New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing View Post
    Yeah Montero Sport. Buti napigilan ko yun bayaw ko in buying a diesel fortuner. He is now leaning on the Montero sport kaso ngayon pinag tatalunan yun kulay. I voted for white, my dad prefers black, and my bro is thinking of silver.
    i think you are better off with the fortuner than the montero sport, its aging, its very old, and its engine too is very very old and slow its just the fieldmaster in different clothing

you cant go wrong with the fortuner its way better than the montero in every aspect

russpogi : yup merong availble na montero sport here in the philippines matagal na it has the 2.8l 4d56 engine of the old fieldmaster

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    russpogi : yup merong availble na montero sport here in the philippines matagal na it has the 2.8l 4d56 engine of the old fieldmaster
    Oh! Salamat po sa info! Type ko din kse to eh! La lang pera!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir,
    my cousin has a fortuner and (no offense to fortuner owners) the inside of innova G's are beter-looking. if you take a look at the gauges of the innnova and the fortuner, pareho lang, except that meron nilagay na parang cups sa fortuner na nakakalito tuloy basahin ung gauges. the touches of silver plastic don't look so good. beige is "dumihin" and the sound systems of toyotas are the poorest.
    we have a montero sport and although the "style" has been around some time, it still looks good. black leather interior. black marble effects. cluster gauges. alpine sound system. and the tested 4m40 engine, same as the Q pajeros. speed is not an issue coz i'm able to go 150+ in star toll. acceleration is not bad. i guess maybe it's lighter than the pajero.
    i've driven the fortuner and i would say mas matagtag ang fortuner. montero sport 4wd is 1.5M while the fortuner 4wd is (i think) 1.8M.
    of course, the fortuner seats more people, but the 3rd row is not good at all. better get an innova if you want space.
    i will concede na mas maganda ang outside ng fortuner sa montero sport, so if your priority is external looks, go for fortuner. i guess i care more about the inside, coz i'm the one looking at it. opinion ko lang po

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like the Montero Sport as it borders on being over-engineered. The only thing keeping costs down is the relative age of the platform. But hey, you're still getting a brand new vehicle.

Bulletproof engine, bulletproof tranny, idiot-proof underpinnings. Unless you really like to be 'in', the Monty Sport will serve most needs very well. As for being slow, a Fortuner 2.5d4d makes approximately 20 horses less.

The Fortuner is also built with more cost considerations.

you cant go wrong with the fortuner
    It's pretty hard to go wrong with a Monty Sport either since almost all issues with the model has been resolved in its almost 10 years of production.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kahit luma na ang montero sport pogi parin sakin!! Bagsak sakin ngayon ang reputasyon ng fortuner. Between montero sport and fortuner? No questions asked. Montero agad.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Syempre Montero Sport na. Para sa akin mas porma pa rin siya, kahit luma na yung design.

For some reason, I don't like the Fortuner's rather tall-looking stance; parang madaling tutumba pag hinipan ng hangin. Same thing with the Prado. And besides, considering what Toyota dealers did to jack up the Fortuner's value (such obscene pricing for an entry-level SUV), sobrang na-turn off na ako.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; December 11th, 2006 at 10:41 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sta. Fe nalang. nakakit ako kanina at ganda pala talaga nagiisip ako kung yon kunin ng sasakyan para sa family or yung Explorer...OT

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Sta. Fe is also a viable alternative. 7 seats, dual air. Gives up ruggedness for comfort and sophistication. Just check what the vehicle will be used for.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung play-safe ka talaga, mag-montero ka. kumbaga sa mga software bugs and fixes, solb na solb na ang tsikot na'to.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Maganda rin ang Sta. Fe! I don't like the Fortuner for one reason alone: Takot ako sa carjack!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Mitsu Montero