New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Forester XT for me.

CX5 is fun to drive pero masyadong maliit.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I have driven the new Forester and it feels rock solid inside out. It's a well-built car in my opinion. I'd choose this over the CX5

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    It's a tough choice as both are well-packaged CUV's. The Subaru looks a bit bigger but the Mazda has all the toys a driver will ever need. So I guess its a matter of personal preference.

Both are made in Japan so reliability shouldn't be an issue.

But if I'm to choose, I might just go for the CX-5 2.5L and save myself some money especially since Mazda is offering free 2-year service.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    saw both unit in flesh

forester got my attention

but the differnce in price is almost 250k after the discounts..

also found out that the battery for cx5 awd is 17k each

Sent from my Omega HD 2.0 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    salso found out that the battery for cx5 awd is 17k each

Sent from my Omega HD 2.0 using Tapatalk 2
    Anong meron sa battery ng CX-5, bro?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I have test driven them both, definitely the XT is quick even with the slightest push on the pedal. The CX5, I've test driven is the 2.0 variant but the acceleration and speed is more than enough for what I need plus the fun to drive. I would go with the XT if they were in the same price range. The CX5 offers more features and with 183K price difference between the two, you're getting more for your money with the CX5 2.5. If your paying in cash with the CX5 the SA at Greenhills is willing to give 30K+ discount whereas for the Subaru Forester the most they will give is 10K depending on the dealer(if you show them the money hehe) but not more than that. So with the 30K discount you would save you just need 10K more for the insurance. As far as the 17K(?) battery of the CX5, well your free 1st & 2nd PMS saved pays for it na. Oh yeah, almost forgot....you'll love the 9 speaker Bose Audio system.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Go with the XT.

You'll never regret it. Well, maybe until you smash a headlight or whenever you gas up. I get an average of 4-5km/L, city driving.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Go with the XT.

You'll never regret it. Well, maybe until you smash a headlight or whenever you gas up. I get an average of 4-5km/L, city driving.

Yup, go with the XT if you have the money to spend. If you are after reliability, Subaru has Toyota reliability but then again Mazda CX5 2.0/2.5 was chosen 2012 -2013 Car of the Year in the Japan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You'll only get low FC on the Forester XT if you keep that turbo spooling most of the time! hehehehe

Based on some inputs here, the Forester XT could do around 7km/L on city driving conditions. That's good enough for a turbo engine knowing some sub-compacts and compacts do the same at less than half of the Forester XT's output. hahahahaha

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Go with the XT.

renzo you have an xt?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast