New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How well does the small SkyActiv engine pushes the Mazda2? The City/Jazz L15 engine may have some oomph at the top end but it's performance at usual rpm (2k-3k) is quite boring. How stiff is the suspension of the Mazda2?

For the price of the Mazda2R or City VX+, a Mazda3 1.5L or Altis 1.6G or Sylphy V (with discounts) might be better options.
    In testing, we found it to be just slightly (very very slightly) slower to 100 km/h than an Ecoboost. Faster off the line, loses out near 100 km/h as the Ecoboost has much more HP.

Versus the Honda 1.5, definitely meatier bottom end power. Shorter first gear, too. The CVT's low range ratio is a bit too long.

The Mazda3 1.5, I like. Actually feels nimbler and more responsive at low speeds than the 2.0. Don't know if it's because of the smaller alloy wheels or shorter gearing, but it does.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    In testing, we found it to be just slightly (very very slightly) slower to 100 km/h than an Ecoboost. Faster off the line, loses out near 100 km/h as the Ecoboost has much more HP.

Versus the Honda 1.5, definitely meatier bottom end power. Shorter first gear, too. The CVT's low range ratio is a bit too long.

The Mazda3 1.5, I like. Actually feels nimbler and more responsive at low speeds than the 2.0. Don't know if it's because of the smaller alloy wheels or shorter gearing, but it does.
    OT: Niky, whats's the 0-100 time of the Mazda 3 1.5 in your tests?

Also, would it be possible to borrow COTY's Vbox? Or perhaps I could lend you my car, just curious to know its Vbox 0-100 time. 😆

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    I LOLed! Ang sikip nga talaga ng likod ng Mazda2, but you have to admit the 3 years free PMS is very tempting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Precisely a Hobo brotha with Teinitis. Good one dreamur.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Honda city is my advise. Besides, the mazsa is only for a brotha!
    I'd have to agree that Mz2 is not as spacious as Honda City or Jazz but I'd disagree that Mazsa is only for a brothah. In fact we've got lots of mutant sistahs rollin on Mz3s. They're not even hobos coz their Mz3s are heavily modded. (E.g. Turbo, air suspension, etc.) Haha! 😂😂😂

Going back, my biological brother chose between City and Mz2 back in September. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to swing him to get the Mz2 because of the too cramped space at the backseat. I couldn't blame him coz of his height and built (6", 180lbs). Besides i'd also agree the City is a good subcompact car compared to Vios/Almera.

TS (sistah), i suggest that you test drive both or even consider getting compact (within your budget). Id strongly suggest you get the Mz3. Mazsas are also for sistahs alike!!! Hahaha! ✌✌✌

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    OT: Niky, whats's the 0-100 time of the Mazda 3 1.5 in your tests?

Also, would it be possible to borrow COTY's Vbox? Or perhaps I could lend you my car, just curious to know its Vbox 0-100 time. 😆

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Not comparable to other publication's 0-100 times this year. We are switching to a new 10-100 standard. No tire-squealing launches allowed (ergo, C! Magazine style, somewhat). Also, our current drag strip is not level (slight incline, so less powerful cars are at a disadvantage).

We may publish numbers at a later date, I can't give them out now.

What I can say is that by the numbers we have, it seems the Mazda2 is only slightly slower than the EcoBoost... about 0.1 seconds, and may be faster than the City. All matic, of course.

For VBoxing, heck, let me know when you want to go... lots of space out south to do it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Hindi ba overpriced ang toyota? yun ang sinasabi saakin ng iba kaya di ko siya sinama sa choices ko.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    AFAIK, there is no Mazda 2 speed variant available yet. It's just the V and R variant.
    Meron na ibang branch pinapa test drive na nga ako e

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    honda city
    -will be quieter and
    -more comfortable than the tiny mazda2.
    -more space also.
    -Hill start assist,
    -reverse camera,
    -side curtain airbags+side airbags.
    -trunk release(i use this alot),
    -60:40 split folding rear seats (if you want to bring a barbell in the trunk).
    -wider wheels * 6inches,
    -keyless entry+push start

Only thing thats good on mazsa2 is slightly better FC, Free maintenance for 3yrs(hefty acquisition cost)

Honda City is my vote...
    kaya lang dba ang daming recall ng honda ngayon? so maganda ba engine ng honda compared sa toyota? So anong feel i drive ng Honda city mo? kasi yung honda yung car na ginamit nung driving lesson ko ang di ko siya nagustuhan

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    of the 2 choices I'll get the City VX+

pero if you have the budget for the VX+ why don't just buy a compact car already? PRICEY si VX+

As usual try to dealer hop, get the best deal you can get.
    kasi gusto ng parents ko small car lang kasi girl daw ako Mz3 sana gusto ko kasi ka-price niya mz2 pero di nila gusto ang laki daw ng ulo hahaha

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    only child lang ako soi think di ko kailangan ng mas malaking space. kaya lang ayaw ko mag sisi kasi pag binilihan ako NEVER na ako bibilihan ulit so gusto ko talaga sulit. yung tipong wala ng hahanapin pa haha So mz2 why mas maganda kesa city?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    ang laki daw ng ulo ng mz3 di nagustuhan ng parents ko. hahaha So mas sulit bilhin mz3 kesa city? why?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mazsa 2 Speed or Honda City VX+? Help