New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Got to test the CX-5 2.5 AWD today and here are some driving impressions vs the Forester XT...

+ steering feel is more balanced unlike the Forester XT which is too soft
    + driver seat definitely has better support than Forester XT
    - but when pushed hard, gears sometimes shift late causing some jerkiness unlike the Forester XT which is very smooth all the time. It's probably because Forester XT has throttle modes that can be adjusted based on your driving mood

CX-5 power delivery is quite good although the Forester XT's 200+ hp engine is definitely in another league. But I actually think that the CX-5 handling is a bit better than the Forester XT as it feels more connected to the road.

Btw, here's a quick comparo I just found between the 2 although the Forester XT here is of a lower trim level
    http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and...ru_forester_xt

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    How about comparison on the CX5 AWD Sport and the Forester 2.0 Premium. I've heard that there's a promo this month which upgrades the Premium model a bit in terms of headunit, alarm, and reverse camera.

Quote Originally Posted by speed_kills View Post
    Got to test the CX-5 2.5 AWD today and here are some driving impressions vs the Forester XT...

+ steering feel is more balanced unlike the Forester XT which is too soft
    + driver seat definitely has better support than Forester XT
    - but when pushed hard, gears sometimes shift late causing some jerkiness unlike the Forester XT which is very smooth all the time. It's probably because Forester XT has throttle modes that can be adjusted based on your driving mood

CX-5 power delivery is quite good although the Forester XT's 200+ hp engine is definitely in another league. But I actually think that the CX-5 handling is a bit better than the Forester XT as it feels more connected to the road.

Btw, here's a quick comparo I just found between the 2 although the Forester XT here is of a lower trim level
    Mazda CX-5 2.5 GT AWD vs Subaru Forester XT Head To Head Review- CarsGuide

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by madfalcon View Post
    How about comparison on the CX5 AWD Sport and the Forester 2.0 Premium. I've heard that there's a promo this month which upgrades the Premium model a bit in terms of headunit, alarm, and reverse camera.

Manage to test drive the CX-5 AWD last 7/19 and the Forester 2.0 (base model) yesterday and here are my first impressions:

Handling and suspension, Ill give it to the CX-5 (mas ramdam mo yung mga lubak and road imperfections sa Subie, si wifey nga nagsabi na di nagkakalayo ride ni monty and forester sabi ko ang layo naman nung difference ), steering/maneuvering halos pareho but mazda for me has a better view of the road, parang mas mataas sya and it is more easier to maneuver around traffic (ito siguro yung nababasa ko na mas "fun" to drive si CX-5). The dreaded "blind spots" of the CX-5 was not that bothersome to me although I was not able to test the "rear vehicle monitoring"

Engine response/acceleration, mas smooth si CX-5 and mas confident ako sa overtaking (parang mas mabilis yung power delivery ni CX-5 once you need it). Tried the S and I mode ni forester, anemic yung I mode while the S mode gives you confidence at around 3K rpm (manage to reach only 4-4.5K rpms on both cars during acceleration). Medyo sensitive at low speed yung accelerator ni subie (konting apak mo lang from stand still parang kumakadyot, must be the CVT?) pero at cruising speed you need to press hard para maramdaman mo na umarangkada

NVH, interior and passenger/luggage space, lamang si Forester para sa kin dito. Sa NVH halos pareho (60-80kph was probably the fastest sustained speed for a few seconds) but the Forester's panaromic sun roof and reclining 2nd row with its ability to comfortably sit 3 people are the things you will noticed from the Mazda ( I have 3 passengers + 1 toddler at the back of the forester while only 2 + 1 toddler at the CX-5). The view in the 2nd row of the mazda also feels cramped, mas maganda layout nung mga windows ni Forester Fit and finish nung interior nung dalawa again for me is almost the same ( did not noticed the inferior plastic of the Forester that I was reading in the different comparo) Mas maganda pa nga design nung center arm rest ni Forester. The Forester also has the power lift gate.

Sa mga "gimmicks" I think the istop was really impressive, di sya bothersome ( was thinking delayed umarangkada dahil naka off engine, di naman) since once you let go of the brakes or shift it to D magstart agad, papunta pa lng yung paa mo sa accelerator naka idle na. The SI mode of the Forester however will probably make my wife scratch her head
    (Pag naka I baka mabagalan sya, pag naka S baka malakasan sa FC). I was not able to test X mode. The Forester however has Hill Descent Control and Hill start assist which I don't know if the CX-5 has.

Finally the pricing: 1.685 si CX-5 while 1.598 si Forester BUT naka 0% si Mazda ( planning on 50% down, balance to be paid in 3 years kaya pwede lumabas na mas mahal pa si Forester) kaso may free na alarm, AVT headunit + Navi and reverse cam si Subaru worth 75K up to 7/20 lng daw ( kaya nagbigay muna kami ng reservation fee to avail those freebies if ever we will decide for the Forester)

Hirap tuloy pumili! ( buti na lng si Mrs magdedecide )

BTW yung Forester na test drive unit ay 10K kms na tinatakbo while the AWD CX-5 has only 2K kms but I think it is the 2012 early 2013 model since it has the gated AT shifter

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I almost bought the Forester premium (mid spec). I loved the interior which used high quality materials and it has loads of space. I compared it with the CX-5, which I did not even test drive because I found it too small and cramped (I have 3 kids). And the Subaru seemed to be built better. That said, after the test drive, I found the ride of the Forester too harsh for my taste.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you want gizmos, CX-5 leads the pack here. For performance, both have merits: CX-5 for handling and overall driving "feel", Forester for sheer power.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by butchyboy View Post
    Sa mga "gimmicks" I think the istop was really impressive, di sya bothersome ( was thinking delayed umarangkada dahil naka off engine, di naman) since once you let go of the brakes or shift it to D magstart agad, papunta pa lng yung paa mo sa accelerator naka idle na. The SI mode of the Forester however will probably make my wife scratch her head
    (Pag naka I baka mabagalan sya, pag naka S baka malakasan sa FC). I was not able to test X mode. The Forester however has Hill Descent Control and Hill start assist which I don't know if the CX-5 has.
    -Parang wala. What the cx5 awd has are Brake Assist, DSC and TCS. Meron din syang Tire air monitoring. Ang nakaka aliw dito yung addtl safety na Lane departure warning para pag long drive along nlex o sctex, gigisingin ka pag nawawala kn sa linya mo 😁 then High Beam Control para you wont need to switch to lower or higher beam when needed, it automatically adjusts itself it the environment asks for it.

Quote Originally Posted by butchyboy View Post
    Finally the pricing: 1.685 si CX-5 while 1.598 si Forester BUT naka 0% si Mazda ( planning on 50% down, balance to be paid in 3 years kaya pwede lumabas na mas mahal pa si Forester) kaso may free na alarm, AVT headunit + Navi and reverse cam si Subaru worth 75K up to 7/20 lng daw ( kaya nagbigay muna kami ng reservation fee to avail those freebies if ever we will decide for the Forester)
    -standard kay cx5 yung reverse cam + parking sensors. You forgot to include maintenance costs of both. How much yung pms ng subie? Mazda has Yojin3 so basically, wala kang maintenance expenses for the first 3 yrs.

I havent really checked out subie's specs but these goodies of cx5 awd just blew me away nung first ride kami sa unit ng doctor friend ko:
    -rain sensing wipers
    -19" mags 😍 😍 😍
    - bi xenon HID auto on/off depende pag maliwanag o madilim paligid mo
    -adaptive lights daw pag mag turn left or right at night, mauna yung headlight mo magturn hahaha
    -power seats (ng driver)
    -Bose sounds

Dapat bayaran ng mazda c doc eh, bentang benta sa min everytime we ride in his cx5 (for projects) 😁😁😁

7. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Mazda CX-5 Pro 2.0L FWD

Or

Subaru Forester 2.0i-L AWD

Please help me guys! Priority ko over-all cost (maintenance and fuel economy)

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ebowme4867 View Post
    Mazda CX-5 Pro 2.0L FWD

Or

Subaru Forester 2.0i-L AWD

Please help me guys! Priority ko over-all cost (maintenance and fuel economy)

Go get the Mazda CX-5 Pro bro, its more fuel efficient than the Subaru Forester

There will be a facelifted Mazda CX-5 launching at November’s Los Angeles Auto Show

Hopefully Berjaya will bring this facelifted version next year

=> 2016 Mazda CX-5 Spy Shots

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Gano ba kalayo ang FC ng mazda sa forester..sana not based on eco runs or what's written in the brochure.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthWorm View Post
    Go get the Mazda CX-5 Pro bro, its more fuel efficient than the Subaru Forester

There will be a facelifted Mazda CX-5 launching at November’s Los Angeles Auto Show

Hopefully Berjaya will bring this facelifted version next year

=> 2016 Mazda CX-5 Spy Shots
    Oo nga.sa PMS kasi lamang na si mazda dahil may yojin3. Dunno lang PMS cost ng subaru?

Nakita ko na facelifted cx5, inextend ung side mirror signal light,at bar type lang yung front grille compare sa honeycomb grille ng latest cx5. May iba pa bang upgrade bukod dito?

May lalabas na ba daw diesel skyactiv?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast