New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    yung heart ni TS clearly says they should buy the Lancer. yung mind, parang 50-50 pa rin, pero yung Lancer ang nakakalamang na.

go for the lancer.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Latest update: Mom wants to consider the City kahit 36k over budget. A variant. Any feedback?

Chikselog: Bihira lang naman na loaded and maraming sakay. And yes, mostly city driving. What about the Vios against the City?

GTi: Yung GLX kukunin namin if ever Lancer, pero ayun nga, yun rin ang reasonig ng dad ko, sa features (safety and convenience)

dale323: I noticed medyo high-maintenance din yata yung gray. I also don't like white or black dahil ang hirap imaintain. Siguro silver na lang talaga kang magiging color ng car namin kasi tamad ako (at yung dad ko) maglinis.

p_borj: Before the City was presented for consideration, yes that's exactly the case. Ngayong gusto na rin ng mom ko yung City, my heart wants it (BADLY) but it seems that the Vios is the most practical. *-)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    If i were in your shoes, I will weigh it with (a) what my heart wants and (b) what gets more features. its 70% A and 30% B.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    Yung GLX kukunin namin if ever Lancer, pero ayun nga, yun rin ang reasonig ng dad ko, sa features (safety and convenience)
    GLX lancer doesn't have ABS (dual disc brakes but no ABS) but has dual airbags, it also has security alarm; City A has ABS but no Airbags, and also no security alarm; Vios J has single airbag but no ABS and security alarm. I'd go with City A on this, but if you factor in the Vios E, wherein they give discounts now which would just be exactly at your budget, you'd now have ABS, single airbag, plus security alarm. So I might go with Vios E in this case.

Sa convenience, I'd say Toyota parin.

Before the City was presented for consideration, yes that's exactly the case. Ngayong gusto na rin ng mom ko yung City, my heart wants it (BADLY) but it seems that the Vios is the most practical. *-)
    If it were me, my heart also goes to the City A over Vios J/E. I had the same dilemma when I was choosing my 1st car. My heart wanted a Jazz iDSI CVT before, I could've stretched my budget if I wanted, but practicality took over and I settled for a Vios E (P100k difference at that time).

Now, I am entitled to get a new car already, so I was kinda glad I didn't spend all that money because I can get a better car now. And after hearing the CVT woes of that model, I was sure glad that I really bought the "right car" for me, even if it was not the car that my heart really wanted.

So it depends on your preferences really, ano ba talaga mas importante sayo. But no matter what you choose, the car you will be buying is the best for your needs naman at the end of the day and I know you will be happy with your purchase.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    dale323: I want the City but practicality screams LANCER. My mom's after resale value and that's why she's willing to go a bit over budget just for a Honda City. I like it for its looks kahit A variant siya, and hey it's a Honda! XD

homer jay: Thanks for the inputs. We aren't really considering the Vios E kasi it's basically an aesthetically pleasing verson of the J for 80+k more. I'm also kinda wondering why my mom's considering the City A but hey it's a Honda City so YES YES PLEASE. It all boils down to what our mood is on the day we finalize the deal, but my heart and my eyes are still set on the City.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    dale323: I want the City but practicality screams LANCER. My mom's after resale value and that's why she's willing to go a bit over budget just for a Honda City. I like it for its looks kahit A variant siya, and hey it's a Honda! XD

homer jay: Thanks for the inputs. We aren't really considering the Vios E kasi it's basically an aesthetically pleasing verson of the J for 80+k more. I'm also kinda wondering why my mom's considering the City A but hey it's a Honda City so YES YES PLEASE. It all boils down to what our mood is on the day we finalize the deal, but my heart and my eyes are still set on the City.
    That being said, then I guess, your family will be future Honda City owners. Congrats! One more thing, don't mind the resale value, you'll eventually forget that once the car become emotionally attached to your family.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    talagang marami nakong nababasa namimili between vios, city at lancer, and kadalasa depende na lang sa preference ng buyer kung ano yung mapipili nila...

pero sa dami ng nakita kong comparison between the 3 hindi ko pa ako nakakakita ng ground clearance ng tatlo? mga bros are they about the same sino po yung mas mataas ang ground clearance?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    City 1.3S :D

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Chikselog: Bihira lang naman na loaded and maraming sakay. And yes, mostly city driving. What about the Vios against the City?
    Medyo OT: I think they're the same. Although some say na mas maganda raw response ng engine ng City kapag high speeds, while mas maganda raw low-end torque ng Vios. 85hp lang ang 1.3 Vios btw, while 100hp ang 1.3 City.

Pero, kapag sa features, itsura ng interior and exterior, City ako, hehe.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    dale323: Thanks! Sa totoo lang nanay ko lang may paki about the resale value, but I guess it still helps.

Chikselog: City rin ako stylewise and but featurewise I think Lancer pinakamaganda.

Now I guess what's left to do is to convince my dad to go for the City and/or to prevent my mom from being convinced to go for the Lancer.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast