matic
    - some say boring , pero minsan depende sa sayo yun eh
    for me pag long drive yes its boring , pero pag traffic its a divine gift
    - im not sure kung pano maintenance ng matic coz i havent tried pa
    - gas consumption slightly higher
    Yup I agree.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i agree, if youre more of the type na basta makarating sa destination, go for matic.. but if you want the "real driving experience", edi manual...

personally if price isnt a factor, id go for matic. sa daan pa lang sa metro manila kelangan mo na e.. trafffiiiccc! LOL

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I drive a manual but I'd still prefer a matic.

Boring din ang manual sa long drive. With the MB100, halos hindi na ko umaalis ng fifth gear (lakas kasi ng torque). Anything between 70kph-135kph can be covered by a single gear.

Downshift lang ako kapag overtaking sa national highway.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    may i suggest semi matic ? :D

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If you have a female relative who will use the car, a matic is a good choice especially if they'll use it a lot.

Sometimes a matic can be just as fun as a manual, it depends on the transmission. Some transmissions are really boring, while some transmissions constantly remind you they're working by shifting into the next gear a bit more firmly.

If you're a new driver, a manual is the way to go. Kasi if you get a matic kagad, masasanay ka dun masyado. IMO when you learn to drive a stick, and you shift to matics, you have no problems. But if you start with a matic, and then shift to driving stick, usually you'll forget to step on the clutch and stall the engine. Don't ask how I know

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    one thing more...a friend of mine told me that im a clutch driver, wat does it mean anyway? would you suggest me to go for matic transmission being a clutch driver?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It means you drive with your foot on the clutch.

You may not be pressing on the clutch but as your foot gets more tired, you will unknowingly exert weight on the clutch pedal. A partially engaged clutch is one of the worst possible things you could do to a car.

Unless you want to intentionally burn the clutch.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    boring talaga mag long driving. Period. kelangan mo nun good cd selection.

I drive both.

Sa Matic ako.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    If you're a new driver, a manual is the way to go. Kasi if you get a matic kagad, masasanay ka dun masyado. IMO when you learn to drive a stick, and you shift to matics, you have no problems. But if you start with a matic, and then shift to driving stick, usually you'll forget to step on the clutch and stall the engine. Don't ask how I know
    or started with a manual for a couple of years, moved to matic for a couple of years, then used manual for a couple of days...kinabukasan, subconsciously na naghahanap ng clutch pedal sa matic na kotse! bwahahahahaa. happened to me na yan.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pyeh! View Post
    i need advice from u experts...im planning to buy a second hand car (i prefer HONDA LXi or VTi) but, until now d ko prin alam kung ano kunin ko...manual tranny or automatic whats the difference bet. the two as far as maintenace is concern? sama narin natin ang handling and fuel consumption etc. hope u guys can help me

maintenance - automatic might be expensive, especially na second hand kunin mo.

handling - depende sa condition ng car; in general, automatic is far easier to handle; pero pag-sanay ka na sa manuel, driving will come just as easy.

consumption - in general, automatic consumes more fuel; though "some" say that in the case of honda city a/t cvt, it is more efficient that its m/t counterpart (none has made the some observation as with mithsubishi lancer a/t cvt with respect to its m/t counterpart); at the end of the day, it is a matter of preference: less fuel efficiency but slight ease in driving, expecially in heavy traffic vs. fuel efficient mannual tranny.

for a newbie driving his first (second hand) car, a manual tranny would provide him the necessary driving initiation.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
manual or automatic