New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Mga boss, it's my turn to seek your expert opinion.

I'm in the market for a compact SUV and I've narrowed down my choices to the ASX GLS (FWD A/T) and XV Premium (4WD). This will be my first vehicle.

It was love at first sight with the ASX. I really like its face. My bank loan has been approved and I was ready to buy the 2012 model. But the color I wanted (kingfisher blue) was unavailable and Mitsubishi can't tell me exactly how long I have to wait, or if there's a chance it will become available. I don't like black or white but might consider gray or silver.

Now, one dealer told me the 2013 model is coming in November so I might as well wait for it. Obviously there's no pricing yet.

Meanwhile, I've cheched the Subaru XV and it doesn't look bad and based on reviews, it drives better than the ASX GLS SE (AWD) and by extension, the GLS too.

I read Topgear's August issue where the XV came on top of the ASX and Mazda CX5. They gave top marks to the XV's handling ("You had us at turn one." ) and the CX5's fuel economy (FWD) although the XV wasn't so bad in fuel consumption either.

What bothered me was the poor fuel economy of the ASX -- about 5.5 km/liter "in really bad traffic" and 8.8 km/liter on the highway, compared with the XV's 9.5-10 km/liter "in city driving" and the CX5's 11 km/liter. Now, I'm not sure if the driving conditions during testing were the same, but I've had second thoughts about the ASX as a result.

Anyway, the CX5 is out of the question for me because it's expensive for a FWD (P1.452m). I'm only considering the ASX FWD (P1.255m) because I figured I wont need 4WD (P1.528m). Besides, it's a whopping P273,000 difference. I'm only considering the XV Premium because there's no 2WD version and at P1.478m, it's only P80,000 more expensive than the base model (P1.398m). Now, that's a P223,000 difference between the ASX GLS and the XV Premium.

Here's what I like about the ASX
    *Tough and sporty face (love it)
    *Roomier boot than the XV
    *Built-in GPS
    *Start/stop button which the XV lacks

Now, the XV
    *Better handling, if it's true, although I doubt I'll notice it given the novice driver that I am
    *Better fuel economy, if the reviews are to be believed; I can ignore this if the ASX is not that bad in reality
    *Sunroof! :cool:
    *AWD
    *Plus all the bells and whistles (7 or 8 airbags, HID, reverse camera [although I can put one on the ASX GLS]

I know I might be comparing two units at different price points, but just assume that I'm aware of it and just advise me if the P223,000 is worth it, or if everything else in the XV can be ignored in favor of the ASX's first-rate looks, for me at least.

In terms of looks, I really like the ASX better than the XV and I'm fully aware that this is a matter of taste and therefore subjective.

I would appreciate any inputs from everyone, including those who own either vehicle and had been in the same position as I am now. Maraming salamat!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    the way you talk, it looks like you're more into asx and XV is only 2nd option. right?

so asx for me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Sana problema ko din ito.
    ASX vs XV... Kaso sa afford lang ako, Haima7.

Pero tama si Sir dct, mukhang ASX kana eh. Humaba man ito ng 37 pages, you will still fall to the ASX. :D

Ganyan din ako. ahaha! haba ng thread, sa Haima7 din ang bagsak

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Sana problema ko din ito.
    ASX vs XV... Kaso sa afford lang ako, Haima7.

Pero tama si Sir dct, mukhang ASX kana eh. Humaba man ito ng 37 pages, you will still fall to the ASX. :D

Ganyan din ako. ahaha! haba ng thread, sa Haima7 din ang bagsak
    tama, makinig ka kay sir slapz. ang haba ng thread pero sa gusto pa rin nya ang bagsak :D

hindi mo kasi mababayaran yung saya nung mismong gusto mo. kaysa naman mas maganda nga features etong car na to, pero 2nd option lang talaga sya

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I have driven and ridden both sir.

Although the ASX is also comfy and quite nice, the Subie XV, however, is better in everything and worth the money you pay.

You'll never go wrong with Subaru's. Goodluck!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Originally Posted by dct<br />
    pwedeng iba ang binilhan at puntahan every pms
    <br />
    <br />
    Yes tama..... Kaya lang sa experience ko sa peak motors huwag na silang bilhan at wag na rin magpa service para magsara na sila.Union motors at peak ay iisa lang.. bad shot ang union kaya sa ibang branch nila nag iba ng name.<br />
    <br />
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    I'll keep that in mind. Actually lahat sila magulo kausap. Unang-una hindi nila kabisado features ng produkto nila. Pinaka-helpful yung sa Peak Manila Bay, kaso sinisingil ako ng P8,500 para sa reverse camera dahil mavo-void daw warranty kung hindi sa kanila binili.

Sa Diamond Quezon Ave. naman, halatang nananaga, parang akala nila tatanga-tanga lahat nang customers nila.

Citimotors Pasong Tamo ang nag-break ng news saken na parating na 2013 model sa October/November. Pero bandang huli hindi na raw sigurado dahil may Mirage na parating. May kingfisher blue sila kaso 2011 model -- 'yun na lang daw kunin ko or black na GLS SE kasi 'yun na lang meron sila. Sabi ko ayoko. In fairness sa kanila pwede raw nila i-install 'yung reverse camera na binili ko sa Alibaba without voiding the electrical warranty.

Sa Diamond Valle Verde naman, nung una kong nakausap 'yung sales agent andaming marketing talk on discounts. Kung di ko pa sinabing "Hindi applicable saken 'yang ibang discounts mo dahil may bank loan na ako at pinagaralan ko na 'yan at masyadong mataas interest rate in-house at kinompute ko na 'yan, etc. etc., etc." Ayun tumigil din. In fairness din sa kanila OK lang daw i-install reverse camera na di binili sa kanila.

Lastly 'yung Citimotors Las Pinas nakausap ko kanina at ngayon lang ako naliwanagan na wala nang parating na 2012 ASX na kingfisher blue mula sa planta dahil ubos na nga. At kung may parating na ganyang kulay, 2013 model na 'yun.

I've decided to wait until November for the 2013 ASX model. Two more months is not too long. Besides, I'm in no hurry.

Now, my question is: What can I do to make sure I'm first in line once it becomes available? Valle Verde says I should tell my bank to issue the purchase order to their branch so I will be first in line. I told them how can the bank issue the P.O. when you don't have a price for it yet? (Sabi ng Las Pinas same price lang daw, kailangan ko lang magpa-reserve for P5,000 to P10,000, ewan lang kung totoo.) Ano ba talaga ang tamang procedure? Salamat ulit sa advice n'yo.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipefish View Post
    Now, my question is: What can I do to make sure I'm first in line once it becomes available? Valle Verde says I should tell my bank to issue the purchase order to their branch so I will be first in line. I told them how can the bank issue the P.O. when you don't have a price for it yet? (Sabi ng Las Pinas same price lang daw, kailangan ko lang magpa-reserve for P5,000 to P10,000, ewan lang kung totoo.) Ano ba talaga ang tamang procedure? Salamat ulit sa advice n'yo.
    Early reservation kailangan bro, dapat makipagreconcile ka na pag inabot ng December e full out mo na reservation mo para magkaroon ka ng chance na ma-update o mai-change yung plano mo.

Base naman sa statement nila na Oct or Nov nandyan na kaya set ka ng deadline!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Mga boss, a sales agent told me yesterday she had found a 2012 blue ASX in one of their branches and offered to accompany me there to check the unit. After calling the branch and speaking with three agents, it turned out to be a false alarm.

Today, my bank linked me with the sales head of another branch, who told me her team has a 2012 blue ASK. She has offered to pull out the unit from the warehouse so I could check it out on Saturday.

Now, my question is should I bite it assuming she's right or should I wait for the 2013 model which I heard is arriving in October/November? Here are the changes in the 2013 model:

1. New front and rear fascias -- more flowing lines, revised rear bumper
    2. Retuned rear suspension to improve ride and handling
    3. Retuned CVT to improve acceleration and minimize false sensation of ‘slipping’ common to all CVTs
    4. Increased tow capacity from 1,050 kg to 1,300 kg for the petrol model

I know that some of you will say buy now because the release of the latest model this year isn't sure, while others will say wait until November because the upgrades (and perhaps the extra cost) are worth it. Some of you might also say wait because by the time the 2013 model is released, the 2012 models will have been discounted by as much as P50,000. On the other hand, I think that if it's just a P50,000 difference, I would go with the latest model (just like now when one sales agent tried to convince me to get the 2011 model at a P50,000 discount, but I declined).

What would you do?

P.S. Has the site disallowed logons from Tapatalk? I can't seem to log on anymore.

2013 Mitsubishi ASX Review

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipefish View Post
    ...Here are the changes in the 2013 model:

1. New front and rear fascias -- more flowing lines, revised rear bumper
    2. Retuned rear suspension to improve ride and handling
    3. Retuned CVT to improve acceleration and minimize false sensation of ‘slipping’ common to all CVTs
    4. Increased tow capacity from 1,050 kg to 1,300 kg for the petrol model

I know that some of you will say buy now because the release of the latest model this year isn't sure, while others will say wait until November because the upgrades (and perhaps the extra cost) are worth it. Some of you might also say wait because by the time the 2013 model is released, the 2012 models will have been discounted by as much as P50,000. On the other hand, I think that if it's just a P50,000 difference, I would go with the latest model (just like now when one sales agent tried to convince me to get the 2011 model at a P50,000 discount, but I declined).

What would you do?

Not a big deal ---- 1. New front and rear fascias
    Worth to wait ---- 2. Retuned rear suspension
    Worth to wait ---- 3. Retuned CVT
    Not a big deal ----- 4. Increased tow capacity

Two things for me to consider (2 & 3), but depends pa rin sa urgency. kung willing ka talagang maghintay, try December. This mothh may mga give away na posibleng ibigay gaya nung last year...
    Last edited by Noel Salisipan; September 28th, 2012 at 10:20 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    If you can afford the price difference, go for the XV: it's the more "real" CUV, unlike the ASX that looks just like a "Lancer EX on stilts". Plus you get all the plus features of a Subaru: brand, sports car lineage, handling, driving fun, etc.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Mitsubishi ASX Versus Subaru XV -- Need Advice