New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Me alone, I prefer a M/T. Since I've been married, all our vehicles have been A/T because my wife refuses to drive stick even though she can in an emergency.

It's interesting to note that I've changed the clutch of my M/T 1991 Plymouth Laser 4 times plus other transmission work. Granted, I've abused the crap out of it. But, I haven't exactly been gentle with our A/T 1995 Ford Contour either. It's transmission is still completely original. The only maintenance work needed so far was changing the ATF regularly.

I'd much prefer if there was a M/T 2006 Sonata V6. But, the Shiftronic mode suits me just fine.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Is it just me or does the manual provide a more precise level of control? Lalo na kung manual na gas vs auto na diesel? As in if you just need to move 3 inches, di ba parang mas madali? -- Lalo na kung manipis ang shoes mo like mocs or something.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    For cars I prefer manual and automatic for trucks which is what I have for my vehicles. Besides truck manual tranny isn't as fun to shift as a car with good manual tranny. For long drives it doesn't matter because once you go to 5th gear in a manual it tends to stay there much like the automatic tranny.
    Last edited by redorange; March 1st, 2007 at 12:18 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Kung dito sa Pilipinas gagamitin especially in Metro Manila, definitely a matic.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    matic. nakakapagod kasi pag traffic pero kaya ko pa drive ng manual.

Tips naman sa mga manual drivers gagawin..halimbawa uphill yung daan tapos medyo traffic...ano ginagawa nyo pag nakahinto sa uphill sasakyan? brake ba tinatapakan nyo or clutch? tips naman.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    matic. nakakapagod kasi pag traffic pero kaya ko pa drive ng manual.

Tips naman sa mga manual drivers gagawin..halimbawa uphill yung daan tapos medyo traffic...ano ginagawa nyo pag nakahinto sa uphill sasakyan? brake ba tinatapakan nyo or clutch? tips naman.

pag alam kung sandali lang at aandar na yung line, half clutch then gas yung gitna ba para hindi umandar at hindi rin umatras...

merge na kaya etong thread na ito

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35699

dito...

1/2 clutching, will lead to preamture wear ng disc and release bearing, not to mention fuel consumption din...better kung full press mo. than 1/2

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Is it just me or does the manual provide a more precise level of control? Lalo na kung manual na gas vs auto na diesel? As in if you just need to move 3 inches, di ba parang mas madali? -- Lalo na kung manipis ang shoes mo like mocs or something.
    A manual always provides more precise control compared to ATs, as you are in complete control of how much of the engine's power makes it to the ground, and at what torque-multiplying ratio it is applied (i.e.: what gear).

Most common automatics experience hesitation and indecision in picking gears. Either they wait an additional half-second to confirm that, yes, you want more power, or they drop down a gear even when you don't need it, at the slightest sign of an incline. Also, they get flummoxed in many dynamic sitautions, like cornering, and rummage around for the right gear. If they pick one that's too low, say good-bye to the racing line and hello, curb.

Common ATs here refer to torque-converter jobs... trannies which suffer the additional indignity of having to drag a big torque converter through the slush we all call transmission fluid. At high HP levels, this drag becomes inconsequential, but for small engines, it's a big handicap.

CVTs provide smoother function, but their logic function is also as limited. The additional control provided by semi-automatic functions help alleviate some of this, but then, the computer almost always errs on the side of safety, giving you less control.

SMG and DSG are the best ATs around, but then, they're not true ATs, they're robotised manuals.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Most of the time I use tiptronic (+up/-down sa shift knob) on my 6 spd. CVT, minsan lang yung magnesium paddles pag naglalaro ako
    Last edited by the josh; February 28th, 2007 at 03:03 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    real men drive manual... heheh
    But better men drive the auto.. eheh

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
manual or automatic