New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nung bata bata pa tayo mas gusto ko ng manual para feel, pero ngayon kailangan mo lang pumunta from point A to Point B mas gusto ko na matic. Pero may mga times na nakakamiss din mag manual, pag trip maghataw hataw ng konti.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Akala ko D1 means 1st gear, D2 2nd gear?, etc? Hindi ba? I thought kasi kaya siya nilalagay into D1 or D2 going down from baguio -- to engine brake?
    Correct .

D1 is the lowest gear on A.T gagamitin mo lang ito kung ang ang daan ay very slippery at pababa (more than 15 deg.) and your speed is no more than 25 KPH. D2 is same as D1 depends on road, steep condition or your fulling something. D3 same as D2 again depends on road condition. Friendly advice dont used your lower gear for driving on the city street or highway. A.T is design to shift itself unlike M.T.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Paano po mag downshift kapag halimbawa nasa 3 ako papunta 2 then 2 papunta sa 1? Sanay kasi ako sa matic and kanina nung drive ako ay tumatalon yung auto ng pinsan ko pag nagdownshift ako from 3 to 2.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    mas madali ang maintenance ng manual.

sa matic naman be sure to check weekly yung ATF mo. sabi nung mekaniko eh dapat 10 minutes mong pa-andarin ang sasakyan from cold bago mo check ang level ng ATF, be sure your looking at the HOT level. :kick:

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Paano po mag downshift kapag halimbawa nasa 3 ako papunta 2 then 2 papunta sa 1? Sanay kasi ako sa matic and kanina nung drive ako ay tumatalon yung auto ng pinsan ko pag nagdownshift ako from 3 to 2.
    If your car is three speed auto the "D" is drive . You could down shift to second gear "2" even to 1st gear "1" w/o engaging your brake pedal but, you must aware your speed or your tranny will not last on you. From D to 2 gear could use as an engine break only if you are in tight situation only. This is not advisable if you driving normally.

* daycode:
    Your mechanic meant is to drive your car in 10 min, or 15 miles or 24 kilometers to bring fluid into normal operational (Warm) not hot or boiled then you can check your fluid in a flat surpace 3 minutes after you park you car for more acurate reading.

Been an A/T user since 2002 with our starex and CRV. I just shifted back to M/T with our Everest and Ranger. Feeling ko kasi dun starex A/T, parang parati ubos and disc pads, kasi yung driver namin, parati nakaapak sa brake kahit naka stop sa traffic light, ayaw man lang ilagay sa Neutral. Parati ko sinasabihan pero parati nakakalimutan, hard habit to break, ika nga.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vctradingcubao View Post
    Been an A/T user since 2002 with our starex and CRV. I just shifted back to M/T with our Everest and Ranger. Feeling ko kasi dun starex A/T, parang parati ubos and disc pads, kasi yung driver namin, parati nakaapak sa brake kahit naka stop sa traffic light, ayaw man lang ilagay sa Neutral. Parati ko sinasabihan pero parati nakakalimutan, hard habit to break, ika nga.
    Somehow your driver is right!
    How are you going to stop the car w/o stepping the brake. If the car is in fully stop and the brake is engage the friction of rubbing from disc to rotor are also stop. Even your tranny is in neutral, youll still have to step on your break to avoid rolling also when you shift to gear again. Check your disc brake that would probably the problem and avoid heavy load all the time. The heavier your load, the more your brake work harder.
    So far hes doing good.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    I drive both.
    Kung feeling comfy ka, autobox, kung mataas ang adrenalin mo, go with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Somehow your driver is right!
    How are you going to stop the car w/o stepping the brake. If the car is in fully stop and the brake is engage the friction of rubbing from disc to rotor are also stop. Even your tranny is in neutral, youll still have to step on your break to avoid rolling also when you shift to gear again. Check your disc brake that would probably the problem and avoid heavy load all the time. The heavier your load, the more your brake work harder.
    So far hes doing good.
    Well, I was thinking that, since naka Drive pa, me force parin forward, so kung nakaapak ka sa brake, parang you're still using a lot of friction force. Mas oks sana kung naka neutral, then handbreak na lang gamitin.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    matic na...wala naman ata lugar sa pilipinas na ok magshift ng shift. khit sa nlex nga sarap sana kso may speed limit at radar...was caught twice already at nasuspend ako for the 2nd violation.pang prodessional racers na lang ata dpat mga manual e...sa pilipinas i dont think its still advisable with the traffic and all...hehe

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
manual or automatic