New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Yup bro, what I need is an all around utility vehicle. Anyways, wil probably take the Forester out of consideration for the meantime. My wife is currently driving a Honda CRV and I realized the Forester would be my foremost consideration when it's time to replace it, so there's no point in buying it now.

How about the Jeep Wrangler? Is it reliable? The Pajero I know has a good history with regards to reliability.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Yup bro, what I need is an all around utility vehicle. Anyways, wil probably take the Forester out of consideration for the meantime. My wife is currently driving a Honda CRV and I realized the Forester would be my foremost consideration when it's time to replace it, so there's no point in buying it now.

How about the Jeep Wrangler? Is it reliable? The Pajero I know has a good history with regards to reliability.
    the rear seats of the jeep are not that comfy...plus i asked the SA how much is the maintainance...its 20k per change oil...our xt 1/4 of that price

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    the rear seats of the jeep are not that comfy...plus i asked the SA how much is the maintainance...its 20k per change oil...our xt 1/4 of that price

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobileapp
    Thanks for the info bro. Hmm, this makes me think twice about getting the Jeep.

As for the Explorer, I think I'm not yet ready to buy another Ford unless siguro Mustang, hahaha. But kidding aside, I find Ford PMS rather expensive plus I'm not sure about their reliability anymore. Although the Explorer is North American made, I'm still not comfortable.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Buy and sell within five years?

FJ Cruiser.

Sure, it's gimmicky, and it drinks a bit in traffic... 4.0 six cylinder engine... but it has better handling and a better ride than the Jeep, it's got a sturdy LC/Prado underchassis, dependable mechanicals, and INSANE resale value. You won't lose as much money off it in five years (best case scenario, supplies FINALLY dry up this year, and you can sell it for near brand new value then), and if you want to "play" with it in the meantime, there are a ton of dress up mods, power mods and off-road mods available.

Which you can remove and resell when it's time to let go of the vehicle, also.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Buy and sell within five years?

FJ Cruiser.

Sure, it's gimmicky, and it drinks a bit in traffic... 4.0 six cylinder engine... but it has better handling and a better ride than the Jeep, it's got a sturdy LC/Prado underchassis, dependable mechanicals, and INSANE resale value. You won't lose as much money off it in five years (best case scenario, supplies FINALLY dry up this year, and you can sell it for near brand new value then), and if you want to "play" with it in the meantime, there are a ton of dress up mods, power mods and off-road mods available.

Which you can remove and resell when it's time to let go of the vehicle, also.
    Hmm, I think I will consider the FJ. Is the ride comfortable? How are the rear seats? Of course the car will also double as a family vehicle so my kids and a yaya will also get to ride in it. Is it better compared to the Pajero? Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hmm, I think I will consider the FJ. Is the ride comfortable? How are the rear seats? Of course the car will also double as a family vehicle so my kids and a yaya will also get to ride in it. Is it better compared to the Pajero? Thanks!

seats? same as the jeep, cramp inside, ride quality is not as comfy as a crossover...remember those behemoths are built for the off road..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    last week I was gunning for the FJ. after xtensive research, I realized it was an old V6 engine a decade ago which was improved last 2010. so if it's a decade ago, pre financial crisis 2008, then it's certainly one of the gas guzzlers on that era. according to American users, highly reco ang premium gas. so it figures, I drive also a 2005 ford explorer, recommended din ang premium gas. V6 tend to have fuel related problems after 10 years of owning. kaya siguro naninigurado sila sa gasoline.

now, let's analyze the local stock, at P1,866M ni hindi electronic ang seats, fabric seats with a touch of leather lang, and the super liit windows which will be very difficult to drive sa congested parts like may motor, tricycle, pedestrian, beggars. sigurado may matatamaan ka dyan. it doesn't even have proximity sensors like my wildtrak, eh mas mura pa wildtrak ko with mitigation collision and lane assist and an advance sync 3 system.

you're basically buying the FJ for its look and its association with the old FJ 40, eh ano ba yun looks na yun camper shell upper body na walang silbe or value once the engine becomes problematic.

when my Ford Explorer eddie bauer was new, It had a 245/65R17 tires na averaging 4-5km/liter sa city drive. when I replaced my tires, I opted to get the FJ specs tires at 265/70R17. guess what's my average fuel consumption, 2km - 3km/liter wow! I monitor this real time cause naka connect ako ng OBD wireless sa iphone.

so given that both my Explorer and the FJ has the 4.0 SOHC V6 engine, I think these FJ owners are spending a lot in fuel sa metro. hehe

so pass na ako sa FJ. plus sa panahon ngaun, ano ba sense ng may spare tire sa likod, dirt magnet lang yan coz mahirap linisin yan pag nagmamadali ka. I know coz of all my cars, yun Pajero ang pinatakamad ako linisin kasi ang tagal linisin yun spare tire area sa likod.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Of course the car will also double as a family vehicle so my kids and a yaya will also get to ride in it.
    Good luck with that.

Masikip sa loob ang FJ.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    FJ ride quality is way better than those mid-size SUV out there. As for the rear seats, it is almost the same legroom with sedans but it feels cramped at the rear area due to the small windows of the "suicide" doors.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by AITNIMRA View Post
    FJ ride quality is way better than those mid-size SUV out there. As for the rear seats, it is almost the same legroom with sedans but it feels cramped at the rear area due to the small windows of the "suicide" doors.
    isa pa yun suicide doors na yan, the windows doesnt even open. that's a safety issue and risk

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast