New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    With the arrival of the new City, hasn't buying the marginally bigger Civic become a bit of a nuisance? The City has more toys over all, offers pretty much the same space inside, and feels very premium. CVT also translates to better fuel efficiency.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The City E CVT model is good value for something around 800k. The VX may have the extra toys and features but if you can live without such, then the City E will be one good commuter car. If you really want a good handling, fun to drive car for around the same price, then such an option is not within these three.
    What can you suggest sir? Thank you.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    With the arrival of the new City, hasn't buying the marginally bigger Civic become a bit of a nuisance? The City has more toys over all, offers pretty much the same space inside, and feels very premium. CVT also translates to better fuel efficiency.
    Not for me. The City still looks cheap compared to the Civic. A wider car always has more appeal to me.

Toys are secondary to good handling, ample space (not just legroom but shoulder room also) and well-proportioned dimensions.

Also, the Civic has way more power.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Even with the toys of the City, the Civic FB is still the better car (better power, wider, better handling). I agree with jut703 that the City looks cheap compared to the Civic. I also don't buy the marketing that the new City has Accord-like interiors. You can go to a Honda dealer and sit inside a City, Civic, and Accord. You'd know that the Accord is way better car than a Civic and much more than a City.

*1-PZIN01 - for something less than 1M, the best fun-to-drive car is the Fiesta Ecoboost. It offers a zippy drive, good traction, and great handling. However, it is cramped inside despite a wider tire track than a Vios or City. However, if you and maybe another passenger use it most of the time, it is a great daily driver. Talk about the size of a subcompact hatch with the power output of 1.6L cars and the pull (torque) of 2.0L cars, it can give you smiles when you floor that pedal.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

At those price ranges,- my take would be the Ford Ecosport...

Not a bit of a fan of Ford (I do not own any of its vehicle offerings), but I recognize its practicality over cars at almost the same price....

If I have the dough(budget) to buy a car for my kid,- I'd buy an Ecosport for him any day of the week.

Not the A/T variant though, as I understand that there are some horror stories on it. Just the M/T, if you are up to the challenges of driving it...

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.2K:morgensmile:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Even with the toys of the City, the Civic FB is still the better car (better power, wider, better handling). I agree with jut703 that the City looks cheap compared to the Civic. I also don't buy the marketing that the new City has Accord-like interiors. You can go to a Honda dealer and sit inside a City, Civic, and Accord. You'd know that the Accord is way better car than a Civic and much more than a City.

*1-PZIN01 - for something less than 1M, the best fun-to-drive car is the Fiesta Ecoboost. It offers a zippy drive, good traction, and great handling. However, it is cramped inside despite a wider tire track than a Vios or City. However, if you and maybe another passenger use it most of the time, it is a great daily driver. Talk about the size of a subcompact hatch with the power output of 1.6L cars and the pull (torque) of 2.0L cars, it can give you smiles when you floor that pedal.
    Pardon my ignorance sir, but what does FB mean? I'm not sure what you were referring to when you said "Civic FB".

I'm looking at around 900K or below for my first car.

Right now my mind is about 70% set to get the Altis 1.6 G. Not sure though if the upgrade from E to G (which is around 40K) is worth it.

Really helpful discussion sirs. Thanks a lot.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Civic FB refers to the current Civic. The old one was the FD, the ones before that were the ES, EK, EG, and EF.

As for the upgrade from E to G, I'd say it's worth it as you get the ff:

- Fog lamps
    - Steering wheel audio controls
    - Variable intermittent wipers
    - Keyless entry
    - 60/40 split rear seats
    - Optitron gauges
    - Leather steering wheel and shift knob
    - Rear armrest and cupholders
    - Automatic climate control

Halos lahat yan hindi mauupgrade sa Banawe so you're really better off getting the G already if you can afford it anyway.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    civic ako..

he he he..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Guys i have similar good problem, currently i have altis 2011 g variant mt model which is my first ever car and i am planning to give it to my wife or sell it. Now here my problem i am looking a car that will fit my budget 900k and i prefer mt over auto...i have my eyes to new altis, and mazda 3. take note i am willing to wait if the new lancer will come here next year.

important for me;

1. Suspension reliability
    2. comfort (since ill be driving novaliches to ortigas everyday)
    3. Sulit ba???

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Guys i have similar good problem, currently i have altis 2011 g variant mt model which is my first ever car and i am planning to give it to my wife or sell it. Now here my problem i am looking a car that will fit my budget 900k and i prefer mt over auto...i have my eyes to new altis, and mazda 3. take note i am willing to wait if the new lancer will come here next year.

important for me;

1. Suspension reliability
    2. comfort (since ill be driving novaliches to ortigas everyday take note i am 5'10 guy)
    3. Sulit ba???

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast