New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Vios ako. Mas fresh looks compared sa Cedia. Palit rims, foglights at keyless entry magpalagay ka tapos the rest is stock maganda na yan
    I wonder how much would the rims, foglights and TVSS would cost. Sa car plan kasi ng mom ko kailangan lahat from the casa eh. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sorry, doublepost.
    Last edited by after11years; May 30th, 2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Doublepost

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Vios. Just prepared to be underwhelmed with the lack of features. but a reliable and efficient point a to point b car.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    I wonder how much would the rims, foglights and TVSS would cost. Sa car plan kasi ng mom ko kailangan lahat from the casa eh. Thanks!
    Rims could be bought outside. Design would be depending on your preference. If you want to have it cheap, then buy 2nd hand rims then brand new tires ... just make sure that the rims has no or less scratches. Tires would be again depending on you.

OEM Foglights would set you back at 6,500php including install and the switch.

TVSS on the other hand would again cost you another 5,500.

Prices are inquired * Toyota Quezon Avenue.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    mas malaki at mabigat ang body ng lancer tapos bigger engine pa so expect FC will be higher compared to vios.. pero sa tingin ko mas spacious ang lancer compared sa vios at isa pa hindi ko trip yung center mounted instrument panel nakakairita kasi mapaptingin ka sa harap looking for the instrument panel at magtataka bakit nawala... tapos maaalala mo vios nga pala yung car mo sabay tingin sa gitna..
    Space-wise, I really don't think Lancer Cedia is bigger than the Vios. Yes, length is longer by some 200+mm but the design of the lancer is not space eficient (long engine bay, etc). Width, they are the same (specs-wise, Vios is even wider by 5mm), and you even have a higher roofline for the Vios. I would say, they're even in terms of interior spacing.

Re the instrument panel, pag matagal ka nang driver, it takes you less than a month naman to really "get used" to this. I was able to drive a small-body corolla, an itlog lancer, and the same civic model as your dad has before I had my Vios. Naka-adjust naman ako in a short time, and hindi naman ako nahihirapan sa orientation when I borrow the cars of my siblings now, which have the normal instrument panel orientation. No big issue yan. Pangit lang nga yung center mounted design in my opinion but reading it is no problem.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    Anyway, another concern is that baka hindi kaya ng Vios yung mga medyo matitinding paakyat, and long drives. Although it will be primarily used for city driving, ito na rin ang gagamitin namin for rare weekend outings to places like Pansol and all that. I guess kaya pa naman. Pero baka iuwi rin kasi namin to Bicol yung sasakyan. Kaya kaya ng Vios yung ganun katinding biyahe? Kahit sino po pwede sumagot. Thanks!
    Haven't driven as far as Bicol yet, but I had my gen 1 vios tested at steeply inclined, but paved roads, kayang-kaya naman sya. Mahina lang sya sa akyatan pero kaya naman. And kaya rin naman sya sa rough but flat roads, pero parang nakakaawa lang sya kasi when alam mong hindi sya built for it. Haven't tested it in rough, inclined roads. Plus if ginagawa syang taxi, then it can go for at least 12 hours straight without problem, tried and tested na yan.

Sa accessories that you mentioned, tingin ko di na practical to change rims and install foglamps pa (unless na ibabiyahe mo nga lang sya madalas to high, foggy places). Kung para sa porma lang, then why get a Vios J in the first place?

Tingin ko okay naman yung TVSS ng Toyota. For me, the speed sensing door locks feature is a very useful function. Sometimes, you forget to lock the car when you drive, safer sa bukas-kotse gangs, and safer din if you have small kids riding the car.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually weird ako in saying I like the center dash of the Yaris (pareho sila ng Vios center dash). I love the glove box of the Yaris up front cause I can store my cellphone and whatnot in there (and you can't have that if your gauges are standard). Meron ba ganun yung Vios?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Alanganin nga yung choices.

If for city driving only, the Vios J would do. Not a fan of the No Alarm/No ABS+EBD/Hubcaps pero it fits the bill.

At 865k kasi, the City A comes into the picture. More or less even with the Vios E except for the hubcaps and 2 speaker setup. Walang keyless entry but merong immobilizer.

Hindi pa rin ba ma stretch yung budget? Hehe. Ang tagal na ring naka hold 'tong kotse nyo. =)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    *basti08 actually it's okay na. Gusto lang sana namin na madagdagan ng features kasi gusto ng mom ko imaximize yung car loan.

*renzo_d10 Wala bang rims na nabibili sa casa?

*homer_jay Actually parang mas maluwag pa nga yata yung Vios eh. I've ridden a friend's Lancer GLX (na 2007 nya binili) and comparing it with the Vios cabs, mas gusto ko pa rin yung Vios. :P And yes siguro nga kaya naman ang Bicol )

*tidus1203 Wala yatang ganyan yung Vios pero okay lang, we don't really use those glove compartments except for safekeeping important docs.

*mda Ayaw nina Mommy eh. Kaya sana but she wants to restrict herself to the last centavo of the car loan. Nagrerefurnish rin kasi kami ng bahay ngayon eh. )

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Vios it is then.

Mukhang no alternative kayo =p

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast