New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    May 2015
    You are lucky because space isn't part of your considerations. Just go with what your heart desires. Sit for a couple of minutes and feel the car. If you can, test drive all the options you have.

Good luck on your purchase!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Agree. A test drive will surely be the clincher when choosing cars.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by justdiy View Post
    You are lucky because space isn't part of your considerations. Just go with what your heart desires. Sit for a couple of minutes and feel the car. If you can, test drive all the options you have.

Good luck on your purchase!
    ^Exactly this. Different cars have many common & distinct features that cater to general & specific needs.
    Most if not all new auto Honda & Nissan trannies now are back to CVT. They're good but will be a costly fix once that rubber belt goes. Seen this too many times on different makes. If you're one who sees yourself switching cars every few years, this is fine. If you'll end up like a few of us who keep cars long term, stay away.
    Mazda dint join the CVT bandwagon & created what probably is the best auto tranny amongst those mentioned.
    You have the rare luxury of putting want above need. Follow your heart. Makes & models will outdo each other w/ every new 1 launched...Eventually, a car chosen based on specs will feel old & boring. But a car chosen based on heart will likely remain loved regardless of age, quirks & limitations.
    Oh, I'm not a Mazda-specific fanboy. Just 1 who listens to the beat, 1 who doesn't overthink, 1 who can't afford swapping for new 1s every so often.. Got other makes, euro & nippon, old, loved, abused & garaged to this day.
    Happy hunting & weekend.

4. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    You have the rare luxury of putting want above need. Follow your heart. Makes & models will outdo each other w/ every new 1 launched...Eventually, a car chosen based on specs will feel old & boring. But a car chosen based on heart will likely remain loved regardless of age, quirks & limitations.

Happy hunting & weekend.
    Agree too. Most people wants Mazda but can't buy them because they have less space than the competition. Since you're not into spacious cabin, just try to drive the Mazda 2 and the city and you'll know what we mean. ;) The transmission on the Mazda is really good!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    899k po ung base variant M3 MAXX 1.6L

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    sang branch po meron?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TS

Ano na? Decided na?

BTW check this out.
    VX+ at the price of VX only hehe

Quote Originally Posted by aargh View Post
    Just saw this ad sa OLX. I guess there'll be a new facelift coming since malaki discount binigay. Worth it kaya?

2015 Honda City VX+ For Sale Philippines - Find Brand New 2015 Honda City VX+ On OLX
    Someone bought a VX+, changed his/her mind. Unit is still at Honda Q AVE.

Kaso cash basis to get that humongous discount.

You might want to consider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    The subcompact segment is a very difficult 1 for the SkyActiv M2 to compete in. Production costs for any new tech/platform are always higher than those that have long been in use......Sadly for the manufacturer but positively for the car buyer, price is still dictated by the popular competition.
    Most subcompacts focus on the 'first-car' /new driver/budget market & load up on superficial options to lure the newb buyer. Here, the Sky M2 would be the odd 1 out. It's geared more towards the experienced, those w/ better appreciation for drive dynamics, technology and fine engineering....& these usually come much later in life.
    It wasn't designed to compete w/ what's out there, not a do-it-all hauler, not a family car....This was designed for the discriminating, technical driver/enthusiast looking for a fun, inexpensive, highly tweakable, convenient daily driver.
    I can only imagine how the M2 will spoil that 'first-car' owner, & foresee his or her struggle in choosing that eventual 2nd car which will have very big shoes & expectations to fill.
    For no other reasons but that SkyActiv & Mazda drive experience, I'd definitely go for the M2 over any other in that tight subcompact segment....
    Ask any M2 owner why they have that indelible grin or how much fun they're having....You'll likely be convinced....I am & I'm not even an M2 owner...not yet. Hahaha
    Again, my worthless 2cents.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Mazsa 2 Speed or Honda City VX+? Help