New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 'old' Montero Sport is still being sold here as brand new units. And the units are not 'new-old-stock' units. They are newly assembled units using all-new and not old stock parts. They are as brand new as any other brand new car you can buy off the lot.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramarathon5 View Post
    New at this so if I screw up just let me know. Also I do not know how to write in text, therefore I tend to be long winded when I write.

Question: I am retiring to the Philippines and I own a 2000 MS which unfortunately I can not ship. Tax is 350%. I read your messages about old model MS being sold. How old? I plan to get an SUV, a Montero Sports if possible since I know how reliable it is.
    the monetro is still being sold here are "brand new" units here but be carefel because if your coming from the states, you might have the gasoline version, ours here is the 2.8 turbo diesel version which churns out about 120hp? the engine is the biggest difference from your model and from ours but everything else is the same 4x4 mechanism etc but no sun roof
    Last edited by kmo; December 29th, 2006 at 12:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The local MS runs a 2.8l 4m40 (unlike in other markets where the 2.5l 4d56 was standard) mated to a 4 speed A/T. This combo is shared with the bigger Pajero Field Master aka GEN II.5. The engine makes 125bhp and is inherently more bulletproof than the 2.5l.

Most owners doing diesel swaps in the U.S. have to make do with 4d55's they get from salvage units. AFAIK, the USDM Ford Ranger diesel of the late 70's also used the 4d55.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    kung tibay at tibay din lamang ang paguusapan pajero ka na. my uncle pajero was rammed by JAM bus along the South tolway but the car never suffered any major damages, the body was never been crumpled and the passenger was not even hurt. as compared to the fortuner the body is made of fly light metal and the chasis is also made of light metal as compared to pajero solid base chasis

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi guys im thinking of selling my 2002 CRV for a Montero Sport.. Is this a good move?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt View Post
    Hi guys im thinking of selling my 2002 CRV for a Montero Sport.. Is this a good move?
    Only if you don't expect the ride to be the same as the CRV. Just keep in mind that the MS is a truck not a crossover suv like the CRV. It has a better ability to truly go off road than the CRV because the MS is a body on a ladder frame design with a true 4x4 system unlike the unibody of the CRV and it's AWD.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Mitsu Montero