 Pajero with VGT, Subaru Forester XT, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport and Honda Odyssey.
    My heart is leaning towards the soon to be phased out but iconic Pajero. What do you think guys? Other suggestions are welcome. More HP to all.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO the Forester and the Jeep would be the most fun, depending on your idea of fun.

I personally find the Odyssey rather small and unappealing, especially when the top of the line Carnival is similarly priced.

The Pajero offers the best resale value, good off road capabilities, decent engine performance and 7 seats all in one package. Jack of all trades, master of none?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If performance is a primary consideration, then the Forester XT is the quickest and the most agile among your choices, not to mention the cheapest. For 2.5M, maybe you can consider the Explorer FWD 2.3L Ecoboost or maybe the Outback 3.6 or increase your budget to accommodate the Explorer Sport AWD 3.5L Ecoboost or Mazda CX9 2.5L turbo.

However, if you are looking for a 7-seater, then the Subarus are out of the question as they are only 5-seaters.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    +1 to what egan said.

How long do you intend to keep the car? Thats important as well. I see youre selling your everest after 3 years. If you will replace the car in 3 yrs id go for the Explorer. If you intend to keep it longer than the Pajero or Jeep would be my choice.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I usually change cars at least after 5 years. The reason I'm letting go of the Everest is due to AT problems that I feel would get worse as time goes on. Anyway, I'm not really after so much on performance but a reliable vehicle that would give no problems in at least 5 years.
    Last edited by bjreyesmd; July 21st, 2017 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Wording

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about considering a totally different option? A sport sedan perhaps. If I have something around that budget, I would spoil myself and get a Lexus IS350.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    I usually change cars at least after 5 years. The reason I'm letting go of the Everest is due to AT problems that I feel would get worse as time goes on. Anyway, I'm not really after so much on performance but a reliable vehicle that would give no problems in at least 5 years. Also, should be able to withstand the weather in Metro Manila.
    fortuner.
    bukambibig.

and it'll probably remain bug-free for a long time.

btw, is that the AT coupling sa ilalim? ilan nang ganyan ang narinig ko... but is easy to fix daw..
    Last edited by dr. d; July 21st, 2017 at 11:06 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How about considering a totally different option? A sport sedan perhaps. If I have something around that budget, I would spoil myself and get a Lexus IS350.
    Bro, the IS 350 is my other car 😀

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    fortuner.
    bukambibig.

and it'll probably remain bug-free for a long time.

btw, is that the AT coupling sa ilalim? ilan nang ganyan ang narinig ko... but is easy to fix daw..
    It's worse than that, transmission overhaul ang recommendation ng casa.
    Anyway, the Fortuner at has a long waiting time, around 4 months. Plus, I'm shying away fro ladder frame SUVs at the moment.��

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Bro, the IS 350 is my other car ��
    Lucky you! I guess what you need is an all-around utility vehicle with a good amount of comfort built into it. The Explorer, CX9, Santa Fe, and Pajero are a few options for 7-seaters.

If you just need a 5-seater with enough space and more than decent performance, the Forester XT will be one good bet.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast