New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    nalito na ako. iba pa pala ang joylong sa foton. tapos pareho silang may 2.8crdi engine.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    [QUOTE=Cabu Jambo;3114014]
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post

What if you replace the joy long engine with a grandia engine? Is it possible na isalpak na lang yung bagong engine... Yung para ka lang nagpalit ng bombilya sa kisame? Just to have the benefit of joylong body...

I don't think its a bolt on project. Maraming Tall tales na sinasabi ang mga Joylong salesman para makabenta nang Joylong. I think same with Foton Salespeople.Their biggest sales pitch is that almost all the underchassis components are compatible with the Grandia. That is not true. For example at 18,000kms I have to replaced the clutch assembly. Ang layo niya sa Grandia, ibang iba. Pero I dont want to use original joylong parts anymore so I ask my staff to go to banawe and looked for an equivalent. Eventually we found an Isuzu exact equivalent, pero nahirapan kaming maghanap.

I bought my Joylong because at that time it was the only van that is 18 seater. Until now Only Foton and Joylong offers an 18 seater van. Toyota and Nissan only offers 14 seater vans.

Do I regret buying the Joylong, NO because I still need an 18 seater van once in a while. Iba parin kung magkakasama kayo sa isang sasakyan sa lakaran. Matakaw lang talaga siya sa maintenance

Do I think the Joylong is a reliable vehicle? Absolutely not. Clutch needs replacement after 18,000 kms. Front wheel bearings gave way after 15,000kms, rear wheel bearings gave way after 28,000 kms. Mahinang klase parin talaga ang china. Pagnasira mga wheel bearings dont buy the original Joylong part, buy a Japanese or European wheel bearing, tatagal siya. If you dont need an 18 seater van, I suggest that you go Toyota or Nissan, the extra price you pay for a respectable Japanese brand, mababawi niyo sa sakit ng ulo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    [QUOTE=monmendoza;3115048]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabu Jambo View Post

I don't think its a bolt on project. Maraming Tall tales na sinasabi ang mga Joylong salesman para makabenta nang Joylong. I think same with Foton Salespeople.Their biggest sales pitch is that almost all the underchassis components are compatible with the Grandia. That is not true. For example at 18,000kms I have to replaced the clutch assembly. Ang layo niya sa Grandia, ibang iba. Pero I dont want to use original joylong parts anymore so I ask my staff to go to banawe and looked for an equivalent. Eventually we found an Isuzu exact equivalent, pero nahirapan kaming maghanap.

I bought my Joylong because at that time it was the only van that is 18 seater. Until now Only Foton and Joylong offers an 18 seater van. Toyota and Nissan only offers 14 seater vans.

Do I regret buying the Joylong, NO because I still need an 18 seater van once in a while. Iba parin kung magkakasama kayo sa isang sasakyan sa lakaran. Matakaw lang talaga siya sa maintenance

Do I think the Joylong is a reliable vehicle? Absolutely not. Clutch needs replacement after 18,000 kms. Front wheel bearings gave way after 15,000kms, rear wheel bearings gave way after 28,000 kms. Mahinang klase parin talaga ang china. Pagnasira mga wheel bearings dont buy the original Joylong part, buy a Japanese or European wheel bearing, tatagal siya. If you dont need an 18 seater van, I suggest that you go Toyota or Nissan, the extra price you pay for a respectable Japanese brand, mababawi niyo sa sakit ng ulo.
    thanks nice input. had the same experience yun isuzu technology noon ng foton wala masyadong interchageability

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Siguro Isuzu 4JB1 clone ang makina at transmission ng Joylong mo, kaya ibang iba sa Grandia? How long did your Isuzu clutch last?

Usong uso sa kanila ang sinaunang Isuzu 4JB1. Considering that Foton is still selling the Transvan, I think they even improved on it to make it Euro 4 compliant. They even claim to have commonrail injection for it. Kaya siguro kumokonti ang interchangeability with original Isuzu 4JB1 parts.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007

It seems that mas wala pa kaming sakit sa ulo with our 15 year old L300 Versa van na ginawa namin service vehicle/runner sa office, yun nga lang, tinanggal na namin yung aircon since hindi talaga mapatino

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    [QUOTE=GTi;3115606]
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post

Siguro Isuzu 4JB1 clone ang makina at transmission ng Joylong mo, kaya ibang iba sa Grandia? How long did your Isuzu clutch last?

Usong uso sa kanila ang sinaunang Isuzu 4JB1. Considering that Foton is still selling the Transvan, I think they even improved on it to make it Euro 4 compliant. They even claim to have commonrail injection for it. Kaya siguro kumokonti ang interchangeability with original Isuzu 4JB1 parts.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk
    Hello GTi, iyong isuzu clutch ko, naka 30.000+ kms na ang joylong, wala naman pang signs na may problema. We have 3 Isuzu delivery trucks in the office. Iyong isa napalitan ang clutch after 250,000+ kms. Iyong isa more than 210,000 kms na hinde pa napapalitan ang clutch, iyong isa 180,000+ kms na hinde parin napapalitan ang clutch. Matibay talaga.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Joylong Hivan van vs toyota grandia.