New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    MACpod, I recommend the fd civic (I'm also an owner).

If you wanna go for fuel consumption, I suggest take the manual instead, I'm hitting 12 km/L (city) and est. 14 km/L (highway), magaang kasi ang feet ko (LoL) and subdued driving.

Looks department, mas maangas tignan ang civic, pero mas macho naman tignan ang mazda3. I had the same dillemma as you are having now, I think I made a good choice.

Performance? Performance = Honda. Need I say more. This is the main reason why you're buying this car. The R18 i-VTEC engine is one of the most fuel efficient 1.8L engine today, its power is also comparable to the K20 i-VTEC engine. You want good handling? go for mazda3, but then again, will you do laps on legal streets? Will you always encounter ziz zag-y roads? If this'll be your daily drive then that's it. The engine of the mazda3 is simply outdated although it has a very good A/T., the other brands (toyota, mitsu) are putting 1.8L soon.

btw: if you're race hungry? I'd already hit 210 km/h sa skyway. and that's not redlined all stock. between 5-6k rpm lang sya, pumapalo palang ang vtec, I stopped since I was thinking of my tires, baka sumabog. This was done at 5am wala talagang car na present.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    *erick
    muka tlgang CIVIC wins it. you're right, i won't be hitting a race track nor barving complicated routes on my daily driving (since roads here in the emirates are pretty wide though) so i guess handling won't be a problem. but i think i'll choose the A/T since long driving ako minsan. tho, fuel prices here are competitive, tlgang priority ko parin ang fuel eco para tipid tlga sa budget.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think a fellow car club member of mine is hitting 10-11 km/L on his fd civic a/t. JDM spec din po ata nilalabas sa arab countries, got a club member also who's based on dubai whereas his civic is a CBU from japan.

BTW, hanep ang sound system ng civic, lakas ng bass and voice. that's all stock.
    Last edited by erickdpogi; July 21st, 2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: another thing to tell.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i'm not sure kung JDM ang nandito. will have to check on that once ready na mga documents ko for car financing.

*erick, wala atang audio controls sa steering wheel ang civic? iPod ready nba ang HU?

BTW, kanina while waiting for a cab, may dumaan na Mazda3,royal blue ba un? still never fails to magnet my eyes! hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    CIVIC.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO 2ND THOUGHTS ABOUT IT.. HEHEHEHEHE...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by erickdpogi View Post
    but then again, will you do laps on legal streets? Will you always encounter ziz zag-y roads?
    And how often will you need to hit 210 km/h? Hahaha... just kidding.

But basically, Honda for the engine, Mazda for the suspension. Up to the buyer to decide which matters more to him...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MACpod View Post
    i'm not sure kung JDM ang nandito.
    The local FD Civic is assembled in Honda Phil's Sta Rosa Plant. The quality of this plant's output is at best spotty. I don't know if Honda Phil has managed to fix the driver's window defect or the noise emanating from the defective engine support.

Quote Originally Posted by MACpod View Post

wala atang audio controls sa steering wheel ang civic? iPod ready nba ang HU?
    Steering wheel integrated audio controls are only available for the 2.0 variants (2.0 S M/T or 2.0 S-L A/T.). No mentions if the audio systemany is I-Pod compatibile.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    *number001
    thanks, but i was referring to civics here in the emirates kung JDM ba sila.
    so sa 2.0 variants lang pla ung audio controls ng civic. thanks.

btw, for those driving a mazda3, ano po ang FC nyo pag city driving at pag highway? thanks

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ung facelifted Mazda 3 2.0 ba may discount pa din?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Go for the Civic...it looks very good and everyone in our family has wowed it...The Mazda 3 looks good but they say its underpowered and the FC is high....CIVIC WINS!!!!!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
MAZDA3 or CIVIC