New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fakesaint View Post
    once you drive a matic, you'd never go back to m/t imho...premise:daily drive
    May point ka bro Feel na feel ang comfort particularly in bumper to bumper traffic. Manual transmission is ok in provinces or highways. But in Metro manila A/T. BTW most countries na developed AT na ang trend mahirap lang bagohin ang old sentimental habits of using sticks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    years ago, i went fishing(rod) sa beach then medyo madilim pa kaya di ko na pansin na nasa buhanginan na pala ako naka park. then ng medyo taas na ang araw i decided to uwi na at hindi ako naka-alis dahil nabaon ako sa buhangin. then i just let my toyota "automatic" engaged in "REVERSE" then bumaba ako. then to the unahan sabay tulak. it works!!!.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    years ago, i went fishing(rod) sa beach then medyo madilim pa kaya di ko na pansin na nasa buhanginan na pala ako naka park. then ng medyo taas na ang araw i decided to uwi na at hindi ako naka-alis dahil nabaon ako sa buhangin. then i just let my toyota "automatic" engaged in "REVERSE" then bumaba ako. then to the unahan sabay tulak. it works!!!.
    Delikado yan a. You could end up with a runaway car.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I've been driving a manual for 15 years now. Drove my first matic in 2000, and got so disgusted that I went back to manual afterwards.

IMHO, there's just not enough control over your speed and acceleration, and not enough torque in most low-end Japanese gasoline engines to take advantage of the AT's longer gearing.

For diesels, though, it's another story... I have no problem driving a diesel automatic. Kaya nga bibili... hehehe.

I have had the exact same sentiment -- for over a decade. I think most people na pro-AT should learn MT first and drive at least a medium-HP sedan. hehehe.

Pero tama ka din in that torquey vehicles like diesels, and great AT's like Prodrive and CVT's are a nice compromise. I'm just wondering if all sportshifts are like the prodrive na halos walang lag between stepping on the gas and moving forward?

For control though, MT pa din!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    mamichula ::: natawa ako dito talaga
    Seryoso. I guess thats one of the disadvantages of driving an automatic

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Delikado yan a. You could end up with a runaway car.

yap that's true... but I had a wide open space around me at isa pa i was sure that i can out ran it (athletic me kasi) halos lakad takbo lang naman ang bilis ng reverse without pedal pressure eh kahit "celica" yun at brand new kong bili two years ago that time. and mind you halos sayad ang gearbox nya sa buhangin pero ok lang na iahon ko. (di pa naman uso cell phone noon) at nobody knew i was in that area. SO THANKS SA "AUTOMATIC TRANNY"

but honestly mas enjoy ako sa manual.. nothing compared to the smell of BURNING RUBBER.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i find A/T boring. the only time i enjoyed driving a A/T car was when i drove my friend's camry at NLEX. big engined A/Ts are fun.

i'd trade any M/T vehicle for a CVT though.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    yap that's true... but I had a wide open space around me at isa pa i was sure that i can out ran it (athletic me kasi) halos lakad takbo lang naman ang bilis ng reverse without pedal pressure eh kahit "celica" yun at brand new kong bili two years ago that time. and mind you halos sayad ang gearbox nya sa buhangin pero ok lang na iahon ko. (di pa naman uso cell phone noon) at nobody knew i was in that area. SO THANKS SA "AUTOMATIC TRANNY"
    Well, you obviously made it out there in one piece. Just pointing out the danger, so others would probably think twice before attempting it.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Well, you obviously made it out there in one piece. Just pointing out the danger, so others would probably think twice before attempting it.
    Tama po yun.. HUWAG PAMARISAN..DAHIL DELICADO.

Thanks

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
manual or automatic