New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lowriderz77 View Post
    may i suggest semi matic ? :D
    MANO Matic ..pwede din

hirap din pag palit ka lagi ng ride ..hinahanap mo ang bawat isa kada lipat mo

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: City AT - yes, it really is that efficient. Of course, it feels something like a golf cart while accelerating...

Manual or Automatic? Having driven both, I'd say I still prefer the manual, even in traffic. If you've learned how to effectively "creep" in first or second gear, driving a manual in traffic isn't too bad. And it helps save your brakes from wear, lessens engine bay heat (from the torque converter sloshing through the ATF) and costs less to maintain.

Plus, it saves gas when you drive aggressively, too, no transmission lag or hesitation forcing you to put your foot to the floor, and no unnecessary upshifting or downshifting in other situations... of course, newer ATs and CVTs are much better, but I still prefer a stick. (Though I'd take a CVT for traffic driving any time)

RE: AT disposable? If you're driving a ten year old secondhand japanese car, with the budget of a person who would buy such car... the cost of overhauling is such that this is what most people do... they just swap in a surplus tranny. Much cheaper.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i drive both. but i still prefer manual lalo na kung kotse ang dala ko. mas fulfilling mag drive ng manual eh.. siguro sa preference lang talaga ng driver yan. if you don't mind less mileage to your fuel consumption pwede na ang matic. imo, di na biro ang presyo ng gas ngayon, kaya i'm a little biased towards m/t.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    or started with a manual for a couple of years, moved to matic for a couple of years, then used manual for a couple of days...kinabukasan, subconsciously na naghahanap ng clutch pedal sa matic na kotse! bwahahahahaa. happened to me na yan.
    Hahahahahaha.... Guilty!!!!!!!!!
    Hahahahahahahaha "Bkit ayaw kumagat nung clutch" ay matic pala hahahahaha...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mas gusto ko manual, mas tipid konti sa gas consumption, mas masusulit ang power ng makina, at pwede push start pag naubos o nadiskarga ang battery

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rusem View Post
    mas fulfilling mag drive ng manual eh..
    Hell, yeah. I think driving a manual helps to keep me awake behind the wheel, especially on late night trips home.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    automatic for me if ang bibilhin ko is brand new.....kung 2nd hand naman, manual, lalo na kung hindi mo kakilala ang bibilhan mo.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    I drive both, I find the matic boring. Control freak kasi ako hehehe kaya gusto ko manual. Pero pag SUV matic, I don't get inspired driving an SUV anyway (no offense to SUV owners).

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    One concern about matics is the electronics. We all know how durable the electronics are compared to the mechanicals. One less thing to break down for the manual tranny.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Manual or Matic?

Depending on the car, the day of the week or destination. City driving on a Sunday using a decent manual car is fun, on a weekday, especially during rush hours - nothing beats the matic. Matic's alot more controllable and responsive in 'stop and go' situation. Of course I'm talking about toyota's matic, it a bit diff. with the Civic or maybe other brands.

Hiway driving's not much of a difference, well at least with my driving style. I'll be more concerned on how much torque the engine has than it's transmission.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
manual or automatic