New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    This will be my first car and with the subject above I guess you have an idea of the price range I'm looking at.

Hopefully a lot of you guys can give me your view/s on the matter.

Thank you in advance!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Honda City VX - cheapest and most fuel efficient among the three.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *TS - what would be your primary requirements in a car? Comfort, performance, fuel efficiency? The Altis and Civic are in a higher category (compacts) over the City (subcompacts). However, the City is quite big already for a subcompact and its interior space is comparable to some compacts. The Civic has the most power output among your choices, with the City being the weakest. I think the Altis will offer the biggest interior space among the three. Not sure how efficient those MT Altis or Civics are but I assume they will not be far off compared to the City (averaging 9-10 km/L on city driving).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    toyota Altis

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Toyota Altis, safety first. Civic is old.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Major considerations are:

1. Price
    2. Driving experience (that's why I'm really considering MT primarily)
    3. Safety
    4. FC
    5. After sales service (in terms of quality)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Ennumerations
    1.) Honda Civic feels fun to drive but not as fun as the SIR/VTEC and the FD
    Better pick than the City
    2.) Toyota Altis spacious,aerodynamics has improve
    Bang for the buck for under 900k
    3.) Honda City rear seats is spacious compared to its competitors and some compact cars
    Has lots of gadgets inside,feels like an accord in the inside
    it's to bloody overprice

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Altis - Civic - City

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Altis. The Civic is still the better drive, but at 950k it's too bare (small rims, no foglamps).

The Altis G at 880k already has everything you need. I heard Toyota even gives up to 40k discount so it's really great value. If you want the Civic's power you can always get a Unichip and still end up spending less than a Civic. Handling is so-so though with very vague steering.

The City is still a subcompact and still looks cheaper than the other two. Even if it's really spacious inside, it still looks odd from the outside.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The City E CVT model is good value for something around 800k. The VX may have the extra toys and features but if you can live without such, then the City E will be one good commuter car. If you really want a good handling, fun to drive car for around the same price, then such an option is not within these three.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast