New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    Thanks for the inputs. We aren't really considering the Vios E kasi it's basically an aesthetically pleasing verson of the J for 80+k more.
    Aesthetically pleasing? Vios E? :hysterical: Personally, It's one of the ugliest cars right now. The mid-model change even made the car look worse, imo. The only reason why I would consider Vios E is the completeness of it's safety features for the budget (albeit lacking one passenger airbag).

If that's out of the question, and it's a choice between the Lancer and the City A, I'd go City A. Cabin space is huge, trunk space is huge, new engine technology, better FC, better looks, and you get ABS with it -- which to me is the deal breaker. No compromise for that safety feature for me.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    IMHO, if you're gonna keep the car for a long time go for the Vios, if you change cars every few years then you can consider the City, experience ko kasi sa Honda e mahal na yung maintenance pag lagpas ng 5 years. But if it were up to me, I'd still go for the Vios.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    homer jay: I meant that in the sense na it has mags instead of hubs, and body colored stuff instead of the black ones the J has.

And on the ABS, methinks ABS is much more important than the airbags, and only the City has it among the choices.

ronw123w124: Honda owner na ang family ko for 12 years and counting and never naman naging super mahal ng regular maintenance ng Civic namin. Ngayon lang when it already's aged enough for replacement. Mas gusto pa nga yata ng parents ko ang Honda maintenance kaysa sa Toyota maintenance, the only time they had trouble with it was post-Ondoy when the casas were super full of flood-damaged vehicles.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I meant that in the sense na it has mags instead of hubs, and body colored stuff instead of the black ones the J has.
    I was just kidding around. I know what you meant, it's just that, to me, no matter if it's the current E or G mags, the wheels still look ugly. The City A hubcap design looks better pa nga than those -- pangit lang nga kasi madaling pitikin ang hubcaps. Bumagay lang talaga na mags sa Vios ay yung 17" na ginamit nila sa XX and Vios S dati.

The color stuff or chrome stuff that is meant to make the Vios more "elegant" doesn't make it more appealing to me.

Moreso with this mid-model change. I found the current Vios grill too "trying hard" to be a Camry (hindi naman bagay).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    homer jay: Hahaha I understand. And I totally agree with the design of the mags and the TH Vios grille, but I think the grille is okay if only it weren't totally chrome.

LATEST UPDATE!!!
    The Lancer has been REMOVED from the choices. It's now a toss-up between the Vios J (my dad's pick) and the City A (my mom's pick). There's an 87k price difference which makes me want to choose the Vios but I think that's the only appealing thing about the Vios. I'm hoping Mommy powers come in and despite what my dad says, we still go for the City.

Please do continue dropping by and posting your two cents, it definitely helps us decide.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Both choices are solid in my book! You're a winner either way, and yes good thing the Lancer has been eliminated. Stop patronizing companies selling old products to fill a void, MMPC should release a REAL SUBCOMPACT and not an old COMPACT to compete with new SUBCOMPACTS...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    tidus_1203: My sentiments exactly! Dati my dad is like "Compact car agaist subcompacts, that's a steal" but when he had a little chitchat with the owner of a car wash na may buy-and-sell and a small talyer as well, he was exposed to the "horrors" of the Cedia Lancer. Totally turned off my dad. I'm all smiles because I can now say that our next car will have an FC better than 10km/l )

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    tidus_1203: My sentiments exactly! Dati my dad is like "Compact car agaist subcompacts, that's a steal" but when he had a little chitchat with the owner of a car wash na may buy-and-sell and a small talyer as well, he was exposed to the "horrors" of the Cedia Lancer. Totally turned off my dad. I'm all smiles because I can now say that our next car will have an FC better than 10km/l )
    Saying that an old design "compact car" is a steal against a new-design "subcompact" is ridiculous, imo. Cars get bigger and bigger each model they release. Case in point that the current "subcompact" City is already a tiny bit bigger than a "compact" Lovelife Corolla of the late 90's-early 2000's -- in terms of external dimension, cabin space, trunk space, etc. Plus considering advances in design and safety engineering, a new City would be much safer than the lovelife Corolla.

If it were really a steal, then you will be seeing lots of "new" Lancer Cedias and Nissan Sentras on the streets now. If you see a real "steal" during times of mall sales, the next day pag balik mo sa mall wala na yung item na yan. Etong mga ito, nabubulok sa mga showrooms.

People are still very wise when spending on big item purchases, that's why in that particular price category, we still see more Vioses and Cities, rather than Lancers and Sentras. It's because these subcompact Vioses and Cities are more of a "steal" than the old "compact" Lancers and Sentras.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    homer jay: Hahaha I understand. And I totally agree with the design of the mags and the TH Vios grille, but I think the grille is okay if only it weren't totally chrome.

LATEST UPDATE!!!
    The Lancer has been REMOVED from the choices. It's now a toss-up between the Vios J (my dad's pick) and the City A (my mom's pick). There's an 87k price difference which makes me want to choose the Vios but I think that's the only appealing thing about the Vios. I'm hoping Mommy powers come in and despite what my dad says, we still go for the City.

Please do continue dropping by and posting your two cents, it definitely helps us decide.
    It seems that you are biased with the City, nothing wrong with that, but then medyo malaki din yung difference of 87k madami ka pwedeng gawin sa 87k, pag dating ng araw na bebenta mo na yung car I would think na halos pareho lang ang magiging halaga ng car mapa Vios o City.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ronw123124: I personally want the City but the 87k price difference still stings kaya when I try to talk to my dad about getting the City, I end up not talking anymore when he brings that up.

Either way I think we're up for a good purchase, with both choices being reliable and that they're both tipid sa gas, but the City has ABS (instead of the Vios' airbag) and way more appeal.

BTW anong accessories ang pwedeng ilagay sa Vios with a budget for those stuff at 30k max? Hopefully from casa para maavail yung sa car loan. :P

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast