New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    the fortuner 4wd is priced at i think 1.6M

dont get me wrong hehe i lovedthe way the montero looked when it was still new 10years ago hahaha but knowing that the model is old, the engine is old and yet it still priced as 1.5M and still being sold as "brand new" medyo ... dun lng ako hindi mapakali

yeah if you guys dont like the fortuner, there are other better options like the santa fe nga etc etc grand vitara but the montero talga is just too old .... its really hard to spend 1.5m for a car you know is already phased out and everything in it is old exept for the price :d

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorento is another option....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Montero Sport is not yet phased out. It may be old but it is still in full production. Still sold in Europe, Oz, Japan, and other parts of the world except for the U.S. where new regulations would have forced a redesignd and it was deemed cheaper to just rebody a Galant since it already meets upcoming regulations.

Old doesn't really mean bad. The LC40 was still in production as late as 2001. The Toyota Land Cruiser 70 and 80 series are still production also. The Nissan Sentra, Toyota Corolla AE92, and Suzuki Esteem are also still available as brand new in selected markets.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The Montero Sport is not yet phased out. It may be old but it is still in full production. Still sold in Europe, Oz, Japan, and other parts of the world except for the U.S. where new regulations would have forced a redesignd and it was deemed cheaper to just rebody a Galant since it already meets upcoming regulations.

Old doesn't really mean bad. The LC40 was still in production as late as 2001. The Toyota Land Cruiser 70 and 80 series are still production also. The Nissan Sentra, Toyota Corolla AE92, and Suzuki Esteem are also still available as brand new in selected markets.
    hmm didint know that some of these cars are still sold as brand new in other countries

anyway, its not that its really BAD pero yun nga .... your paying a hefty price for something thats already old dba? well nasa taste narin yan ng buyer

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    hmm didint know that some of these cars are still sold as brand new in other countries

anyway, its not that its really BAD pero yun nga .... your paying a hefty price for something thats already old dba? well nasa taste narin yan ng buyer
    Yun lang. Sana babaan yung selling price kse old na din sya eh. (para ma-afford natin! hehehe)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ba incentive-laden naman ang MS kahit mataas ang SRP niya? Halos every month ata may ibang promo para sa kanya.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    maybe mitsu is haveing problems selling it kaya daming promos and incentives ... just saw the updated price of the montero sport, its above 1.6m na pala e nearing the 1.7m pricetag

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hindi lahat ng bago ay maganda sa paningin, tulad ng Mitsu Galant 240M, Nissan Sentra at higit sa lahat, ang Ssangyong Rodius.

Huwag na lang 'old', sabihin na lang nating 'vintage', hehehe. As far as the price tag goes, I'd think of it as the value of reliability. Like OTEP mentioned, the Montero Sport has been in the market long enough for Mitsubishi to have ironed out the kinks by now, assuring its long-term value. Personally, I'd rather pay a premium for a 4D56/4M40/4M41 (lumang design, proven track record) than go for a D-4D (bago nga, pero problematic).

My only gripe with the MS is that it doesn't come with a manual tranny; daig pa siya ng Strada. A stick shift option might lower its price somewhat.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    maybe mitsu is haveing problems selling it kaya daming promos and incentives ... just saw the updated price of the montero sport, its above 1.6m na pala e nearing the 1.7m pricetag
    Mitsu, like Suzuki, has problems selling almost every vehicle in their line up. Mitsu's giving away free laptops now if you get a new unit (Adventure, MS, etc.). Incentives or low sales doesn't really mean the unit is bad. Sometimes, it all has to do with market perception. Heck, Hyundai used to give away free alloy wheels! I think they're giving away DVD players now.

Maybe they just raised the prices to compensate for the incentives. Php100k off siya or more AFAIK.

And for such an old model, don't count it to sell like hotcakes. Acquired taste na siya. Yung may alam na lang ng pedigree nung sasakyan ang bibili niyan in this day and age. Just like the people who keep buying LC70's. That has been superseded by 3 generations already. Yung mga supposed 'replacements' niya have come and gone, yet the 70 is still in the game.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    true true .... sabagay ....pero npansin nyo ba na parng iba yung itsura ng montero sport natin dito compared sa mga pumasok dati na imports with a v6 gasoline engine? parng mas bare ata atin e .... sayang ... dpat nag labas din sila ng gas version just like the imports before

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Mitsu Montero