New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung pang-company fleet....

I know na masmahal mag maintain ng Honda vs. maintaining a Toyota. Pero in the case of the Jazz vs. Vios, malaki ba ang price gap nila in terms of maintenance? Kasi I'm leaning towards the looks of the Jazz, both have good mileage (1.3L), maintenance costs lang ang in question.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    i think kung pang fleet lang just get the 1.3 m/t vios less headache kapa

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i had the Jazz 1.3S CVT, dunno if this will make a difference in your decision but when the battery expired i had to bring it to the casa for replacement. may "adjust adjust" "program program" pa daw sa CVT. syempre additional ka-tsing, ka-tsing (cash register sound hehe)

hindi sya "plug & drive" ... as most of us are used to when replacing car batteries

... hindi na po ako Jazz owner ngayon ;-)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Honda 1.3 MT would be less difficult to maintain than the CVT. And it has a longer oil change interval than most cars (10,000 kms between oil changes).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    vios pre...

Quote Originally Posted by nemo's friend View Post
    i had the Jazz 1.3S CVT, dunno if this will make a difference in your decision but when the battery expired i had to bring it to the casa for replacement. may "adjust adjust" "program program" pa daw sa CVT. syempre additional ka-tsing, ka-tsing (cash register sound hehe)

hindi sya "plug & drive" ... as most of us are used to when replacing car batteries

ngii..pano kung sa bundok ng tralala ka nagpalit ng baterya? sobrang hassle naman yan...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    magkano ba PMS ng jazz 1.3S na manual?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo's friend View Post

So CVT has a downside after all. Is this procedure also necessary for the CVT Lancer?

Tsaka oo, paano pag nasa remote area ka nga at naubusan ng batt Jazz CVT mo? Di pwedeng i-series yan?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    to all,
    actually its not a downside. cvt just needs reprogramming that even the owner can do it himself/herself. i have a copy of the procedure and its really easy to do. no need to pay anyone to do it for you.

PMS for i-dsi engines average about 2-3K..only when you're going to change the spark plugs will the cost goes up. coz the i-dsi engine uses 8 spark plugs. so PMS would amount to around 7K. but hey, you could always buy your own spark plugs and not from the casa...that would lessen the price to around 5-6K...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same lang yan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
(Maintenance) Jazz vs Vios