New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MACpod View Post
    *number001
    thanks, but i was referring to civics here in the emirates kung JDM ba sila.
    so sa 2.0 variants lang pla ung audio controls ng civic. thanks.

btw, for those driving a mazda3, ano po ang FC nyo pag city driving at pag highway? thanks
    I get 10km/li more or less, mixed highway and city driving.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    The local FD Civic is assembled in Honda Phil's Sta Rosa Plant. The quality of this plant's output is at best spotty. I don't know if Honda Phil has managed to fix the driver's window defect or the noise emanating from the defective engine support.

Steering wheel integrated audio controls are only available for the 2.0 variants (2.0 S M/T or 2.0 S-L A/T.). No mentions if the audio systemany is I-Pod compatibile.
    1.8V = no iPod support, no audio controls on the steering wheel.
    1.8S = with iPod support, no audio controls on the steering wheel.
    2.0S up = with iPod support, with audio controls on the steering wheel.

Sir, JDM CBUs po ang FDs sa arab countries.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mazda 3 = looks (interior & exterior), steering, mas rare ang dating.

Civic = performance, fc, common na masyado. puro FDs nalang nakikita ko sa road.

MAZDA 3 for me

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mazda 3 hatchback all the way!!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Need assistance/confirmation... I just bought my Mazda3 1.6L about 3 months ago and the milage i am getting on purely city driving (makati so traffic is really bad) is a bit less than 6km/ltr. Will the milage improve??? Any owners of Mazda3 1.6L out there that can confirm this or is there something wrong with my car???

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by King12 View Post
    Need assistance/confirmation... I just bought my Mazda3 1.6L about 3 months ago and the milage i am getting on purely city driving (makati so traffic is really bad) is a bit less than 6km/ltr. Will the milage improve??? Any owners of Mazda3 1.6L out there that can confirm this or is there something wrong with my car???
    I think that is just normal... it'll be slightly better after your 1000km oil change.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mileage will get much better after 10,000 kms. But if you're doing Makati at rush hour, I doubt you'll go over 7 km/l, considering it's a 1.6 AT with a big body.

There are some minor tricks you can use to tweak it a bit... a grounding kit supposedly helps with throttle and transmission response... inflate your tires more (30-32 psi should give you better mileage) and adopt a more anticipatory style of driving... hang back a little more, let off the gas earlier (coast to stops when you can) and try not to be aggressive on the gas and brakes (I know, I know... impossible in Makati)

Buck up. The old Familia could get 6 km/l... on the highway... ...6 km/l in traffic in a much heavier car isn't that bad.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    oh no!!! thats not good... Read in C! magazine that the car was rated at 10km/ltr city and 11km/lts highway... I already had the 1000km oil change and next service is at 10,000km pa? Oh well... Now I am member of tsikot i can ask my questions from users before buying a car... Thanks

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Mileage will get much better after 10,000 kms. But if you're doing Makati at rush hour, I doubt you'll go over 7 km/l, considering it's a 1.6 AT with a big body.

There are some minor tricks you can use to tweak it a bit... a grounding kit supposedly helps with throttle and transmission response... inflate your tires more (30-32 psi should give you better mileage) and adopt a more anticipatory style of driving... hang back a little more, let off the gas earlier (coast to stops when you can) and try not to be aggressive on the gas and brakes (I know, I know... impossible in Makati)

Buck up. The old Familia could get 6 km/l... on the highway... ...6 km/l in traffic in a much heavier car isn't that bad.
    thanks will try inflating my tires and see if that helps... I do my best on not being aggressive but if i do that I will be late for office most of the time... Jeeps and taxi keep cutting in and out:rant: (thats another topic all together)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I understand.

With C! Mag... well, everyone gets different economy figures. I've seen 10 km/l from a Mazda3 1.6 in rush-hour, but I live in the south... despite the horrid traffic on the highway (an hour to travel 40kms), I drive long distance, which means the car is running "warm" longer. C!'s testers seem to drive most in the north, and QC traffic is very mild compared to Makati's.

If you drive inside Makati and you don't go further than 5-10 kms, then 6 km/l is just about right for a 1.6 AT. Granted, some newer cars can get 8 km/l (the Civic, for one) in the same conditions, but that's life...

Welcome to tsikot!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
MAZDA3 or CIVIC