New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I have the new 2014 XT. I get about 5.5 km/l pure city driving. Its still less than 800km after two months with me so i am not sure if my FC is representative. I dont baby that car though. Its really nice, fast, quiet and its got flappy paddles and up to 8 virtual gears to shift thru. The lcd screen is nice and shows lots of info and is very configurable. The harman sound system sounds great. Its big inside relative to the other CUVs and did i say its really quiet inside the cabin? . The awd cx5 seems like a great car as well and it will certainly get better fc . But in a straight line theres no way it will have a chance against the turbo xt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I have the new 2014 XT. I get about 5.5 km/l pure city driving. Its still less than 800km after two months with me. I dont baby that car. Its really nice, fast, quiet and its got flappy paddles and up to 8 virtual gears to shift thru. The lcd screen is nice and shows lots of info and is very configurable. The harman sound system sounds great. Its big inside relative to the other CUVs . The awd cx5 seems like a great car as well and it will certainly get better fc . But in a straight line theres no way it will have a chance against the turbo xt.

you used to have the old xt also right? if you do, how does it compared against the new one?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    This was also my dilemma two weeks ago, but i resorted instead to the AWD CX5. it is jam packed with features such as the i-STOP, lane departure system and the rear view monitoring system. It is also cheaper by more or less 200k. AWD is okay, (not as the Subaru Foresters AWD) but, it can be reliable when you need it more. My CX5 AWD FC for almost 900kms is at 8km/l. Not bad. I am hoping that this will still improve.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Yes i had the older one as well. i posted my review in the forester xt forum and some pics as well a couple months back. if you ask me the kick of the older xt was more pronounced. It was more raw. However in every other respect the new one is more refined and civil. Better interior, gauges, lcd screen, sound system, much much bigger interior space, power boot, led driving lamps, flappy paddles for better control and enjoyment. The cvt actually should help with fuel consumption. But i always leave it on sport # mode so i never get the benefit. Its got three driving modes now ( intelligent, sport and sport # ) plus its also got something called x-drive. Its a button you press that **** the car into all out awd mode with all the nanny sensors and electronics working fully.

The older xt felt like a tin can ( remember how light those doors felt? ) and it was kinda lacking in sound insulation. The new one feels much more solid and quiet. That was the biggest difference i noticed from the get go.

In terms of power the 240 hp of this new model is no slouch either. The old one had 230 hp. Its just that it only had 4 gears hence its power delivery was more raw.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The nice thing about the turbo is the torque is always there in any gear. No need to downshift or fully depress the accelerator pedal to get that sweet rush of power. That will always be its advantage over a NA engine.

Im hooked on turbo.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    nice! i've driven both and like you said the new xt is more refined compared to the old xt, but the old xt for me feels sportier. maybe i'm just not used to the cvt. anyway did you post your review in this forum or another? will definitely check it out.

i used to love turbo'd cars but lately been hooked on N/A engines. turbo'd cars are no doubt fast and has that kick once the turbo spools but once you drive a properly tuned n/a engine on the track it really changes your mind about turbo'd cars. i still love turbo cars though but if i want a dedicated track car i'd get a n/a.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Anong meron sa battery ng CX-5, bro?
    yun battery niya with start and stop function. hindi pwede yun mga locally made na battery.

im not sure lang yun mga imported like amaron kung meron na ganitong battery na binebenta dito

pero i doubt dahil walang bibili dahil mazda palang yata nagdala ng istop feature dito sa pinas

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    nice! i've driven both and like you said the new xt is more refined compared to the old xt, but the old xt for me feels sportier. maybe i'm just not used to the cvt. anyway did you post your review in this forum or another? will definitely check it out.

i used to love turbo'd cars but lately been hooked on N/A engines. turbo'd cars are no doubt fast and has that kick once the turbo spools but once you drive a properly tuned n/a engine on the track it really changes your mind about turbo'd cars. i still love turbo cars though but if i want a dedicated track car i'd get a n/a.
    Yes I posted in the subaru section of tsikot under the forester 2014 thread. Showed some pics of the car and the speedometer as well when I was doing a high speed run hahaha

Edit: under the Subaru Forerster 2014 thread : page 37,38 and 42 (where the pics are)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by EQAddict; July 17th, 2013 at 11:28 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Yes I posted in the subaru section of tsikot under the forester 2014 thread. Showed some pics of the car and the speedometer as well when I was doing a high speed run hahaha

Edit: under the Subaru Forerster 2014 thread : page 37,38 and 42 (where the pics are)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    thanks will check it out right now.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    after discount 233k is the differnce from cx5 awd

im leaning toward the cx5 because of practicality and FC but that boxer engine is giving me headaches hahaha but im no speed freak

Sent from my Omega HD 2.0 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by c_cube; July 17th, 2013 at 07:35 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast