New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    both looks like lady driven econo sedans..dami lady drivers naka ganyan mz3 n new civic dto sa pinas..not that its anything bad but it certainly eliminates the 'porma' 'angas' factor
    hay naku bos...nothing can escape the hands of today's lady drivers. from suvs ( from small ones to full sized big a$$ truck sized ones) to pick-ups to vans, you name it, and they're driving it (and they're turning them into chock full of children/mom mobiles even).

come to think of it, even motorcyles aren't spared from this phenomenon (not that it's a bad thing or is it?)
    Last edited by baludoy; August 2nd, 2007 at 04:17 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    onga pati suvs, pero dito sa gensan popular ang civic kahit sa mga single working women, tulad mga officers ng banks or young lady doctors. siguro for 1 every lady driving suv = 10 lady driving civic, altis, sentra, vios etc..each yan ha

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    The mazda 3 looks cheap, the interior materials are cheap, the orange lights all over the dash looks cheap, the seatbelts are uncomfortable....... overall its a cheap car that looks and functions cheap. The civic wins this one hands down. On the other hand the mazda 6 is a far better car performance wise and looks compared to the accord. Mazda 3 simply put is not a wise choice over the civic.
    The Mazda3's front seats and ride are more comfortable than the Civic's. There are some cheap plastics, but overall, the interior looks pretty good. Admittedly, the Civic has better plastics in some areas, but more surfaces are covered with them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Double post.
    Last edited by erickdpogi; August 2nd, 2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: double post. sorry!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'll go for the white car in the background... angas!
    hahaha!

:ot: sir niky, when are you going to check out the new focus TDCi? I sms-ed my agent at Ford Alabang, they told me it's gonna be out come 2nd week of August, I'm interested for a 2nd car (my fd is a daily beater), true there are only two colors for the TDCi?

Anyway, Civic still here!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Only two colors, yup. I don't like the Platinum silver whatever, but the Blue one... my stars, that one's ***y. All it needs is 18" mags, racing stripes and an RS badge...

I'm still waiting for an extended drive. I'll be bugging my dealer tomorrow.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Neither.. dahil sa dami nang meron it has become the 'hoi poloi' must have.

Also, because of the pot-hole ridden roads of Manila, the suspension on compact cars like the mazda3/civic/lynx/sentra turns into dust after one year.

I suggest you save up some more to get a CR-V or a low-end cross-over vehicle. Not for the porma but least there's a chance that your suspension will last for 3 years without changing.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    But then again, if you have money to burn why not? Any CUVs, SUVs and even Pickups out there are very nice choices. Being "hoi poloi" doesn't mean it's already a turn off to own one, although these two choices can/may be seen almost at any pavement out there, it just means that both have attained different targets and goals (they work!). Yes, it may be practical to buy the mentioned vehicles (C-RV etc etc.) but the price as well as cost of maintenance are such a pain in the butt for us middle class people that we settle for the next best thing (or the best thing) which are sub compacts and compacts. Different demands, different options. I don't have to argue about suspension, any car-loving person out there just need to take it easy on our roads to prolong the life of their suspension as well as their vehicles as a whole. Oh by the way, It's not just about the looks, it's also practical.
    Last edited by erickdpogi; August 2nd, 2007 at 07:25 PM. Reason: something to add

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    The mazda 3 looks cheap, the interior materials are cheap, the orange lights all over the dash looks cheap, the seatbelts are uncomfortable....... overall its a cheap car that looks and functions cheap. The civic wins this one hands down. On the other hand the mazda 6 is a far better car performance wise and looks compared to the accord. Mazda 3 simply put is not a wise choice over the civic.
    Oh my i guess i'm cheap....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i've testdriven the Mazda3, ambagal! liit din pala ng interior at mababa roofline para sa akin. lamang lang siya sa handling lalo sa mga sharp turns na di ko magawa sa Civic dati. overall Civic pa rin ako, bigger at wider at matipid, Honda pa.

pero between the Mazda3 R at 2.0 Civic, Mazda na siguro ako.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
MAZDA3 or CIVIC