New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Honda city is my advise. Besides, the mazsa is only for a brotha!
    I LOLed! Ang sikip nga talaga ng likod ng Mazda2, but you have to admit the 3 years free PMS is very tempting.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I LOLed! Ang sikip nga talaga ng likod ng Mazda2, but you have to admit the 3 years free PMS is very tempting.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Precisely a Hobo brotha with Teinitis. Good one dreamur.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As a solo car, the Mazda2 is much more satisfying to drive... but amongst Japanese/Korean subcompacts, the City is the one that comes closest... the steering is still way too light, but it handles well and drives very lightly.

And it's got a huge backseat. If you ever need to use the back seat, City, hands down. If you don't, the M2... but hatchback please.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As a solo car, the Mazda2 is much more satisfying to drive... but amongst Japanese/Korean subcompacts, the City is the one that comes closest... the steering is still way too light, but it handles well and drives very lightly.

And it's got a huge backseat. If you ever need to use the back seat, City, hands down. If you don't, the M2... but hatchback please.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How well does the small SkyActiv engine pushes the Mazda2? The City/Jazz L15 engine may have some oomph at the top end but it's performance at usual rpm (2k-3k) is quite boring. How stiff is the suspension of the Mazda2?

For the price of the Mazda2R or City VX+, a Mazda3 1.5L or Altis 1.6G or Sylphy V (with discounts) might be better options.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    double double...
    Last edited by Egan101; October 28th, 2015 at 11:27 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Precisely a Hobo brotha with Teinitis. Good one dreamur.
    Hahaha good point brah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Niky, if you were to choose, Mazda 2 or Mazda 3 for purely city use?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How well does the small SkyActiv engine pushes the Mazda2? The City/Jazz L15 engine may have some oomph at the top end but it's performance at usual rpm (2k-3k) is quite boring. How stiff is the suspension of the Mazda2?

For the price of the Mazda2R or City VX+, a Mazda3 1.5L or Altis 1.6G or Sylphy V (with discounts) might be better options.
    In testing, we found it to be just slightly (very very slightly) slower to 100 km/h than an Ecoboost. Faster off the line, loses out near 100 km/h as the Ecoboost has much more HP.

Versus the Honda 1.5, definitely meatier bottom end power. Shorter first gear, too. The CVT's low range ratio is a bit too long.

The Mazda3 1.5, I like. Actually feels nimbler and more responsive at low speeds than the 2.0. Don't know if it's because of the smaller alloy wheels or shorter gearing, but it does.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mazsa 2 Speed or Honda City VX+? Help