New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung sa atin kasi ay yung face lifted ('Boulay' ata tawag ng mga tiga-Mitsu dito). Yung may corporate nose na (Mt. Fuji daw iyon, hehehe) shared with other models. Love it or hate it, I guess. But it does look good in silver.

We don't get the optional external tire carrier. But we do get the optional side step and foglamps as standard. We also get side door mouldings which was not offered in other markets.

In terms of interior, the local edition is one of the most loaded. There are no 'base' Monty Sports here. All units come in just one flavor with leather, marble finish panels, 2D1N cassette/CD, multimeter, etc. About the only things missing were the navigation system from the JDM model and the third-row seats from the Thai model.

A model with the 6g72 engine would've helped. The 6g72 can outpower Toyota's 2700VVTi or 3400 V6 and might have broadened the appeal of the product some more.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    But that engine might raise the price even more...

Are they still selling the Pajero? I found a brand new brochure at a coffee shop (somebody just left it there... so I stole it... ) and was looking through it... grabe... hanggang ngayon, meron pa rin!

But then again, the features are nice... and I have to admit, it still rides better than most of those new ASEAN-made pickup based SUVs (Fortuner, Everest, etcetera)... but the price!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 6G72 is a pretty old engine. 1988 pa lang meron na niyan (or even earlier). Besides, gas engines are usually cheaper than diesels, right?

Yep, the Field Master is available. But only in 4x2 mode. You can check it out at www.mitsubishi-motors.com.ph . They had a black unit on display at Mitsu Quezon Avenue a few weeks ago. Mitsubishi now refers to it as the 'Pajero Q-Car'. What the Q is for, I don't know.

And holy crap, they're asking Php1.8M for it. More expensive than a Fortuner 3.0D4d with fulltime 4wd. I would've understood if it still had the Super Select 4wd system. But as it is, it has about the same traction capabilities as a Mitsubishi Adventure when the terrain gets nasty.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yung sa atin kasi ay yung face lifted ('Boulay' ata tawag ng mga tiga-Mitsu dito). Yung may corporate nose na (Mt. Fuji daw iyon, hehehe) shared with other models.
    Named after French designer Olivier Boulay, former Mitsubishi global head of design, who initiated the look.

The Boulay look goes well on some renditions (Pajero, Adventure, Lancer Evolution) and not as good on others (Space Gear, Galant 240M), IMO.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    holy crap, they're asking Php1.8M for it.
    My sentiments exactly when my aunt bought hers a few years ago. Real nice car... shame it ain't 4WD... especially considering the price.

Gas engines cheaper... yeah, I guess you're right. But I don't think that would enamor people to the Montero. Personally, ditch the Montero, sell the Pajero FM at the Montero's price range, and stick 4WD on the near 2m version. Even though the Pajero FM is almost as old as the Montero... it's still a much better vehicle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ewan haha mitsubishi loves selling its ancient models haha pero people still buy it ... like the L300 grbe simula ata nung pinaganak ak yan na van na nakita k e hanggang ngayon na nakagraduate na ako ng college may brand new parin hahaha ! and what scary is that it hasnt change a bit! even the engine, 4d56 buhay na buhay pa !

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maganda yung idea ni niky. Ang suggestion ko sa Mitsu:
    *Put 4x4 back on the Pajero Field Master (kahit hindi Super Select, yung ordinary lang)
    *Cloth seats
    *Simplified audio (wala nang mga DVD eklat)
    *Make wood optional
    *No foglamps
    *No bumper overrider

Then undercut the price of the Fortuner 4x4. Para medyo magdalawang isip naman ang tao knowing the Pajero is a flagship 4x4 and the Fortuner is Toyota's entry level truck.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    How much more or less ang additional cost pag dinagdagan ng 4x4 yung existing na 4x2 FM? including the instrumentation sa dash..etc.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I tried asking Mitsubish Quezon Ave. They can't give a straight answer. 'Hundreds of thousands' daw or whatever that means.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for all the feedback. As I said napigilan ko yun bro-in-law ko na bumili ng fortuner so he decided to get the MS na lang, then 2 days later, fortuner na lang daw kasi mas maganda and the MS interior is not as good. Then my older bro told him about the engine problems of D4D so now we're back to the Montero, silver i think yun kukunin.

Nung umpisa kasi he wanted a diesel talaga or maporma like a benz or bmw. So benz and BMW are definitely more expensive so out na sya, and he doesn't want a second hand. Pinag pilitan ko pa yun 1-series but it's not diesel. So nauwi dun sa dalawang choice na fortuner and MS. I said the same thing, why would you buy a 1.5M car and think about fuel cost? edi sana nag jazz na lang. and why buy a 1.5M car that has the looks of 10 years ago? Kasi daw yun pajero nga is 1.8M and he's getting the MS for 1.48M so fine. Sabi ko lang for that money, i'l buy a focus or civic na 2.0 mas may dating pa. But i guess he really wanted a big car so ayun. I also brought up buying a Camry but again, di daw diesel. hehe

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Mitsu Montero